October 27, 2020, 01:47:59 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 200097 times)

November 04, 2019, 04:39:08 AM
Reply #2985

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
It's the luck that worries me more than the management he's trying to turn things round it's evident but you need the breaks

November 04, 2019, 04:54:43 AM
Reply #2986

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
I get really frustrated at how often, after working hard to win the ball back, we give it away almost immediately with a poor pass. It's not like the passes are risky, so often it's just a simple 5-10 yard pass (like Iwobi today). The upside of that is that most of the errors can be eliminated with some hard work and better concentration.

I do worry about how we will line-up now without both Bernard and Gomes. Iwobi was a waste out wide, him and Digne just did not click. I'd much rather see Richarlison out left and Iwobi playing more central. We should play a center forward as we have 3. Davies has to play.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

November 04, 2019, 05:34:46 AM
Reply #2987

Heisenberg

You had the 433 everyone moaned for today. It works in a defensive sense but as Iv said before we don’t have the attacking players for it. Don’t have the box to box midfielders you need and the wingers aren’t good enough for it. Iwobi our best player potentially at the minute turns into one of our worst when you play him anywhere other than the 10.

Feel sorry for silva. We’ve lost the spine of our team in transfer windows and bad luck with injuries on top of that he can’t catch a break.

November 04, 2019, 05:37:29 AM
Reply #2988

sam of the south

You had the 433 everyone moaned for today. It works in a defensive sense but as Iv said before we don’t have the attacking players for it. Don’t have the box to box midfielders you need and the wingers aren’t good enough for it. Iwobi our best player potentially at the minute turns into one of our worst when you play him anywhere other than the 10.

Feel sorry for silva. We’ve lost the spine of our team in transfer windows and bad luck with injuries on top of that he can’t catch a break.

He should’ve carried on playing Wobes in the 10, then, which would’ve linked Walcott more, then had Richarlison in his best position on the left, and DCL, Tosun, or Kean as the CF.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

November 04, 2019, 05:53:08 AM
Reply #2989

Heisenberg

He should’ve carried on playing Wobes in the 10, then, which would’ve linked Walcott more, then had Richarlison in his best position on the left, and DCL, Tosun, or Kean as the CF.

I agree. At this moment in time ‘433’ wont fix anything. He doesn’t have a lot of options at the minute

November 04, 2019, 05:55:03 AM
Reply #2990

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Had we won the last two games, which in my opinion we should have tbh, we would have been in the top 10 and tied with 6th for points.

Instead we've got 11 points from the first 11 games.

I think we have to win the next two games or  it is going to be a rescue job for someone like Moyes in January.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 04, 2019, 06:45:00 AM
Reply #2991

Ramjam

With all of our injuries what’s our best starting 11 now.

I think

Pickford
Sidibe Holgate Mina Digne
   Davies Iwobi Delph
  Walcott  DCL. Richarlison

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

November 04, 2019, 07:41:11 AM
Reply #2992

ally2

With all of our injuries what’s our best starting 11 now.

I think

Pickford
Sidibe Holgate Mina Digne
   Davies Iwobi Delph
  Walcott  DCL. Richarlison

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Yes that's about it. I would rather put DCL right wing and bring Kean in but I know it would be quite reckless. Could also substitute Sigurdsson for any of the midfield three.

November 04, 2019, 01:06:15 PM
Reply #2993

bluenuck

Had we won the last two games, which in my opinion we should have tbh, we would have been in the top 10 and tied with 6th for points.

The narrative now is it’s all down to luck.  ::)

November 04, 2019, 01:14:32 PM
Reply #2994

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

But when you’ve only played 11 games then bad decisions can have a massive impact.

Leicester have been on the right side of VAR about 4 times this year whereas we haven’t.

Might not be the case at the end of the season of course but as it’s so tight, just non weird VARing would have put us in a massively different position.

You can’t just count the bad things when considering what’s going on.

November 04, 2019, 01:20:15 PM
Reply #2995

bluenuck

But when you’ve only played 11 games then bad decisions can have a massive impact.

Leicester have been on the right side of VAR about 4 times this year whereas we haven’t.

Might not be the case at the end of the season of course but as it’s so tight, just non weird VARing would have put us in a massively different position.

You can’t just count the bad things when considering what’s going on.

You’re not wrong. But Look who we’ve lost to.

It’s unacceptable. I’m not gonna sit here and listen to this unlucky narrative. Brighton, villa.... it’s bullshit.

We got played off the park by Sheffield United at home. There’s nothing unlucky about it. He’s not the man to take us where we want to go.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 01:23:26 PM by bluenuck »

November 04, 2019, 01:25:20 PM
Reply #2996

Gary Todd

I'm beginning to feel a little sorry for silva myself (now I've calmed down) he can't catch a break with injuries and stupid fucking var decisions all going against us think we'd need to bring in a fucking magician with a magic wand to lift our season my expectations and hopes of a top 4/6 finish have evaporated into just hoping we finish top 10 but even that maybe wishful thinking just need to get a run together but can't see that happening any time soon especially with the fixtures after Southampton and Norwich (nothing less than 6 points from these two though)
You had the 433 everyone moaned for today. It works in a defensive sense but as Iv said before we don't have the attacking players for it. Don't have the box to box midfielders you need and the wingers aren't good enough for it. Iwobi our best player potentially at the minute turns into one of our worst when you play him anywhere other than the 10.

Feel sorry for silva. We've lost the spine of our team in transfer windows and bad luck with injuries on top of that he can't catch a break.

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

November 04, 2019, 02:00:35 PM
Reply #2997

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
You’re not wrong. But Look who we’ve lost to.

It’s unacceptable. I’m not gonna sit here and listen to this unlucky narrative. Brighton, villa.... it’s bullshit.

We got played off the park by Sheffield United at home. There’s nothing unlucky about it. He’s not the man to take us where we want to go.

Again not ignoring bad bits or even what ultimate decision may be, but a shift of one or two games would at least be pushing these discussions back.

Just as a side opinion. We didn’t get played off the park by SU at all though. We weren’t good by any stretch but we dominated the game.

November 04, 2019, 02:16:25 PM
Reply #2998

UnsyisaRhino

To be fair, the last two games we've been directly impacted by terrible decisions, it's not like it doesn't play a part.

We've been hash this year but recently their have defo been other factors impacting the final result.

November 04, 2019, 02:18:52 PM
Reply #2999

Macca77

Next 2 games are massive, need to win them both