January 23, 2021, 01:24:09 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 226058 times)

October 06, 2019, 03:31:25 AM
Reply #2625

Mayor Farnum

Surely the opposite is true. If you go for someone you believe in you give them time. If you make a wild punt you quickly move onto the next 1 when it’s turning to shit

Well if we believe in our original decision we have to concede that we can't impose targets because we have no idea what the manager can offer. So if we think he's worth a three year contract we have to let him see it through.

Of course the sensible decision would not to get caught up in hype and convince ourselves that ten games at Hull is enough to commit three years football and six transfer windows.

But I don't see why Marco has to pay the penalty for more mis-management.
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

October 06, 2019, 03:55:19 AM
Reply #2626

KoemansNumberTens

Well if we believe in our original decision we have to concede that we can't impose targets because we have no idea what the manager can offer. So if we think he's worth a three year contract we have to let him see it through.

Of course the sensible decision would not to get caught up in hype and convince ourselves that ten games at Hull is enough to commit three years football and six transfer windows.

But I don't see why Marco has to pay the penalty for more mis-management.

He wouldn’t actually be paying the penalty. His contract would be paid up. We are paying the penalty as always.

October 06, 2019, 09:49:51 AM
Reply #2627

bluenuck

There’s only 2 things saving him right now.

We’ve only played 8 games. And the last thing Everton want to do is sack yet another manager. It would make 4 in basically 4 years.

October 06, 2019, 01:36:30 PM
Reply #2628

stirlingblue

The only upside to this shite season is the memes

October 06, 2019, 02:48:00 PM
Reply #2629

Lxxx

Watching Match of the Day and seeing teams like Brighton change their formation and work on innovative tactical tweaks to win games convincingly.

Whereas we play the same formation, same tactics, same players, same results, week in week out.

Should we really be expected to put up with this from a highly paid manager at the top level?

October 06, 2019, 03:06:10 PM
Reply #2630

dazfrancis

That period in between Coleman being sent off and their goal seemed to be when we were most threatening.

It's like the players just had to throw Silva's instructions out the  window and just play their own natural game

October 06, 2019, 03:08:27 PM
Reply #2631

jongre123

That period in between Coleman being sent off and their goal seemed to be when we were most threatening.

It's like the players just had to throw Silva's instructions out the  window and just play their own natural game

That or the fact we took Gylfi off.

October 06, 2019, 03:18:07 PM
Reply #2632

Lxxx

Michael Keane seeing their player free for the goal but instead of moving from his zonal position to deal with it just pointed at him and let him score anyway.

This set piece record under Silva is the stuff of Sunday league sides.

October 06, 2019, 03:22:39 PM
Reply #2633

dazfrancis

That or the fact we took Gylfi off.

Probably both

October 06, 2019, 03:29:15 PM
Reply #2634

KoemansNumberTens

Michael Keane seeing their player free for the goal but instead of moving from his zonal position to deal with it just pointed at him and let him score anyway.

How bad is it compared to everyone else. We are conceding 1 set piece goal every 2 games. How much worse than average is that

October 06, 2019, 04:22:38 PM
Reply #2635

Redartin

What do we think of the new Gaffer’s tactics?

All the talk has been of a 433, but today it was more like 442 or 4411, with Sigurdson as the support striker behind Tosun.

Richarlison and Walcott looked like old style wingers.

Schneiderlin and Gueye were both very deep at times.

Obviously it all changed after the red card.
They way Sigurdsson played off Tosun is how I coyld see Bernard playing, so thats good to see its a system he wants to play whatever.

Think it'll be more 4-3-3 next week at home though.
I think he’s a smart manager who will adapt his tactics and formation based on the personnel available, the strength of the opposition and where we’re playing.

Couldn’t play his usual 4-3-3 with that midfield or two slow centre backs so he played what was best for the team away from home and it should have got us three points if the ref hadn’t shit his pants.
Yep. I think you mentioned earlier, I fear for Gueye as I think Schneiderlin better suits how Silva wants to play, and is far better on the ball with a greater passing range. Against lesser sides I don't think we need Gueye 'the destroyer', but that's not to say he won't have a big part to play this season. 
I just clicked on this thread and entered on page 1, l read these first few comments from way back, have to say they made me laugh.

P.s l am not getting at anyone l quoted, it was obviously the feeling at that time. Just highlighting how times have changed, or didn't.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 04:24:30 PM by Redartin »

October 06, 2019, 04:25:39 PM
Reply #2636

Fynci

Watching Match of the Day and seeing teams like Brighton change their formation and work on innovative tactical tweaks to win games convincingly.

Whereas we play the same formation, same tactics, same players, same results, week in week out.

Should we really be expected to put up with this from a highly paid manager at the top level?

If Potter was still at Swansea, then he'd have been one I'd have been looking at. He can change things during the game, and his players seem to know what they are doing regardless of the setup. We have one predictable formation with zero goal threat.

October 06, 2019, 04:45:32 PM
Reply #2637

kerryblue boy

Zonal marking is a joke picture yourself as a central defender marking space six yards out and a guy like Harry maguire or van dyke getting a run on you a standing jump won’t beat those guys it has to be scrapped our center halves should just pick up the opposite ones when they come forward

October 06, 2019, 05:08:16 PM
Reply #2638

Rodenplav64

Hopefully this conversation is had

Mr Moshiri " Listen Marcel I haven't got a fucking clue , are you any good at picking Managers ? "

October 06, 2019, 05:23:13 PM
Reply #2639

KoemansNumberTens

Hopefully this conversation is had

Mr Moshiri " Listen Marcel I haven't got a fucking clue , are you any good at picking Managers ? "

What happens when brands says me neither I was onboard with silva and look at the mess I’ve made of signing a striker and centre half this summer?? Ask kenwright if he still has Moyes number?? I wouldn’t trust any of them