October 27, 2020, 01:45:10 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 200096 times)

October 06, 2019, 05:56:00 PM
Reply #15

dazfrancis

What happens when brands says me neither I was onboard with silva and look at the mess I’ve made of signing a striker and centre half this summer?? Ask kenwright if he still has Moyes number?? I wouldn’t trust any of them
out of interest, who would you pick?

You seem to think no one (or very few at least) at the club is up to the job their being employed to do

October 07, 2019, 05:05:17 PM
Reply #16

dazfrancis

If you'd have said at the beginning of the season we'd be in the relegation zone at this stage we all would have laughed our heads off

October 07, 2019, 05:10:55 PM
Reply #17

dazfrancis

Don't completely understand what all of this means but I'm guessing that it says based on xG we should be 10th currently

Obviously doesn't paint the full picture that we're fucking clueless and spineless

October 08, 2019, 05:11:21 PM
Reply #18

dazfrancis

https://twitter.com/DAHughes_/status/1181452327678599169

Absolutely mad that he hasn't been able to spot or correct this glaring issue in 2 years.

Based on evidence like this I think he will be gone after the West Ham game if we lose

October 30, 2019, 04:27:30 PM
Reply #19

dazfrancis

The last 3 games have summed up up Silva's Everton in a nutshell. Some turgid football, some really bad luck, players losing their heads and players putting in a shift and playing some decent football when his job is on the line.

November 16, 2019, 08:33:43 PM
Reply #20

dazfrancis

LESS POSITIVE DATA CHAT

https://twitter.com/insightMrkt/status/1195388797342629889?s=19

How is our xG spread across our games? It felt like early on in the season we were creating zero to little clear cut chances per game, since West Ham we have certainly created more but I'm still surprised it's such a high average for season to date.

Are we that awful at finishing?

November 25, 2019, 02:19:09 AM
Reply #21

dazfrancis

He's rewarding players who have consistently underperformed for him because they are his favourites.

And they've got him sacked. Iwobi could have saved his job.

No sympathy for him

November 25, 2019, 04:04:35 PM
Reply #22

dazfrancis

Couple of points I want to rant about this morning.

How can a manager who has 0 confidence in himself and his own supposed "philosophy" be able to motivate his players to go out and play football?

He can't expect the players to do the same when he either doesn't have the belief in himself to coach them or the belief in his players. Never going to happen but this alone should be why he should quit.

Also, one of the main reason I'll be glad to see the back of him is because he sees the main role of his CF and his number as his primary defenders, otherwise he wouldn't be starting with sigurdsson and tosun. I would be happy for a manager to come in who will have bit of a looser role for some of our attacking players.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 04:51:59 PM by dazfrancis »

November 25, 2019, 04:11:52 PM
Reply #23

dazfrancis

Try as I might, I can't make head nor tail of this.

My monday morning vomiting of words onto your screen or Silva's actions?

November 25, 2019, 04:52:51 PM
Reply #24

dazfrancis

Mondays after we lose to relegation fodder are always difficult.

November 25, 2019, 06:48:25 PM
Reply #25

dazfrancis

Winning the derby is Silvas only play in terms of buying himself more time in the job I think

Feels like the least likely Derby win ever given the injuries and total lack of form at the moment

In fact I fear this may be the heaviest derby defeat we've ever suffered

We would basically be looking for an unbelievable amount of luck to go our way, against the luckiest side in the Universe, on their own ground, with video referees to change anything that goes against them anyway

If ever there was a time to throw in Anthony Gordon in a 3 pronged attack with Moise Kean and Richarlison it's now

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Peak Everton would be us beating the shite at Anfield and then winning the League Cup but getting relegated in the process and the shite finally winning the league