October 29, 2020, 10:36:30 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 201061 times)

November 25, 2019, 02:37:35 AM
Reply #3105

WeimaranerBlues

so which players have let him down consistently....?
-

November 25, 2019, 02:39:03 AM
Reply #3106

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Nothing to do with favourites, it's about being cautious. Most managers turn to the senior professionals in the squad when under pressure and that's what's happening here.

It's foolish, and he's being let down terribly by them.

It's a bad sign because it shows that fear is leading his thinking, which is a philosophy that will always fail.

It's a shame that our senior professionals are, to a man, the worst players we have on the squad.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

November 25, 2019, 02:39:34 AM
Reply #3107

Heisenberg

Nothing to do with favourites, it's about being cautious. Most managers turn to the senior professionals in the squad when under pressure and that's what's happening here.

It's a bad sign because it shows that fear is leading his thinking, which is a philosophy that will always fail.

It’s a fair thing to do in my opinion. Unfortunately for him though we have a team full of shithouses who half arsed and  down tooled for every one of the last 3 managers. Luckily for the players though every time the blame seems to have landed with the managers

November 25, 2019, 02:39:43 AM
Reply #3108

Mayor Farnum

I only noticed the Howard Kendall kick offs yesterday. How long have we been doing that under Silva?
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

November 25, 2019, 02:40:44 AM
Reply #3109

Jamokachi

-

I can think of one apparition in particular.

November 25, 2019, 02:41:12 AM
Reply #3110

Heisenberg

-

Let’s do the list of players who haven’t it will be easier. Digne, mina and bernard. The rest couldn’t care less

November 25, 2019, 02:42:49 AM
Reply #3111

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
I can think of one apparition in particular.

I like the cut of your jib

I caught a quick video of him the other day, paparazzi-style.

November 25, 2019, 02:43:58 AM
Reply #3112

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

It really is sad because he has options in the squad that could do really well. There was absolutely no need to drop DCL, he had been playing well and brings so much to the side... And yet dropped because Tosun got a goal against 10 man spurs (that DCL would have scored anyway).

Iwobi has been as close to a revelation as we get really, and yet Sigurdsson comes in despite being absolutely garbage..

Such a shame but he's going because of his own decisions.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 25, 2019, 02:44:24 AM
Reply #3113

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Let’s do the list of players who haven’t it will be easier. Digne, mina and bernard. The rest couldn’t care less

Richarlison cares, he's just not executing as he should. And IMO, Iwobi has been excellent. Digne has actually been terrible IMO but he does care, no question. Oh and Davies is all heart even if his skills don't match it.

I have my sights squarely on...about 4-5 guys.

November 25, 2019, 02:48:30 AM
Reply #3114

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford
Other

Other Mina Other Digne
Coleman Other Keane Other

Davies Gbamin Iwobi
Other   Other     Other

Bernard Kean Richarlison
Walcott  DCL  Gordon
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 25, 2019, 02:51:37 AM
Reply #3115

WeimaranerBlues

all signed by Silva-
the problem is we have too many players from previous regimes , who have all been proved to be shite, and as a result have seen off the last 3 managers

we need to get rid but my only concern is these better players no longer feel apart of the new setup and we are at square one again ,   and it want be long before the new manager starts selecting players who we know are shite,

November 25, 2019, 02:52:16 AM
Reply #3116

Waltzer

Pickford
Other

Other Mina Other Digne
Coleman Other Keane Other

Davies Gbamin Iwobi
Other   Other     Other

Bernard Kean Richarlison
Walcott  DCL  Gordon
Only one of question is Gbamin. Apart from looking terrible on his debut, not much better the next game then getting injured I'm yet to see why people have him in most 'best 11', appreciate this isn't that, but not sure why the confidence. He may well be, but I haven't seen anything yet

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

November 25, 2019, 02:55:16 AM
Reply #3117

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Only one of question is Gbamin. Apart from looking terrible on his debut, not much better the next game then getting injured I'm yet to see why people have him in most 'best 11', appreciate this isn't that, but not sure why the confidence. He may well be, but I haven't seen anything yet

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's an assumed argument, no doubt. But equally assumed is that he wouldn't be the player we signed him to be. Assessing him based on 90 minutes of football off less than 10 days of getting fit (he was just coming off a lengthy run in the African Cup of Nations) is as ridiculous as those who say "Kean hasn't shown anything blah blah blah."

November 25, 2019, 02:57:15 AM
Reply #3118

KoemansNumberTens

-

I don’t think they have let him down to be honest. Pickford isn’t as good as we’d hoped, Coleman looks on the way out, Keane isn’t good enough nor is Holgate, Morgan is a bit of a nothing player, sigurdsson doesn’t do anywhere near enough etc etc etc

I’m not sure you can say they’ve let him down. They’ve just not great players (or even good in most cases) and he keeps using them when in some cases he has options.

November 25, 2019, 03:04:54 AM
Reply #3119

WeimaranerBlues

may have been discussed before , so feel free to not answer but as we all know the buck stops at the manager but percentage wise who blames the players or the manager when it all  goes up shit creek

when he goes , will we get that new manager bounce from the players----

« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 03:12:17 AM by WeimaranerBlues »