October 26, 2020, 01:21:55 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 199799 times)

October 05, 2019, 11:28:09 PM
Reply #2580

Mac934

Unsworth no, been there done that, didn't work.
Mikel no, no managerial experience, unknown factor.
Moyes fuck sake! No
Ferguson no. If his coaching of our centre forwards is anything to go by.
Mourinho no, imagine his salary and pay off after it turns to shit again!

Who is available that could/would come here, and not as caretaker?

Pochettino? Dream on.

October 05, 2019, 11:30:30 PM
Reply #2581

Waltzer

Kevin Kilbane fact _ Premier sides under Silva have conceeded 44 goals in 87 matches from set pieces.

So that tells me its the manager and his defensive back room staff ,which he brought with him, that are at fault and have to go.
Also said on the radio that his teams have something like 13 or 14 reds in 100 games, which is miles more than antics weeks

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

October 05, 2019, 11:34:11 PM
Reply #2582

sam of the south

Also said on the radio that his teams have something like 13 or 14 reds in 100 games, which is miles more than antics weeks

Yeah, it’s mad.

I think a lot of our reds have been through a mixture of frustration and because Silva’s ‘style’ leaves us open to being broken on.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

October 05, 2019, 11:39:52 PM
Reply #2583

kramer0

Arteta has the coaching background to improve our build-up play and attacking movement, which is the main thing we lack at the moment.

Brands handles recruitment anyway so lack of "managerial" experience not such a big deal.

October 05, 2019, 11:42:26 PM
Reply #2584

Heisenberg

I always find the Arteta stuff weird. How’s anyone attributing anything that happens at city to him. Even guardiola would fail without mega money, never mind his assistant with no managerial experience

October 05, 2019, 11:45:34 PM
Reply #2585

Waltzer

I always find the Arteta stuff weird. How's anyone attributing anything that happens at city to him. Even guardiola would fail without mega money, never mind his assistant with no managerial experience
I get what you're saying to a point, but all the talk when he was doing his badges was he was head and shoulders above anyone else, now that doesn't mean it'll transfer into a good manager. But a lot of well informed people seem to think he's the dogs

October 06, 2019, 12:00:02 AM
Reply #2586

dazfrancis

I always find the Arteta stuff weird. How’s anyone attributing anything that happens at city to him. Even guardiola would fail without mega money, never mind his assistant with no managerial experience

I think it's due to a lot of City players citing him as having a positive impact on their game

October 06, 2019, 12:01:33 AM
Reply #2587

toshyboy

I think it's due to a lot of City players citing him as having a positive impact on their game

Yup, guardiola says himself the big improvement on sterling over last 2/3 years  is down to arteta

October 06, 2019, 12:02:45 AM
Reply #2588

Heisenberg

Again though that’s easy to say when things are going well and you’re working for the most expensive team ever assembled. If things started going bad, would Arteta share the blame? Definitely not

October 06, 2019, 12:03:31 AM
Reply #2589

dazfrancis

Do you the senior people at the club speak to the manager and tell him he needs t switch it up?

I'm not sure how it works exactly at a top level club but it seems like their footballing decisions are not questioned from those inside the club until the day they are sacked.

Surely the Brands or the board can see what we're seeing and tell him that they way he sets the team up has not been producing the performances or results we've wanted for about 18 months now.

October 06, 2019, 12:05:03 AM
Reply #2590

Waltzer

Do you the senior people at the club speak to the manager and tell him he needs t switch it up?

I'm not sure how it works exactly at a top level club but it seems like their footballing decisions are not questioned from those inside the club until the day they are sacked.

Surely the Brands or the board can see what we're seeing and tell him that they way he sets the team up has not been producing the performances or results we've wanted for about 18 months now.
My views would be if they feel the need to tell him then he's not the man that should be in charge

October 06, 2019, 12:05:19 AM
Reply #2591

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
100% see us going with Moyes to the end of the season.

I'd be done with us at that point.

I would be at refusing to come down from the roof of finch farm levels of raving madness.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 06, 2019, 12:08:43 AM
Reply #2592

Lxxx

My views would be if they feel the need to tell him then he's not the man that should be in charge

Valid point but that's what you have a Director of Football for. You'd imagine it's healthy to have frequent dialogue between the board and the manager, with Brands the conduit.

October 06, 2019, 12:10:51 AM
Reply #2593

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
100% see us going with Moyes to the end of the season.

I'd be done with us at that point.

There would be fucking riots !
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

October 06, 2019, 12:10:58 AM
Reply #2594

Waltzer

Valid point but that's what you have a Director of Football for. You'd imagine it's healthy to have frequent dialogue between the board and the manager, with Brands the conduit.
Yes, but that's different than telling him what to do. You'd like to think that dialogue does happen regardless of results, but if the management feel the need to tell him what to do, then it's a lost cause