October 27, 2020, 09:46:14 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 200176 times)

September 24, 2019, 04:33:48 AM
Reply #2295

bluenuck

Micheal Cox in the athletic arguing Iwobi is being badly utilised by Marco Silva.

Well join the fuckin' queue.

Was gonna paste that article as well. lol

September 24, 2019, 04:58:31 AM
Reply #2296

Trowel

www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

September 24, 2019, 05:44:39 AM
Reply #2297

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The case for 4222

https://toffeetargets.com/should-everton-change-formations-a-breakdown-of-the-4-2-2-2/

Some odd statements in here but broadly I agree, would be in interesting formation for us.

Wouldn't hate Richarlison in the poacher alongside DCL, Kean and Iwobi providing threat and running from deeper AM positions.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 24, 2019, 05:45:25 AM
Reply #2298

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Too soon to be making that kind of judgement imo.

I think we’ll see him centrally soon.

Haven't read the article tbh but I imagine he is just saying that - let's see him centrally and if so I would strongly agree.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 24, 2019, 05:59:33 AM
Reply #2299

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Feel like I'm spamming sorry but phwoar, Heat is on no doubt about it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/09/23/marco-silva-unhappy-everton-players-hiding-side-prepares-crucial/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

"The biggest of those appears to be the mental fatigue some players are feeling as a result of his long, tactical training sessions and ­preference for his squad to stay in a hotel before all games.

There is also a sense that he is failing to inspire his team and dwells on bad results for too long, rather than quickly lifting his ­players...

Individuals have become bored during set-piece practice and switched off to the instructions they are being given. Those not ­directly involved have to hang around and can lose concentration.

Silva likes to keep his players at the training ground for long periods, but groups of them are used to more intense sessions under past managers or at former clubs."

I really am not looking forward to us entering transition again but stories like these are precursors to losing the dressing room if we are being honest.

September 24, 2019, 06:41:02 AM
Reply #2300

eyesalwaysblue

What the fuck could a Silva "tactical" training session have in it to take so long..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 24, 2019, 06:52:51 AM
Reply #2301

Ramjam

What the fuck could a Silva "tactical" training session have in it to take so long..
No one gets to go home until Semaus gets a proper cross in

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

September 24, 2019, 07:05:25 AM
Reply #2302

Heisenberg

I proper wasn’t keen on that Iwobi signing at all when we made it. The more I think about it the less it makes sense for me. 2 better players on the left than him. And Silva fancies Gyilfi in he centre. It all feels abit like too many cooks in the kitchen to me, would love to know who’s behind this. The one thing Silva was 100% sure On was needing a centre back.

All feels abit of a mess at the minute and nothing we do seems to turn good
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 07:27:07 AM by Heisenberg »

September 24, 2019, 07:33:39 AM
Reply #2303

Heisenberg

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/09/23/marco-silva-unhappy-everton-players-hiding-side-prepares-crucial/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

"The biggest of those appears to be the mental fatigue some players are feeling as a result of his long, tactical training sessions and ­preference for his squad to stay in a hotel before all games.

There is also a sense that he is failing to inspire his team and dwells on bad results for too long, rather than quickly lifting his ­players...

Individuals have become bored during set-piece practice and switched off to the instructions they are being given. Those not ­directly involved have to hang around and can lose concentration.

Silva likes to keep his players at the training ground for long periods, but groups of them are used to more intense sessions under past managers or at former clubs."

I really am not looking forward to us entering transition again but stories like these are precursors to losing the dressing room if we are being honest.

All I’m taking from this is that we still have that really mentally weak team we’ve had as long as I can’t remember. I’d accept the unmotivated type arguments if we was at a reasonable level which closely resembled the players ability. But the quality of them players should be finishing 7-8th. Performing like players who from a team 15-17th. They’re not even playing for themselves never mind the team. Nobody ever steps up for Everton it’s pretty sad.

The post defeat Liverpool echo rallies by jags and Coleman are just template copy and pastes. Heads down when things go bad every time taking no responsibility on and off the pitch. It’s the opposite of what they was complaining about when they down tooled for koeman

Edit: may not of been Koeman. Could of been Allardyce or Martinez didn’t practice set pieces I don’t remember which one it was
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 07:36:19 AM by Heisenberg »

September 24, 2019, 02:54:31 PM
Reply #2304

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Matt law lads.

Everything written by him in relation to Everton should be questioned.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 24, 2019, 03:32:16 PM
Reply #2305

Dr. Sponge

All I'm taking from this is that we still have that really mentally weak team we've had as long as I can't remember. I'd accept the unmotivated type arguments if we was at a reasonable level which closely resembled the players ability. But the quality of them players should be finishing 7-8th. Performing like players who from a team 15-17th. They're not even playing for themselves never mind the team. Nobody ever steps up for Everton it's pretty sad.

The post defeat Liverpool echo rallies by jags and Coleman are just template copy and pastes. Heads down when things go bad every time taking no responsibility on and off the pitch. It's the opposite of what they was complaining about when they down tooled for koeman

Edit: may not of been Koeman. Could of been Allardyce or Martinez didn't practice set pieces I don't remember which one it was
It was Martinez. Supposedly anyway.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 24, 2019, 04:08:48 PM
Reply #2306

sam of the south

The case for 4222

https://toffeetargets.com/should-everton-change-formations-a-breakdown-of-the-4-2-2-2/

Some odd statements in here but broadly I agree, would be in interesting formation for us.

Wouldn't hate Richarlison in the poacher alongside DCL, Kean and Iwobi providing threat and running from deeper AM positions.

Spurs have played this formation particularly well over recent seasons
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

September 24, 2019, 04:10:23 PM
Reply #2307

Macca77

Matt law lads.

Everything written by him in relation to Everton should be questioned.

Correct

September 24, 2019, 05:53:54 PM
Reply #2308

gizzblue

Check out Law's alleged sources ....ex players and people at the club ....no names or nothing ,sounds like a mostly fabricated story tbh.
Born not made a blue .

September 24, 2019, 07:01:41 PM
Reply #2309

Waltzer

Check out Law's alleged sources ....ex players and people at the club ....no names or nothing ,sounds like a mostly fabricated story tbh.

You tend not to keep sources if you hang them out to dry at the first opportunity!!