October 27, 2020, 12:42:00 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 200066 times)

October 29, 2019, 06:23:11 PM
Reply #2910

Lxxx

100% with you on this.
There seem to be a lot of people claiming the football under Silva has been terrible, but at times last season our high intensive pressing and attacking football was really exciting.

I'm still hopeful, but I think a lot had made their mind up even before the season started.

What a load of rubbish. After the way we finished the season and the summer of signings pretty much all the fans were bang up for it and willing to give Silva a good go at making it a success.

Even the sceptics thought he'd got over his early season difficulties, when the football was terrible you're right, and was now ready to kick on with a more fluid approach.

Some people just love to see an agenda even when it isn't there.

October 29, 2019, 06:25:50 PM
Reply #2911

Crackling

NSNO Subscriber
What a load of rubbish. After the way we finished the season and the summer of signings pretty much all the fans were bang up for it and willing to give Silva a good go at making it a success.

Even the sceptics thought he'd got over his early season difficulties, when the football was terrible you're right, and was now ready to kick on with a more fluid approach.

There were loads of "if he doesn't get x amount of points from the first 6 games, he should be sacked"

And read the match day threads to see how quickly some turned.

October 29, 2019, 06:27:35 PM
Reply #2912

Lxxx

There were loads of "if he doesn't get x amount of points from the first 6 games, he should be sacked"

Really? Don't remember reading stuff like that, but happy to be proved wrong if you can show us.

October 29, 2019, 06:29:14 PM
Reply #2913

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

The Silva out thread was bumped after our first defeat of the season.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 29, 2019, 06:30:43 PM
Reply #2914

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
100% with you on this.
There seem to be a lot of people claiming the football under Silva has been terrible, but at times last season our high intensive pressing and attacking football was really exciting.

I'm still hopeful, but I think a lot had made their mind up even before the season started.

Yep. We were great up until December last year. Approached the derby in 6th and played the best we've played there for years.

It's not been all bad. There's been some very good things under Silva and I'm baffled by where we are in the league.

October 29, 2019, 06:34:46 PM
Reply #2915

Lxxx

The Silva out thread was bumped after our first defeat of the season.

At the time I remember reading from the lad who did it that is was wrongly bumped and that it should have actually been the Silva Playbook one, as what was being discussed was the style of play not the fact he should be binned. I think that continued and it was even locked as it was a ludicrous time to use that thread.

Of course when we continued, and continue, to get pumped by shite sides then the bigger question comes into play.

October 29, 2019, 06:36:23 PM
Reply #2916

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
At the time I remember reading from the lad who did it that is was wrongly bumped and that it should have actually been the Silva Playbook one, as what was being discussed was the style of play not the fact he should be binned. I think that continued and it was even locked as it was a ludicrous time to use that thread.

Of course when we continued, and continue, to get pumped by shite sides then the bigger question comes into play.

Hmmmm not how I recall it myself, but it's irrelevant.

October 29, 2019, 06:41:18 PM
Reply #2917

KoemansNumberTens

100% with you on this.

The last line is completely untrue. Pretty much our entire fan base were hopeful of a great season. Don’t think anyone thought we’d be in this position or silvas job would be under threat. No one wanted shut of him after the way we finished last season

October 29, 2019, 06:42:41 PM
Reply #2918

Lxxx

Hmmmm not how I recall it myself, but it's irrelevant.

You're right it is irrelevant. You'll always get the outliers in every group, the vast majority want what's best for Everton which is a successful manager.

October 29, 2019, 06:44:24 PM
Reply #2919

KoemansNumberTens

People turned quickly because the reality was that we hadn’t turned a corner just hit form at the end of last season. The reality was his record had been poor barring that and was continuing to be poor. Didn’t see anyone suggest he’d be sacked before the season start. I don’t think anyone thought we wouldn’t get plenty of points from our opening fixtures

October 29, 2019, 07:59:47 PM
Reply #2920

Crackling

NSNO Subscriber
People turned quickly because the reality was that we hadn't turned a corner just hit form at the end of last season. The reality was his record had been poor barring that and was continuing to be poor. Didn't see anyone suggest he'd be sacked before the season start. I don't think anyone thought we wouldn't get plenty of points from our opening fixtures
I wasnt pointing a finger at you. I think you've been massively supportive and positive since the start of the season.

October 29, 2019, 08:40:05 PM
Reply #2921

KoemansNumberTens

I wasnt pointing a finger at you. I think you've been massively supportive and positive since the start of the season.

Didn’t think you were pointing the finger at anyone in particular. It really isn’t true regardless though. We were all very hopeful. There was no talk of him getting sacked if he didn’t achieve x because we all thought we’d do well

October 30, 2019, 01:19:45 AM
Reply #2922

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I'm still hoping he can turn it round I've seen some good things you have to look quite hard though

October 30, 2019, 03:52:06 AM
Reply #2923

Cozzie

Don't think this game has any indication of him staying or going really.

Watford really are that shite.

October 30, 2019, 03:53:05 AM
Reply #2924

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I thought if anything it was disappointing how we looked vs that shower!

Like the look of Quina though. Would rather him than Doucoure if we must in the summer.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.