October 23, 2020, 06:49:32 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 199194 times)

October 30, 2019, 02:00:34 PM
Reply #2940

Paddockoldie

Won 2-0, hit the bar twice, had one cleared off the line and I don’t recall Pickford making any saves.

Really wasn’t that bad. We would’ve all took that before the game.

Can go into spurs now with the cloud lifted somewhat.

Let's hope our clouds have a Silva lining. We'll be back to square one when they wreck us, but that won't be all his fault. Our players need to talk on thd pitch not to the Echo.

October 30, 2019, 02:04:28 PM
Reply #2941

indiantoffee1975

Could and should have really been 3 wins on the spin. People looked at the three games as key to Silva staying after the Burnley defeat and potentially with a bizaare penalty decision given you'd have to say he's delivered. If Silva has turned a corner we will know alot more in the next two games.

Lose to Southampton and I would think that's him finished.

October 30, 2019, 04:27:30 PM
Reply #2942

dazfrancis

The last 3 games have summed up up Silva's Everton in a nutshell. Some turgid football, some really bad luck, players losing their heads and players putting in a shift and playing some decent football when his job is on the line.

October 30, 2019, 04:39:33 PM
Reply #2943

KoemansNumberTens

Won 2-0, hit the bar twice, had one cleared off the line and I don’t recall Pickford making any saves.

Really wasn’t that bad. We would’ve all took that before the game.

Can go into spurs now with the cloud lifted somewhat.

Agree about the cloud lifting somewhat. The problem is though that his position is so bad it’s must win against spurs too and Southampton. He needs a run of results just for the majority not to want him sacked at the first loss. It feels like it’s extremely unlikely now for him to survive and be a success here

October 30, 2019, 04:42:59 PM
Reply #2944

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Agree about the cloud lifting somewhat. The problem is though that his position is so bad it’s must win against spurs too and Southampton. He needs a run of results just for the majority not to want him sacked at the first loss. It feels like it’s extremely unlikely now for him to survive and be a success here

4 points from those games and a win against Norwich is sound and very plausible.

Having read the stuff on here and from social media last night I think the fans are pretty much gone though, so unless we catch fire it’s does seem inevitable.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 30, 2019, 04:43:12 PM
Reply #2945

Macca77

Play like that against Spurs on Sunday and they will destroy us

October 30, 2019, 04:50:31 PM
Reply #2946

KoemansNumberTens

4 points from those games and a win against Norwich is sound and very plausible.

Having read the stuff on here and from social media last night I think the fans are pretty much gone though, so unless we catch fire it’s does seem inevitable.

It’s a big ask though. Possible but quite unlikely. Bet we are about 6 or 7 to 1 to avoid defeat against spurs and win the other 2. Lose to spurs he has to go. Unfortunately now he’s no room for bad luck or just a poor result. I really don’t see how he’s our manager next season. Hope I’m wrong because you’d assume if he is he’s actually turned it around

October 30, 2019, 04:50:56 PM
Reply #2947

Lxxx

I actually fancy us us against Spurs weirdly.

I think Richarlison would have Aurier on toast on the left and Spurs fans are moaning about Rose which Walcott could exploit on current form. They're also suffering a crisis of confidence themselves.

My only concern is Keane v Kane and if Silva is tempted to mess around Iwobi.

October 30, 2019, 04:56:32 PM
Reply #2948

Ramjam

Iwobi will be right up for this being an Arsenal man an all, be mad if Silva dropped him for Siggy

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

October 30, 2019, 04:58:10 PM
Reply #2949

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
More worried about Delph playing instead of Davies.

October 30, 2019, 05:52:39 PM
Reply #2950

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Silva will likely keep his job until at least the Derby on Dec 4, mostly because Rafa's done with the Chinese Super League on Nov 30. He's not my choice, but the alternative is someone like ugh, Moyes.

Playing FM20 24/7.

October 30, 2019, 05:53:47 PM
Reply #2951

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Silva will likely keep his job until at least the Derby on Dec 4, mostly because Rafa's done with the Chinese Super League on Nov 30. He's not my choice, but the alternative is someone like ugh, Moyes.

They’re not the only two managers in the world.

October 30, 2019, 06:34:46 PM
Reply #2952

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
They're not the only two managers in the world.

Oh I'm aware, I'm just trying to stay within the realm of possibility. Personally if we're going to roll the dice (again), I'd love to see them take a chance on Arteta. Marcelino is another interesting option.

Playing FM20 24/7.

October 30, 2019, 06:43:40 PM
Reply #2953

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Someone just sent me this 🤣

I guess it's an attachment and not embedded? Open it, I promise you won't regret it lol

Playing FM20 24/7.

October 30, 2019, 10:16:36 PM
Reply #2954

D15TIN

More worried about Delph playing instead of Davies.

me too, been disappointed with delph so far