January 25, 2021, 10:14:17 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 226525 times)

October 07, 2019, 12:54:36 AM
Reply #2685

sam of the south

How long is his contract ? What’s the cost of paying him off ?

Cost of not paying him off could be relegation
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 01:05:07 AM by sam of the south »
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

October 07, 2019, 01:02:00 AM
Reply #2686

Waltzer

Think he's got less than 2 years left, he only signed for 3 years when we appointed him

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

October 07, 2019, 01:03:12 AM
Reply #2687

BlueForYou

Bottom three with "easy" fixtures

Dreading December yet?
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 07, 2019, 01:03:21 AM
Reply #2688

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
No cost of not paying him off could be relegation

Wonder which of the pundits will be first to say “they’re too good to be relegated” ...or ..will anybody say it this time round ?

October 07, 2019, 01:06:15 AM
Reply #2689

penguinofdoom1878

Contracted to 30/06/2021

not sure what he's on £3m a year? So around £5.5m to pay him off

October 07, 2019, 01:07:13 AM
Reply #2690

sam of the south

Wonder which of the pundits will be first to say “they’re too good to be relegated” ...or ..will anybody say it this time round ?

When it comes to the quality of our individual players we shouldn’t be in much danger at all, but if he stays on I wouldn’t be surprised to see us bottom going into 2020.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

October 07, 2019, 01:11:59 AM
Reply #2691

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Contracted to 30/06/2021

not sure what he's on £3m a year? So around £5.5m to pay him off

So that’s about the same money as the difference of between two positions on the league, no brainier really isn’t it.

October 07, 2019, 01:13:17 AM
Reply #2692

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
So 9mil to sack him off after paying Watford 2mil compo ? another 11mil mistake.

Well! If you don't try them you'll never know, seems to be our motto. I was up for Silva managing us. My second choice after Benitez. Yeah, I was the one who voted for Benitez in the poll. I don't know what to think about it anymore. Four managers and Unsworth since Moyes, is a lot of different methods and ideas at our club. And all in less than 6 years. I don't like being in the bottom 3. If the board are sharpening their knives? That's fair enough with me.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 01:28:44 AM by pjk »
As Tacitus said: "To plunder, butcher, steal, these things they misname empire: they make a desolation and they call it peace."

October 07, 2019, 01:17:54 AM
Reply #2693

eyesalwaysblue

we're in it up to necks, the most joyless time to be a blue..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 07, 2019, 01:23:15 AM
Reply #2694

Mayor Farnum

We've got a goal-scoring problem to solve. That will take a few million if we're still in trouble in January.
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

October 07, 2019, 01:23:42 AM
Reply #2695

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Said this elsewhere but firstly we will fly up the table once we get sorted with another coach. Even playing as poorly as we are, we should have more points than we have and we have plenty of individual quality.

But secondly I have to say, if we don't put some real points on the board before December then we are going to start sweating. If we are anywhere near the bottom 3 going into December you could see the sort of panicked free fall that kills you and leaves you looking at a huge mountain to climb.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 07, 2019, 01:24:48 AM
Reply #2696

Lazarou

After all we have spent under the Moshiri lottery winner bonanza, sacking Silva and paying him off shouldn't be a concern.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Britain - Home of The Turd Reich

October 07, 2019, 01:25:29 AM
Reply #2697

KoemansNumberTens

So 9mil to sack him off after paying Watford 2mil compo ? another 11mil mistake.

He's half way through so about 5m of the 9 as he's already had the rest

October 07, 2019, 01:48:28 AM
Reply #2698

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Dogs of War saying meeting about silva next week. Definitely staying for the west ham game.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 07, 2019, 01:52:03 AM
Reply #2699

sam of the south

Dogs of War saying meeting about silva next week. Definitely staying for the west ham game.

Great
Henry David Thoreau