December 06, 2020, 06:36:45 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 211273 times)

November 04, 2019, 06:20:15 PM
Reply #3015

formerKHL

What I don't get is why are we so nice to them? we owe them nothing....

over the years they've fkked us over big style with their officials making bad decisions..
Always being the 1st team to be penalised every time a new "rule" comes out over the years...

if we 're gonna get fkked over because they choose our club to be victimised lets really make them hate us....

November 04, 2019, 06:30:16 PM
Reply #3016

Dr. Sponge

Our club does just accept being a victim. Humble but does fuck all for our ambitions.

November 04, 2019, 06:30:37 PM
Reply #3017

sam of the south

Yeah, don’t get me wrong, I don’t want us to go full Klopp, but we’ve accepted far too much jizz up our backs with a “thank you”.

I’m all for dignity, grace, and class, but we shouldn’t be so passive in the light of Niasse, Brighton, Alli, and Gomes. All this publicity over Coleman consoling Son in their dressing room is too saccharine. Get the team at the hospital with Gomes, talk about looking after him and getting him back on his feet, and get in the press and kick up a fuss about these VAR decisions and non-decisions.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

November 04, 2019, 06:51:54 PM
Reply #3018

formerKHL

Yeah, don’t get me wrong, I don’t want us to go full Klopp, but we’ve accepted far too much jizz up our backs with a “thank you”.

I’m all for dignity, grace, and class, but we shouldn’t be so passive in the light of Niasse, Brighton, Alli, and Gomes. All this publicity over Coleman consoling Son in their dressing room is too saccharine. Get the team at the hospital with Gomes, talk about looking after him and getting him back on his feet, and get in the press and kick up a fuss about these VAR decisions and non-decisions.

It's not just that though is it...remember:
The 4 second rule...goalies will be penalised for holding onto the ball longer than 4 seconds...FIRST to be done Big Neville about 10 games into the season...
The goalie handling outside the box rule: and TBH I've totally forgotten our reserve keepers name who came on as sub and got sent off for "nearly handling" the ball outside the area after about 10 mins of being on the pitch...
The getting sent off for simulation rule: Niasse...say no more..
Now VAR: first team to have a pen awarded against them using VAR....

There's probably more but cant be arsed with it..

I know lets start a petition......OH HANG ON!!!

November 04, 2019, 06:59:02 PM
Reply #3019

sam of the south

It's not just that though is it...remember:
The 4 second rule...goalies will be penalised for holding onto the ball longer than 4 seconds...FIRST to be done Big Neville about 10 games into the season...
The goalie handling outside the box rule: and TBH I've totally forgotten our reserve keepers name who came on as sub and got sent off for "nearly handling" the ball outside the area after about 10 mins of being on the pitch...
The getting sent off for simulation rule: Niasse...say no more..
Now VAR: first team to have a pen awarded against them using VAR....

There's probably more but cant be arsed with it..

I know lets start a petition......OH HANG ON!!!

Yeah, I remember the Southall one clear as day.

I think the reserve keeper was Westerveld.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

November 04, 2019, 06:59:18 PM
Reply #3020

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yes.

I don’t suppose going in there is that odd but they’ve used it immediately to back up their point of view.

Whereas ours is he’s been sent off so that’s done

All of which just means he gets a load of empathy while Gomes is out for months at best.

Re VAR Id guess that he’s trying to give off a calm air and that he’s not melting down about his job/ creating an air of panic. Or for players to feel sorry for themselves on top of all the above.

November 04, 2019, 07:03:34 PM
Reply #3021

formerKHL

with the sending off I genuinely believe he only sent him off because of the injury sustained AND to please the crowd...
again Atkinson was awful throughout the game....

I hope they do rescind the red if only to again highlight the incompetence of the officials getting another one of many wrong decisions in the 1 game !!

November 04, 2019, 07:05:20 PM
Reply #3022

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
with the sending off I genuinely believe he only sent him off because of the injury sustained AND to please the crowd...
again Atkinson was awful throughout the game....

I hope they do rescind the red if only to again highlight the incompetence of the officials getting another one of many wrong decisions in the 1 game !!

It was VAR that sent him off. Atkinson only booked him.

Actually only VAR thing that was right was that the challenge endangered the opponent (as in he wasn’t trying to get the ball).

November 04, 2019, 07:08:12 PM
Reply #3023

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It was VAR that sent him off. Atkinson only booked him.

Actually only VAR thing that was right was that the challenge endangered the opponent (as in he wasn’t trying to get the ball).

They've made a terrible rod for their backs though by stating the severity of the injury is what prompted the sending off.

Gomes can't control his trajectory because son has sent him flying, he has endangered him whether people like it or not, and he's also done it on purpose.

But saying the severity of injury caused it is a terrible idea.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 04, 2019, 07:09:53 PM
Reply #3024

sam of the south

They've made a terrible rod for their backs though by stating the severity of the injury is what prompted the sending off.

Gomes can't control his trajectory because son has sent him flying, he has endangered him whether people like it or not, and he's also done it on purpose.

But saying the severity of injury caused it is a terrible idea.

Yeah, clubs will be employing acting coaches from now on.
Henry David Thoreau

November 04, 2019, 07:11:43 PM
Reply #3025

formerKHL

was it TBH I thought dickhead only got the yellow out and didn't show it...I remember he had it in his hand as we were going mad at the time....then he looked at andre for a bit and next thing it was a red...we were flumaxxed over him...

Live at the game it all happens so quick so you demand the red when he's down in agony...then comes the delay so didn't know they'd used VAR....cant even remember seeing it on the screen TBH...but by then was concentrating more on andre than the screen..

November 04, 2019, 07:41:34 PM
Reply #3026

ally2

I'm not up for making a big fuss about all this stuff. Just get on with it and stop whining. In hindsight I more or less agree with decisions. Keane at Burnley was justifiable, Alli yesterday was touch and go, Son should not have been sent off.

November 04, 2019, 07:59:36 PM
Reply #3027

formerKHL

I'm not up for making a big fuss about all this stuff. Just get on with it and stop whining. In hindsight I more or less agree with decisions. Keane at Burnley was justifiable, Alli yesterday was touch and go, Son should not have been sent off.

your having a laff aren't you....go on admit it...

November 04, 2019, 08:04:00 PM
Reply #3028

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

You’re trying too hard to be contrary here.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 04, 2019, 08:05:10 PM
Reply #3029

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
You’re not wrong. But Look who we’ve lost to.

It’s unacceptable. I’m not gonna sit here and listen to this unlucky narrative. Brighton, villa.... it’s bullshit.

We got played off the park by Sheffield United at home. There’s nothing unlucky about it. He’s not the man to take us where we want to go.

You can’t dismiss it so easily either.

We’ve lost 6 pts from 2 horribly wrong VAR plays. I believe it was brap who pointed out that all our game play statistics would normally indicate a points total that would have us in 6th right now. Let’s remember we’re 3 points clear of 18th and yet 5 pts off 5th.

This debate always circles back to “if not Silva than who?”
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).