October 23, 2020, 06:20:06 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 199169 times)

November 04, 2019, 02:21:39 PM
Reply #3000

Gary Todd

We will win the next two if we don't fucking win then we really are deep in shit
Next 2 games are massive, need to win them both

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

November 04, 2019, 02:29:02 PM
Reply #3001

Lxxx

The worrying thing is we’re on a run of terrible luck as well as form to add to poor managerial decisions and players dropping out the squad through injury.

In these circumstances things can snowball and before you know it you’re in a full blown crisis.

Something has to change quite significantly to arrest the run. It might be a new formation, bold selection or a managerial change as we need to pick up points immediately to raise confidence.

November 04, 2019, 03:00:02 PM
Reply #3002

GrantyBoy78

The worrying thing is we're on a run of terrible luck as well as form to add to poor managerial decisions and players dropping out the squad through injury.

In these circumstances things can snowball and before you know it you're in a full blown crisis.

Something has to change quite significantly to arrest the run. It might be a new formation, bold selection or a managerial change as we need to pick up points immediately to raise confidence.
Agreed and compounded by the Gomes injury. I can’t imagine there will be much fun and banter (hate that word) at training today. There’s a cloud over the club right now.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

November 04, 2019, 03:31:25 PM
Reply #3003

Gary Todd

Good post that, We got to hope we win next weekend comfortably and then the same at Norwich do Leicester in the cup and a couple of Var decisions go in our favour then hopefully that would help lift the cloud bring Gbamin in kean gets a goal and the morale improves the little things go a long way when it gets like this.confidence is a drain on performance when it's low but we have the players to get us through and into a respectable but realistic position come the end of the season (wishful thinking) but achievable.
The worrying thing is we're on a run of terrible luck as well as form to add to poor managerial decisions and players dropping out the squad through injury.

In these circumstances things can snowball and before you know it you're in a full blown crisis.

November 04, 2019, 03:33:43 PM
Reply #3004

Gary Todd

Sorry.. we are at home against Norwich even better then
Good post that, We got to hope we win next weekend comfortably and then the same at Norwich do Leicester in the cup and a couple of Var decisions go in our favour then hopefully that would help lift the cloud bring Gbamin in kean gets a goal and the morale improves the little things go a long way when it gets like this.confidence is a drain on performance when it's low but we have the players to get us through and into a respectable but realistic position come the end of the season (wishful thinking) but achievable.

November 04, 2019, 03:52:16 PM
Reply #3005

Paddockoldie

At times tragedy can create strength in people. Our reaction last night was positive. Players like Tosun feeling that bond and empathy is a good sign that the team are together. This might galvanise us?

November 04, 2019, 04:28:27 PM
Reply #3006

ajax_andy

We've basically been robbed of 4 points in the last 2 league games thanks to shitty VAR decisions... Won against West Ham and Watford in league and cup respectively.

It's a shame Silva seems to be cursed at the moment as otherwise we'd all be saying he's turned a corner.

An extra 4 points, won 3 and drawn 1 of the last 4 games would really have helped relieve the pressure on him.

November 04, 2019, 05:14:07 PM
Reply #3007

KoemansNumberTens

Next 2 games are massive, need to win them both

The reality is though that it’s unlikely we’ll win them both. 6/4 at Southampton. Probably about 1/2 to beat Norwich. We’ve about a 25% chance of 6 points. We’ve more chance of being beaten by Southampton than winning both games. We are right in the shit now. If this continues for 2 more games then we have to accept we are in real danger of going down. Anything less than 4pts from the next 2 and the difficult fixtures will probably see us adrift at half way through the season

November 04, 2019, 05:25:49 PM
Reply #3008

dunkster

Watching tactical elements of the game yesterday were particularly painful and an indication of our one dimensional thinking.
How many times did we get ourselves into decent opportunities down the left in first half with both digne and iwobi together into the final third of pitch? Loads.
How many times did either player achieve nothing more than to play it back to Delph? Loads.
How many times did Delph then turn and hit it all the way back into our own half to the defenders? Loads.
We are Clueless when we get to the final third. Other teams would look to play a little low diagonal into the feet of a striker on the corner of the penalty box with the option of iwobi keeping a run down the left going, an attacking midfielder pushed up centrally to receive a layoff etc. Etc.
We just seem so bloody clueless. The only couple of times we got around them were a couple of cute through balls from Davis and gomez that allowed Walcott to get to the byline and do something with it. (both times he made a hash of it, but at least its in the danger area)

[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

November 04, 2019, 05:26:17 PM
Reply #3009

Lxxx

On the positive side, if there is one, you'd like to think Davies will now get more game time if we're running on a skeleton midfield as a pairing of Delph and Schneiderlin is too gruesome to contemplate.

November 04, 2019, 05:32:10 PM
Reply #3010

Macca77

On the positive side, if there is one, you'd like to think Davies will now get more game time if we're running on a skeleton midfield as a pairing of Delph and Schneiderlin is too gruesome to contemplate.

Delph and Schneiderlin is frightening

November 04, 2019, 05:37:31 PM
Reply #3011

TheTone

Looking forward to the December games me , away to the shite is an obvious worry but wouldn't surprise me if we got a draw there

Home to Arsenal and Chelsea, away to Man Utd, we'll still be in those games too, all those teams will want to play attacking football and we generally arnt too bad when there's more space in a game

November 04, 2019, 05:48:52 PM
Reply #3012

Macca77

Just read Silva's after match interview, just accepts the VAR decisions, shrugs them off.  Forgive me if I'm over reacting here, but why isn't he ranting about it, VAR has robbed us two weeks on the bounce now, he should be telling everyone that it's fucking not on, calling the FA out over it, won't make a difference to the results I know but at least show how pissed off you are ffs

November 04, 2019, 05:59:26 PM
Reply #3013

GrantyBoy78

Just read Silva's after match interview, just accepts the VAR decisions, shrugs them off.  Forgive me if I'm over reacting here, but why isn't he ranting about it, VAR has robbed us two weeks on the bounce now, he should be telling everyone that it's fucking not on, calling the FA out over it, won't make a difference to the results I know but at least show how pissed off you are ffs
Imagine how Fergie would’ve reacted? It’s not just Silva though - the club should be pushing this. Get Brands in front of the camera, too. Put something on the club website and social media along the lines of “in light of recent unfavourable VAR decisions, the club will be seeking advice and assurances from the FA”. That appeases the fans somewhat and puts pressure on the FA.

November 04, 2019, 06:15:23 PM
Reply #3014

Macca77

Imagine how Fergie would’ve reacted? It’s not just Silva though - the club should be pushing this. Get Brands in front of the camera, too. Put something on the club website and social media along the lines of “in light of recent unfavourable VAR decisions, the club will be seeking advice and assurances from the FA”. That appeases the fans somewhat and puts pressure on the FA.

Yep, instead of just accepting it, won't happen though, we're far to nice for shit like that.