October 27, 2020, 01:08:45 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 200083 times)

December 26, 2018, 04:20:37 PM
Read 200083 times

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Seems to be problems all over the pitch at the moment

The Pickford quick distribution thing isn't working at the moment. Feels to me that it means that the midfield are bypassed quite a bit and most times it just leads to us giving the ball away quite a bit. He seems very mistake prone at the moment. Needs a clean sheet badly, can probably do himself a favour by taking less risks at the moment, though I understand this is leaving out a big part of his game

I think we need to stick with a centre back pair so they can develop a partnership. Keane and Mina would be the logical 2 as we don't own Zouma

Coleman seems drastically out of form. Could be the after effects of his injury but he just doesn't seem the same player

Walcott needs to utilise his talents more. Before we signed him, the main thing I knew about Walcott is that he's a pacey fucker. We don't see him enough knocking it a few yards ahead of him and just blitzing his man for pace

Striker is a massive issue. Cenk seems like a write off. Niasse is clearly leaving in Jan, Richarlison up front isn't really working, but even on the left against Spurs he wasn't up to much. DCL still has lots to learn

Is it the system we are playing?do we need to change things up?

Since the derby we haven't had even a good 10minute spell in a match it seems
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 22, 2019, 03:48:23 PM
Reply #1

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Starting to wonder if 4-2-3-1 has ever actually worked for us and whether we have the right players for this system
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 30, 2019, 06:24:09 PM
Reply #2

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Assuming we are selling Gueye and not bringing anyone in, is the plan for the rest of the season....

Tosun up top. DCL the back up option

2 from Richarlison, Bernard and Lookman playing either side of him

3 man midfield of Sigurdsson, Davies, Gomes

Digne and Coleman as the full backs  Keane being partnered by Zouma at centre back with a view to Mina getting game time alongside Keane where possible to prep the main pair for next season?

September 22, 2019, 01:35:09 AM
Reply #3

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Its unfortunately a much longer job than we want it to be to turn the club around

Shifting the deadwood alone has been a massive job, we had so many old players on long contracts on big money that we needed shut of

We've had a big job reducing the size of the squad and the average age too

The positive side of things comes in the form that Brands seems to know what hes doing. Moshiri has implemented a fair few things to try and bring us up to speed with the modern day and the stadium is on it's way

On the pitch isn't the best though

Silva is persevering with the same tactics and same formation every week despite no signs that it is working. We just look so sluggish and uninspired at the moment

Hes much less harmful to this group of players than Allardyce was, but he is a long term appointment it seems, what is the plan here?

We hope that any manager when they leave have improved us, but what has he realistically been brought here to achieve?to win a trophy?to get us back into Europe before passing the baton on to a better manager?

If we finish between 8th and 12th, don't win a trophy and don't show any sign of progress does it make any sense to keep him around?

I'm not sure whether we've made any progress at all under him, and I don't think we will get relegated either way if we keep him or sack him. I think moshiri is right to at least be asking questions of him

3 full seasons is enough time to judge him I think, i wouldn't be surprised though if a league cup exit followed by a City humiliation forced a decision, though I'd rather win both and crack on

Losing Gana and Lukaku and not replacing properly has hurt us. There was a notion that Gana might have been holding us back, it seems like he might have actually been holding us together

With the Silva gameplan and formation he either needs to get it to work, or change it. Sticking with it through bad form though is a risky strategy

All feels very bleak at the moment

October 01, 2019, 02:02:40 PM
Reply #4

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I'd say Leicester, West Ham, Bournemouth and Palace have over performed , every other club  is either on par or below where they would expect to be at this point of the season.

We have underperformed obviously, but are only 4 points off 6th

Not sure if we will turn it around but it's definitely early enough in the season to do so

November 25, 2019, 06:34:03 PM
Reply #5

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Winning the derby is Silvas only play in terms of buying himself more time in the job I think

Feels like the least likely Derby win ever given the injuries and total lack of form at the moment

In fact I fear this may be the heaviest derby defeat we've ever suffered

We would basically be looking for an unbelievable amount of luck to go our way, against the luckiest side in the Universe, on their own ground, with video referees to change anything that goes against them anyway

If ever there was a time to throw in Anthony Gordon in a 3 pronged attack with Moise Kean and Richarlison it's now

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk