November 29, 2020, 01:22:53 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 209389 times)

October 30, 2019, 03:53:11 AM
Reply #2925

Shogun

Administrator
Don't think this game has any indication of him staying or going really.

Watford really are that shite.

I don't see him still being here for the QF like.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

October 30, 2019, 03:56:48 AM
Reply #2926

Cozzie

I think I have cracked it.

We basically need to play a team beginning with W at home.

Now how many of them are in the league....ah bollocks.

October 30, 2019, 05:21:57 AM
Reply #2927

Mayor Farnum

More steps in the right direction. Scored twice, hit the woodwork twice, clean sheet and their only shot was from about 25 yards.

People tuning in to their streams expecting to see us flick the form switch on are never going to be satisfied with any manager and will be constantly calling for change.
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

October 30, 2019, 05:23:36 AM
Reply #2928

Shogun

Administrator
I still don't really get it though.

Like there were points in the first half where Mina, Holgate and Delph were just passing it across the half way line for significant periods.

I'm not expecting us to be as good as City but when they have possession like that, it's about 30 yards further up the pitch.

what is the former hoping to achieve?

October 30, 2019, 05:31:49 AM
Reply #2929

Macca77

Devoid of ideas, half a dozen passes between our back 4, forward pass, then back again, it's horrible to watch

October 30, 2019, 05:37:42 AM
Reply #2930

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Think people are overplaying how bad we were tbh.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 30, 2019, 05:39:33 AM
Reply #2931

Shogun

Administrator

Sky's highlights start in the second half

October 30, 2019, 06:55:34 AM
Reply #2932

GrantyBoy78

Tbf mate, you’ve gone a bit Comical Ali regarding Silva.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

October 30, 2019, 12:29:17 PM
Reply #2933

KoemansNumberTens

More steps in the right direction. Scored twice, hit the woodwork twice, clean sheet and their only shot was from about 25 yards.

People tuning in to their streams expecting to see us flick the form switch on are never going to be satisfied with any manager and will be constantly calling for change.

Such an unfair thing to say. Didn’t watch last night but people aren’t so much unhappy with the performance than not sucked in by 1 decent result

As for more steps in the right direction?? To go along with what? We lost on Saturday in typical fashion

We are 4th-5th bottom. Everyone has a right to be unhappy. Saying they’ll never be happy is ridiculous. It’s not our fault silva has a lot to prove. The results and performances here have made it that way. He loses Sunday he has to go but that’s a situation of his making not unrealistic supporters

October 30, 2019, 12:56:29 PM
Reply #2934

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I still don't really get it though.

Like there were points in the first half where Mina, Holgate and Delph were just passing it across the half way line for significant periods.

I'm not expecting us to be as good as City but when they have possession like that, it's about 30 yards further up the pitch.

what is the former hoping to achieve?

I’d guess that’s probably because most teams vs city drop back immediately allowing them to walk up to the half way line and beyond.

October 30, 2019, 01:04:00 PM
Reply #2935

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Such an unfair thing to say. Didn’t watch last night but people aren’t so much unhappy with the performance than not sucked in by 1 decent result

As for more steps in the right direction?? To go along with what? We lost on Saturday in typical fashion

We are 4th-5th bottom. Everyone has a right to be unhappy. Saying they’ll never be happy is ridiculous. It’s not our fault silva has a lot to prove. The results and performances here have made it that way. He loses Sunday he has to go but that’s a situation of his making not unrealistic supporters

I think the point they were trying to make was that if you’ve been struggling (as we all can see) you’re not likely, when you’re starting to turn things around, to just flip into your very best form.

Therefore that means in these games when you’re (hopefully) turning things round there will still be quite a lot of bad bits.

If you’re being positive about turning things round then you’d look at the last two home games and think that we’ve scored four (and could have been more in either game) without barely registering a chance against in either.

Away we lost but we scored two (when previously been struggling in general to score) and lost due to a free kick, weird penalty and an own goal. Things that might not be repeated every week, so if we can repeat our bits more often we will win some away games.

Obviously whether these are shoots of something better long term or just some better results in the short term will only be seen in time.

October 30, 2019, 01:26:25 PM
Reply #2936

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Tbf mate, you’ve gone a bit Comical Ali regarding Silva.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

How?

I’m just putting another slant on things. By no means am I saying he’s doing a good job.

Not even saying we played well last night but I’ve seen us play a lot worse as well.

Just a cup game where we’re low on confidence after the weekend.

October 30, 2019, 01:39:54 PM
Reply #2937

Paddockoldie

A better team than Watford and we'd be out. If that's Marco's response to poor football then he's in trouble and so are we. I really want him to succeed but his side reflects him imo... Puppy eyed and lacking fight

October 30, 2019, 01:47:07 PM
Reply #2938

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
A better team than Watford and we'd be out. If that's Marco's response to poor football then he's in trouble and so are we. I really want him to succeed but his side reflects him imo... Puppy eyed and lacking fight

Won 2-0, hit the bar twice, had one cleared off the line and I don’t recall Pickford making any saves.

Really wasn’t that bad. We would’ve all took that before the game.

Can go into spurs now with the cloud lifted somewhat.

October 30, 2019, 01:51:34 PM
Reply #2939

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Won 2-0, hit the bar twice, had one cleared off the line and I don’t recall Pickford making any saves.

Really wasn’t that bad. We would’ve all took that before the game.

Can go into spurs now with the cloud lifted somewhat.

I can get on board with this a bit I think.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.