October 24, 2020, 01:53:22 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 199434 times)

November 04, 2019, 01:20:15 PM
Reply #30

bluenuck

But when you’ve only played 11 games then bad decisions can have a massive impact.

Leicester have been on the right side of VAR about 4 times this year whereas we haven’t.

Might not be the case at the end of the season of course but as it’s so tight, just non weird VARing would have put us in a massively different position.

You can’t just count the bad things when considering what’s going on.

You’re not wrong. But Look who we’ve lost to.

It’s unacceptable. I’m not gonna sit here and listen to this unlucky narrative. Brighton, villa.... it’s bullshit.

We got played off the park by Sheffield United at home. There’s nothing unlucky about it. He’s not the man to take us where we want to go.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 01:23:26 PM by bluenuck »

November 04, 2019, 10:18:37 PM
Reply #31

bluenuck

Again not ignoring bad bits or even what ultimate decision may be, but a shift of one or two games would at least be pushing these discussions back.

Just as a side opinion. We didn’t get played off the park by SU at all though. We weren’t good by any stretch but we dominated the game.

Okay. I’ll agree with that. A couple calls or a couple breaks and we’re sitting on say ~15 points? Instead of 11. The pressure wouldn’t be as intense.

I have no doubt he can scratch and claw his way back into the top Half of the table this season as well. I actually bet he does.

But the bigger picture tells us more and more every week that he’s probably not the man that we need in the long run. 

November 26, 2019, 04:19:47 AM
Reply #32

bluenuck

would love to see that sort of 4-2-2-2 we played against West Ham.

Although we had Gomes and Bernard for that...

November 26, 2019, 06:20:30 AM
Reply #33

bluenuck

That was the nuts.

Wobes and Bernard.

Walcott was a man transformed.

I know West Ham were sort of poor on the day, but we had tons of movement and interchangeable parts in that front 4 with Digne and Sidibe down the flanks. We had a mid field presence, and had no real gaps as we built our play from the back. Probably wouldn't work as well switching Sig for Bernard, and Schniederlin for Gomes.