October 27, 2020, 01:00:21 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 200078 times)

August 12, 2018, 03:13:41 PM
Read 200078 times

dunkster

Yes he ran around a lot more but I kept an eye on him and nearly every pass is very McCarthy-esque. Before he received the ball he's always got one eye on the next backwards or sideways easy pass instead of picking his head up to see if a more progressive ball is on to catch the opposition out or capitalise on a bit of space. Which then leaves Gana to be the one to start an attack, which clearly isn't his strong point.

It's like he's got all the tools but doesn't want to use them and instead opts to play within himself. Frustrating player.

Said similar to my boy that he lacks awareness of what's immediately around him. There were times Baines did well to get out of trouble and make a short pass inside to him and he could have taken the ball on more centrally and forwards but instead would often simply pass it straight back to where it came from.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

February 28, 2019, 02:04:32 PM
Reply #1

dunkster

Seem to recall him mentioning schneirderlin by name when discussing the number 6 roll when he first arrived. Strange how he chooses him and drops the guy whos been captain for the previous 2 games. Will do wonders for  Davis confidence that.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

March 04, 2019, 02:46:07 PM
Reply #2

dunkster

Back to the old chicken and the egg argument. Does the team need to play in a manor to GET the fans noisy.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

September 18, 2019, 04:27:03 AM
Reply #3

dunkster

Always seems to be making a team around siggy. Unsurprisingly,  siggy is very hit and miss and that's the same for our whole team.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

September 21, 2019, 11:29:34 PM
Reply #4

dunkster

To think before the Bournemouth game which I firmly believed we'd win was gonna take us into top 3.
In a blink of an eye we've lost against villa Sheffield utd and Bournemouth... That's relegation level shitness.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

October 05, 2019, 11:11:35 PM
Reply #5

dunkster

His absolute need to form the team around sigurdson is where he loses me
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

November 04, 2019, 05:25:49 PM
Reply #6

dunkster

Watching tactical elements of the game yesterday were particularly painful and an indication of our one dimensional thinking.
How many times did we get ourselves into decent opportunities down the left in first half with both digne and iwobi together into the final third of pitch? Loads.
How many times did either player achieve nothing more than to play it back to Delph? Loads.
How many times did Delph then turn and hit it all the way back into our own half to the defenders? Loads.
We are Clueless when we get to the final third. Other teams would look to play a little low diagonal into the feet of a striker on the corner of the penalty box with the option of iwobi keeping a run down the left going, an attacking midfielder pushed up centrally to receive a layoff etc. Etc.
We just seem so bloody clueless. The only couple of times we got around them were a couple of cute through balls from Davis and gomez that allowed Walcott to get to the byline and do something with it. (both times he made a hash of it, but at least its in the danger area)

[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

November 04, 2019, 09:10:31 PM
Reply #7

dunkster

Only in football can a video replays be such a monumental fuck up.
I don't know if it was the sky stream I watched but after the var ruled no penalty for the alli incident, they showed a different camera view which made it so much clearer that the ball hit his arm and would more likely have given a penalty, only for the commentators to confirm var didn't have that camera view to use.
I mean WTF.. In rugby they seem to have a dozen views of the action at any point on the pitch.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

November 04, 2019, 09:24:32 PM
Reply #8

dunkster

I really only ever thought it needed to be used for offsides. Problem with football is its the only sport where you blatantly try to cheat in order to get the upper hand.
That makes it a lottery to please everyone all of the time.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

November 25, 2019, 05:32:41 PM
Reply #9

dunkster

What pisses me off the most was we were playing wank, he had the balls to suddenly dump siggy, Coleman and Walcott cos they were shit. With the likes of iwobi we suddenly looked good again but then he reverted to type.
Every single Evertonian thought 'for fucks sake' seeing Schniederlin, siggy, walcott and tosun in starting 11.
Totally brought this on himself.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

November 25, 2019, 06:56:10 PM
Reply #10

dunkster

Need to get our own shit in order before worrying about the shite winning the league. Most years there's a team relegated that you were amazed at how the got in that position.
I've always said where you come out from the hectic festive period is kinda where your gonna be. I can't see us being much out of the relegation zone if not in it come January. Relegation threatened teams get Squeeky bum time and brings out all the dodgy ref decisions, missed sitters in front of goal, calamities in defence.  Oh hang on that's what we've got already.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]