October 27, 2020, 12:09:36 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 200045 times)

November 25, 2019, 03:08:31 AM
Reply #3120

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Only one of question is Gbamin. Apart from looking terrible on his debut, not much better the next game then getting injured I'm yet to see why people have him in most 'best 11', appreciate this isn't that, but not sure why the confidence. He may well be, but I haven't seen anything yet

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Because the alternative is Schneiderlin, or Delph who turns 31 next year.

I mean yeah if we want to buy a new base midfield sound but he gets the benefit of the doubt at the min based on his track record and brands track record.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 25, 2019, 03:14:38 AM
Reply #3121

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
may have been discussed before , so feel free to not answer but as we all know the buck stops at the manager but percentage wise who blames the players or the manager when it all  goes up shit creek

when he goes , will we get that new manager bounce from the players----

Not from the old guard. If whoever the new guy is scratches the needle off the record and commits to the youth movement, maybe.

But even the bounce is often short-lived. Like a sugar rush if you will. Look at the difficulties Ole's had at United since that great 10-11 match run mid-season last year.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

November 25, 2019, 03:37:04 AM
Reply #3122

WeimaranerBlues

thats the worry we find ourselves languishing in the bottom 3 in January , no way is the new manager going to risk youth, so the old guard will have to get us out the mire...

November 25, 2019, 04:04:35 PM
Reply #3123

dazfrancis

Couple of points I want to rant about this morning.

How can a manager who has 0 confidence in himself and his own supposed "philosophy" be able to motivate his players to go out and play football?

He can't expect the players to do the same when he either doesn't have the belief in himself to coach them or the belief in his players. Never going to happen but this alone should be why he should quit.

Also, one of the main reason I'll be glad to see the back of him is because he sees the main role of his CF and his number as his primary defenders, otherwise he wouldn't be starting with sigurdsson and tosun. I would be happy for a manager to come in who will have bit of a looser role for some of our attacking players.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 04:51:59 PM by dazfrancis »

November 25, 2019, 04:10:19 PM
Reply #3124

Jamokachi

Couple of points I want to rant about this morning.

How can a manager who has 0 confidence in himself and his own supposed "philosophy" be able to motivate his players to go out and play football?

He can't expect the players to do the same when he either doesn't have the belief in himself to coach them or the belief in his players. Never going to happen but this alone should be why he should quit.

Also, one of the main reason I'll be glad to see the back of him is because he sees the main role of his CF and his number as his primary defenders, otherwise he would be starting with sigurdsson and tosun. I would be happy for a manager to come in who will have bit of a looser role for some of our attacking players.

Try as I might, I can't make head nor tail of this.

November 25, 2019, 04:11:52 PM
Reply #3125

dazfrancis

Try as I might, I can't make head nor tail of this.

My monday morning vomiting of words onto your screen or Silva's actions?

November 25, 2019, 04:12:41 PM
Reply #3126

Jamokachi

My monday morning vomiting of words onto your screen or Silva's actions?

Both, but mainly the former.

November 25, 2019, 04:26:41 PM
Reply #3127

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Both, but mainly the former.

If you change the word would to wouldn't it all comes together
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 25, 2019, 04:52:51 PM
Reply #3128

dazfrancis

Mondays after we lose to relegation fodder are always difficult.

November 25, 2019, 04:53:06 PM
Reply #3129

sam of the south

If you change the word would to wouldn't it all comes together

Change the first would, leave the second as is. Word.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

November 25, 2019, 05:32:41 PM
Reply #3130

dunkster

What pisses me off the most was we were playing wank, he had the balls to suddenly dump siggy, Coleman and Walcott cos they were shit. With the likes of iwobi we suddenly looked good again but then he reverted to type.
Every single Evertonian thought 'for fucks sake' seeing Schniederlin, siggy, walcott and tosun in starting 11.
Totally brought this on himself.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

November 25, 2019, 06:28:01 PM
Reply #3131

Bally

Administrator
There a big bag of "fuck offs" in a shitty bucket for all you Wobes cunts

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

November 25, 2019, 06:34:03 PM
Reply #3132

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Winning the derby is Silvas only play in terms of buying himself more time in the job I think

Feels like the least likely Derby win ever given the injuries and total lack of form at the moment

In fact I fear this may be the heaviest derby defeat we've ever suffered

We would basically be looking for an unbelievable amount of luck to go our way, against the luckiest side in the Universe, on their own ground, with video referees to change anything that goes against them anyway

If ever there was a time to throw in Anthony Gordon in a 3 pronged attack with Moise Kean and Richarlison it's now

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

November 25, 2019, 06:48:25 PM
Reply #3133

dazfrancis

Winning the derby is Silvas only play in terms of buying himself more time in the job I think

Feels like the least likely Derby win ever given the injuries and total lack of form at the moment

In fact I fear this may be the heaviest derby defeat we've ever suffered

We would basically be looking for an unbelievable amount of luck to go our way, against the luckiest side in the Universe, on their own ground, with video referees to change anything that goes against them anyway

If ever there was a time to throw in Anthony Gordon in a 3 pronged attack with Moise Kean and Richarlison it's now

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Peak Everton would be us beating the shite at Anfield and then winning the League Cup but getting relegated in the process and the shite finally winning the league

November 25, 2019, 06:56:10 PM
Reply #3134

dunkster

Need to get our own shit in order before worrying about the shite winning the league. Most years there's a team relegated that you were amazed at how the got in that position.
I've always said where you come out from the hectic festive period is kinda where your gonna be. I can't see us being much out of the relegation zone if not in it come January. Relegation threatened teams get Squeeky bum time and brings out all the dodgy ref decisions, missed sitters in front of goal, calamities in defence.  Oh hang on that's what we've got already.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER