January 23, 2021, 01:42:52 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 226060 times)

October 02, 2019, 08:22:30 PM
Reply #2520

Juanito

Id like to see

Pickford
Sidibe  Keane Mina  Digne
       Gomes Gbamin
 Richarlison  Iwobi  Bernard
               Kean

This looks exciting.  Add Zouma in there at CB and we have a side to challenge.

October 02, 2019, 09:16:22 PM
Reply #2521

Lxxx

No hole to go down, just saying..thehre slightly above were slightly below.

They are better than us like but I think if we got ourselves sorted we'd be up there oirsbes, especially considering the games we've had.

Re : boring / predictability to watch etc. Not really sure what the question is, but I imagine if the team starts racking up lots and lots of high quality chances we will enjoy it more and that will show in the stats.

Apologies I know that's not why a lot of us are here but it was pertinent and probably will remain so whenever we discuss performance to be honest.

Wasn't having a pop about xg, I can see the benefit of the stats and it probably does broadly give a fair representation of where we are at.

I was just making the point that even if we did create maybe another few decent chances a game and the xg saw an uptick the likelihood is it wouldn't be from suddenly starting to play more attractive, expansive football, as we aren't seeing any evidence that we're heading in that direction. More likely it's because one of our front players has picked up a temporary bit of form or we've played a few teams that have come at us.

I just don't see that he's taking us forwards. We might not necessarily be regressing but we're not moving in the direction everyone around the club was expecting.

October 02, 2019, 09:28:06 PM
Reply #2522

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If he finds a way to breakdown stubborn sides and to control games better then I'd be very confident.

I'm just not sure if he can do either of those things.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 02, 2019, 09:42:13 PM
Reply #2523

Lxxx

If we hadn't spent the money we have or we didn't have the ambition we now posses then it wouldn't be that much of a issue.

He's a middle of the road manager who will probably achieve that in every season with us, if we let him carry on. We're at the bottom now but the mean for him is about 8th-10th and that's about where we'll finish at the end of the season.

It's just that everything is very average. The style, the tactics, the enjoyment factor... If we're happy to just exist then he'll do fine. If we want more people to get on board with where we're going ahead of a big ground move he's not going to generate the required level of interest and passion. On or off the pitch.

October 02, 2019, 09:42:35 PM
Reply #2524

kerryblue boy

I thought we were all set to sign a left footed right winger as we had Richarlison and Bernard on the left.

I would like to see players who can keep hold of the ball a bit more and I think we will improve after the break with Gomes back and possibly Gbamin, too. Perhaps our board will give him time until then too.

I would like to see;

Pickford
    Gomes Gbmain Delph
  Richarlison Kean  Iwobi

Or

Kean  DCL Richarlison

As the front three at home against sides we should be beating who sit back.
Why bin Coleman off he has been good lately not our most pressing issue at all

October 03, 2019, 02:35:32 AM
Reply #2525

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
Id like to see

Pickford
       Gomes Gbamin
 Richarlison  Iwobi  Bernard
               Kean

I would just switch Richarlison and Bernard round.

I know we'd lose a bit of link up between Digne and Bernard that has looked tasty from time to time - but I can't help but feel Richarlison looks dangerous on the left but toothless on the right.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 03, 2019, 03:50:21 AM
Reply #2526

Juanito

Why bin Coleman off he has been good lately not our most pressing issue at all

It’s tough at the top, mate.

October 03, 2019, 02:40:09 PM
Reply #2527

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 03, 2019, 03:01:32 PM
Reply #2528

sam of the south

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

October 03, 2019, 03:22:27 PM
Reply #2529

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/marco-silva-everton-training-ground-17017819

Interesting this.

I’m. Or saying there is or isn’t something in this, but to make a change like this suggests (maybe just to me) that he’s suspicious about something. He’s saying he isn’t, but why bother fixing anything if it ain’t broken?

October 03, 2019, 05:02:52 PM
Reply #2530

Shogun

Administrator
He’s definitely spotted Bielsa
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

October 03, 2019, 06:58:10 PM
Reply #2531

Free Agent

Can someone give the gist of the article. I don’t want to click on an echo link as it’s like deliberately getting herpes...

October 03, 2019, 07:10:25 PM
Reply #2532

Macca77

Really struggling understand the reasoning in this

October 03, 2019, 07:52:47 PM
Reply #2533

sam of the south

Really struggling understand the reasoning in this

Yeah, it’s not like anyone needs to spy on us to know our tactics
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

October 03, 2019, 07:54:12 PM
Reply #2534

van der Meyde

If he finds a way to breakdown stubborn sides and to control games better then I'd be very confident.

I'm just not sure if he can do either of those things.
Just breaking down stubborn sides would do me...