October 27, 2020, 12:27:36 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 200056 times)

November 25, 2019, 03:14:38 AM
Reply #30

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
may have been discussed before , so feel free to not answer but as we all know the buck stops at the manager but percentage wise who blames the players or the manager when it all  goes up shit creek

when he goes , will we get that new manager bounce from the players----

Not from the old guard. If whoever the new guy is scratches the needle off the record and commits to the youth movement, maybe.

But even the bounce is often short-lived. Like a sugar rush if you will. Look at the difficulties Ole's had at United since that great 10-11 match run mid-season last year.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

November 26, 2019, 02:32:35 AM
Reply #31

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Tbf I am a contradiction. I like Simeone, Mourihno, Ranieri and (of days gone by) Heleno Herrara (Inter Milan) percentage football.

The crux is you can play that way and still have style. See Athletico Madrid and Mouirhnos Chelsea or Inter for a good example.

Otherwise I grew up and startd encountering Everton with Joe Parkinson in midfield and Paul Rideout up front. They gave their all.

Maybe I'm going through a conversion. What is certain though the next manager cannot be someone sticking to 433 and playing out from the back or attacking.

huh? I'd kill for someone to stick to 433, or better yet, try it one single time. And you don't want someone to stick with...attacking? What am I missing here.

maybe you meant 4231, I dunno

November 26, 2019, 03:00:04 AM
Reply #32

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Check Sheff Utd out.

I have. So you want a 3-5-2 with overlapping fullbacks?

What's wrong with a 4-3-3 since we already have the talent to run that effectively?

November 26, 2019, 04:03:27 AM
Reply #33

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
It’s actually overlapping centre backs, believe it or not.

November 26, 2019, 04:05:29 AM
Reply #34

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
It’s pretty unchartered territory is what it is, Chris.

Well we can't even master the most common formation in existence, so that sounds like a master's thesis atm

November 26, 2019, 04:22:14 AM
Reply #35

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
That was the nuts.

Wobes and Bernard.

Walcott was a man transformed.

Now imagine Kean instead of DCL.

November 26, 2019, 04:54:13 AM
Reply #36

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Thing is it doesn’t help when your midfield pass like crabs or are powderpuff. I honestly believe the problem lies in the middle. We’ve been decimated with the Gbamin and Gomez injuries AND losing Gana. We’ve no spine it’s just a mess and as it’s been said before were just going round in circles with this. I fear for any manager coming in. It’s going to be a major rebuild in the summer. Can see Richarlison going and we need to shift a few off the wage bill. And we’ll get less prize money too if we’re languishing in the bottom half come May.
Moshiris pockets aren’t as deep as City’s. We need to be careful with our spending especially as we’ll have to pay Silva off too! And if we get another manager in from another club there’s the pay for that. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ just squandering money left right and centre. Wonder how long Moshiri will think fuck this! But it’ll be his own doing for hiring shit managers!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

All of the above are why I keep banging the 4-3-3 drum. At least then the midfielders are basically playing between the attacking/defensive thirds. Without the Gana/Gbamin rover, we constantly have enormous gaps in the middle of the park, further exacerbated by the god-fucking-awful Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson. It's no wonder even teams like Norwich can bully us around and put a lot of pressure on our backs. How can we see this and not our manager?  :headbang:

November 27, 2019, 01:06:22 AM
Reply #37

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
I worry about the Gbamin signing....looked devilishly slow/immobile from what little I ve seen.

Does "what little you've seen" equal <135 minutes on under 10 days' training camp with a new team in a new league in a new country after a lengthy African Cup of Nations run & telling his manager that he personally didn't feel fit enough to jump right into starting? Of something else?

November 27, 2019, 01:06:45 AM
Reply #38

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
He’s very quick. He wasn’t fit when he played as he’d been to the AFCON and hadn’t had a pre-season, but you could see he was quick.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Why are you always faster than me

November 27, 2019, 02:09:13 AM
Reply #39

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber

November 28, 2019, 03:07:07 AM
Reply #40

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Not a lot more tbh....that and probs 2 or 3 Bundesliga games-certainly didnt look rapid but I hope you guys are right as it's a key position for us.

Oh ye of little faith! j/k, I haven't seen much more than you tbh, but he has a "heat-seeking missile" component to him that I'm very anxious to see once fit. He's faster than you think, but probably not Gana (who is?)

December 05, 2019, 08:50:41 PM
Reply #41

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Realistically Gylfi isn't sellable. No-one will want to take on board that salary and he's a few years past his peak.

This is what I've been saying. Our options with him are limited.

1) sell/loan him for pennies on the dollar and surely still continue to have to pay most of his weekly wages, or

2) keep him for - fucking hell - 30 June 2022 when his contract expires, not getting a penny (pence?) for him but having all his wages come off the books.

😭😭😭