October 24, 2020, 01:38:36 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 199431 times)

October 27, 2019, 03:43:55 AM
Reply #15

GrantyBoy78

Moribund

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

October 27, 2019, 04:13:11 AM
Reply #16

GrantyBoy78

Turn it around to what extent tho? What are you waiting for?

Get to the end of the season and hit reset? Csb get on board with that.
Getting us to a top half finish would be a pretty impressive turnaround, but will it happen and is that the best we can hope for? We’re only a few points off of 7th but our form is awful and we have a nightmare December coming up. I really don’t see how anyone get have genuine belief he’ll turn it around.

October 27, 2019, 06:08:49 PM
Reply #17

GrantyBoy78

Turn it around as in go on to have a successful Everton career, no. No chance.

Turn it around as in win enough home games to come 8th 9th or 10th, sure.
Exactly mate. So why persevere with him?

October 28, 2019, 12:40:36 AM
Reply #18

GrantyBoy78

Feel sorry for him tbh.

Must feel like he can't catch a break with that yesterday.
I sympathise to an extent but he hasn’t got the credit in the bank to warrant us feeling sorry for him.

Even the likes of Poch is rapidly running out of the goodwill he’s built-up with fans.

October 28, 2019, 01:48:17 PM
Reply #19

GrantyBoy78

As I said yesterday in this thread. The only reason he's here right now is because whoever brands wants isn't available.

5 losses in our last 6. And look at who we're losing to. He shouldn't have a job, and he won't come may/April.
Well, his hand is going to be forced in the coming weeks, bar a dramatic turnaround.

October 30, 2019, 06:55:34 AM
Reply #20

GrantyBoy78

Think people are overplaying how bad we were tbh.
Tbf mate, you’ve gone a bit Comical Ali regarding Silva.

November 04, 2019, 03:00:02 PM
Reply #21

GrantyBoy78

The worrying thing is we're on a run of terrible luck as well as form to add to poor managerial decisions and players dropping out the squad through injury.

In these circumstances things can snowball and before you know it you're in a full blown crisis.

Something has to change quite significantly to arrest the run. It might be a new formation, bold selection or a managerial change as we need to pick up points immediately to raise confidence.
Agreed and compounded by the Gomes injury. I can’t imagine there will be much fun and banter (hate that word) at training today. There’s a cloud over the club right now.

November 04, 2019, 05:59:26 PM
Reply #22

GrantyBoy78

Just read Silva's after match interview, just accepts the VAR decisions, shrugs them off.  Forgive me if I'm over reacting here, but why isn't he ranting about it, VAR has robbed us two weeks on the bounce now, he should be telling everyone that it's fucking not on, calling the FA out over it, won't make a difference to the results I know but at least show how pissed off you are ffs
Imagine how Fergie would’ve reacted? It’s not just Silva though - the club should be pushing this. Get Brands in front of the camera, too. Put something on the club website and social media along the lines of “in light of recent unfavourable VAR decisions, the club will be seeking advice and assurances from the FA”. That appeases the fans somewhat and puts pressure on the FA.

November 25, 2019, 02:17:57 AM
Reply #23

GrantyBoy78

Back to the OP - I think everyone can now agree that the fraud didn’t have a playbook.

Also, when we eventually start questioning the new manager’s tactics, can we please not use the expression “playbook” ever again? Ta.

November 27, 2019, 01:04:08 AM
Reply #24

GrantyBoy78

I worry about the Gbamin signing....looked devilishly slow/immobile from what little I ve seen.
He’s very quick. He wasn’t fit when he played as he’d been to the AFCON and hadn’t had a pre-season, but you could see he was quick.