October 27, 2020, 12:01:01 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 200041 times)

November 04, 2019, 01:30:35 AM
Reply #2970

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
that's a good call, forgot about him (along with Everton & Silva it would seem)

Started games off well but looked a long way of PL physicality for me which is an issue for dm

November 04, 2019, 01:31:24 AM
Reply #2971

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Started games off well but looked a long way of PL physicality for me which is an issue for dm

we may not have a choice :-/

honestly I'm having a hard time thinking about footy right now
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

November 04, 2019, 01:32:44 AM
Reply #2972

kramer0

If Delph is out, we're going to need his pace to cover the space our aggressive press leaves.

Schneiderlin has proven himself useless time and time again in this system.

November 04, 2019, 01:33:28 AM
Reply #2973

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
we may not have a choice :-/

honestly I'm having a hard time thinking about footy right now

Yeah I don’t think he’s without promise technically.

Just think that’s why he hasn’t been given more minutes etc

November 04, 2019, 01:34:30 AM
Reply #2974

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If Delph is out, we're going to need his pace to cover the space our aggressive press leaves.

Schneiderlin has proven himself useless time and time again in this system.

Is he fast?

That was my thoughts when he played. Looked good on the ball but potentially exposed defensively.

Only seen him those games so don’t can’t comment beyond that.

November 04, 2019, 02:46:20 AM
Reply #2975

Lxxx

Taking the Silva injury and that emotion aside....

Binning Iwobi off from his most effective position, again, just further reaffirms that he hasn’t really got an idea of how he wants his team to set up.

I’m all for including Davies but we have a lad who has been instrumental in our two wins in the past few weeks in his favoured position and again he sees fit to move him. Meaning he either doesn’t see what we all see or he’s flailing around from game to game now with no continuity to hopefully get a result.

Either way it doesn’t fill me with confidence that we’ll hit upon a formation and selection and then go on a run, which of course is exactly what we need to do right now.

November 04, 2019, 02:50:40 AM
Reply #2976

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Taking the Silva injury and that emotion aside....

Binning Iwobi off from his most effective position, again, just further reaffirms that he hasn’t really got an idea of how he wants his team to set up.

I’m all for including Davies but we have a lad who has been instrumental in our two wins in the past few weeks in his favoured position and again he sees fit to move him. Meaning he either doesn’t see what we all see or he’s flailing around from game to game now with no continuity to hopefully get a result.

Either way it doesn’t fill me with confidence that we’ll hit upon a formation and selection and then go on a run, which of course is exactly what we need to do right now.

Is it not that he’s just taken into account who we’re playing?

We’re not in a position to just play how we want to regardless.

And I don’t think Iwobi our wide is so outlandish.

I’m sure he’s played the majority of his pl appearances there?

November 04, 2019, 02:57:05 AM
Reply #2977

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber

His time at Arsenal was pretty much split between AM & LW. He plays AM exclusively for Nigeria.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

November 04, 2019, 02:58:47 AM
Reply #2978

Lxxx

When we’re scrabbling round for a performance and some fluidity it’s preferable to put your best players in their most effective positions and then whatever planning you do on top of that for the opposition can only help.

Richarlison up against Aurier would have been a much more productive outlet and Iwobi’s link up play with Walcott and all round energy centrally has been a feature of our last two wins.

This isn’t hindsight as this was discussed all week leading up to the game on here.

November 04, 2019, 03:11:02 AM
Reply #2979

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
When we’re scrabbling round for a performance and some fluidity it’s preferable to put your best players in their most effective positions and then whatever planning you do on top of that for the opposition can only help.

Richarlison up against Aurier would have been a much more productive outlet and Iwobi’s link up play with Walcott and all round energy centrally has been a feature of our last two wins.

This isn’t hindsight as this was discussed all week leading up to the game on here.

But that talk isn’t really taking into account any defensive thinking.

November 04, 2019, 03:26:08 AM
Reply #2980

Lxxx

But that talk isn’t really taking into account any defensive thinking.

He dropped Kean for Holgate so he was clearly thinking about his defensive setup.

Iwobi makes the side tick. It's a pivotal position and with his energy he gets involved in everything good that we have seen from us so far, which has come in the past fortnight.

We're at home against a side struggling for confidence. It's not a massive stretch to think that putting arguably one of your players of the season in his best position in the centre of the park, which incidentally has previously brought out the best in other players like Walcott, is going to give us a better chance of turning in a performance.

You don't agree with that, which is fine. It's just my opinion.

November 04, 2019, 03:31:01 AM
Reply #2981

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He dropped Kean for Holgate so he was clearly thinking about his defensive setup.

Iwobi makes the side tick. It's a pivotal position and with his energy he gets involved in everything good that we have seen from us so far, which has come in the past fortnight.

We're at home against a side struggling for confidence. It's not a massive stretch to think that putting arguably one of your players of the season in his best position in the centre of the park, which incidentally has previously brought out the best in other players like Walcott, is going to give us a better chance of turning in a performance.

You don't agree with that, which is fine. It's just my opinion.

No I don’t disagree that if he’d have done that it would have been a weird decision.

Just don’t think what he did do was weird either.

November 04, 2019, 03:36:54 AM
Reply #2982

UnsyisaRhino

As much as I didnt agree with the Iwobi switch to out wide, I thought davies had a great game and played the type of cutting passes that we've been crying out for.

The one to Walcott just before his substitution was, prior to the goal, pass of the game.

November 04, 2019, 04:14:04 AM
Reply #2983

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Not discounting his mistakes, but fucking hell hes been unlucky.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 04, 2019, 04:30:22 AM
Reply #2984

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not discounting his mistakes, but fucking hell hes been unlucky.

we keep losing games where we've out shot the opposition (xg). Another one today. Horrible horrible luck, horrible individual errors, poor game management.

We need some luck.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.