December 03, 2020, 07:42:58 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 210456 times)

August 24, 2019, 08:06:50 PM
Read 210456 times

Ravardo

The brave decision on Gomes would have been to say thanks but no thanks. He really just elegantly does nothing. Decent buy at the price but not really good enough

I dont see that myself he had more good games last season than he did bad, he's able to retain the ball and pass it,, but due to tactics only sideways or backwards, he was cheap enough and technically already bedded in,, weve took a risk signing gbamin as gana's replacement and we couldnt do the same with gomez,, shame we didnt get dacoure or someone as good to replace i prees fresh air sniders

August 24, 2019, 09:05:56 PM
Reply #1

Ravardo

We can’t just blame the tactics. Gomes had similar issues at Barcelona they aren’t a bad attacking team. He’s limited. Be fine alongside gueye and a quality playmaker. We lost gueye and sigurdsson is hide and seek champion

You say we cant keep blaming tactics but in the first half we had just 16% play through the middle compared to 43% bernards side and 40% colemans and then in the second half it upped to 21% and 35% bernards and 43% colemans and its the same every game

September 02, 2019, 01:01:07 AM
Reply #2

Ravardo

Think its a new tweak seems to have come about maybe end of villa game / midweek?

Sigurdsson is pulling deeper or wider rather than standing on the edge of the box.

Not sure what's allowing him to do it structurally or if he's just doing it, but it worked well today I think.

I think part of siggs standing around the box area is because dcl is good in the air and he's always looking for knock downs and since dcl hasnt played he would look even more useless there so has to come deeper

September 22, 2019, 12:41:48 AM
Reply #3

Ravardo

October 07, 2019, 10:25:16 PM
Reply #4

Ravardo

Top of the league again for being scored against with set pieces and now weve lost more games than weve won under silva :titanic:

October 13, 2019, 01:14:57 AM
Reply #5

Ravardo

Im still gutted about barkley to be honest,, i would love to see him in middle of our midfield a player who is actually capable of passing the ball forwards although i cant see why our mids dont actually do that anyway bar tactically,,,another player weve not replaced

October 16, 2019, 09:13:38 PM
Reply #6

Ravardo

Defensive midfielders that dont defend seems a bit harsh schneiderlins amazing at defending fresh air and when we lose the ball he always runs away from the ball and takes position as a defender,,,every report like these always picks schneiderlin as our weak spot,, the other week it was he lets our high press down by pressing fresh air which allows them to attack us...how the fuck is this twat still playing

October 28, 2019, 03:39:23 AM
Reply #7

Ravardo

Time to throw Kean in surely, and Richarlison back on the left where he’s best

Kean
Richy Iwobi Walcott
     Gomes Davies
Digne Mina Keane Sidibe
         Pickford

Dont mind that but i dont see why dcl isnt up front he's scored 5 goals in his last 5 hasnt he