December 02, 2020, 03:46:02 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 209979 times)

November 27, 2019, 01:06:22 AM
Reply #3165

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
I worry about the Gbamin signing....looked devilishly slow/immobile from what little I ve seen.

Does "what little you've seen" equal <135 minutes on under 10 days' training camp with a new team in a new league in a new country after a lengthy African Cup of Nations run & telling his manager that he personally didn't feel fit enough to jump right into starting? Of something else?
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

November 27, 2019, 01:06:45 AM
Reply #3166

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
He’s very quick. He wasn’t fit when he played as he’d been to the AFCON and hadn’t had a pre-season, but you could see he was quick.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Why are you always faster than me

November 27, 2019, 02:02:34 AM
Reply #3167

sam of the south

Why are you always faster than me

That’s what she said.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

November 27, 2019, 02:09:13 AM
Reply #3168

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber

November 28, 2019, 02:58:04 AM
Reply #3169

Martip

Does "what little you've seen" equal <135 minutes on under 10 days' training camp with a new team in a new league in a new country after a lengthy African Cup of Nations run & telling his manager that he personally didn't feel fit enough to jump right into starting? Of something else?
Not a lot more tbh....that and probs 2 or 3 Bundesliga games-certainly didnt look rapid but I hope you guys are right as it's a key position for us.
" All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

November 28, 2019, 03:07:07 AM
Reply #3170

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Not a lot more tbh....that and probs 2 or 3 Bundesliga games-certainly didnt look rapid but I hope you guys are right as it's a key position for us.

Oh ye of little faith! j/k, I haven't seen much more than you tbh, but he has a "heat-seeking missile" component to him that I'm very anxious to see once fit. He's faster than you think, but probably not Gana (who is?)

November 28, 2019, 02:31:32 PM
Reply #3171

Hawkandro

The worry re: Gbamin is how badly his injury has affected his movement. Did read something saying it's a much more serious injury than many people think. Bloody typical Everton luck.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

November 28, 2019, 03:18:28 PM
Reply #3172

sam of the south

The worry re: Gbamin is how badly his injury has affected his movement. Did read something saying it's a much more serious injury than many people think. Bloody typical Everton luck.

Yeah, I read a contradictory report that said full recovery is common, but that a strength weakness often remains.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

December 05, 2019, 08:15:08 PM
Reply #3173

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If nothing else at least the last two games should finally have put to bed this ridiculous notion of Gylfi Sigurdsson playing cm.

Awful, awful, player. Can't wait til he's sold at a dramatic loss.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 05, 2019, 08:32:46 PM
Reply #3174

sam of the south

If nothing else at least the last two games should finally have put to bed this ridiculous notion of Gylfi Sigurdsson playing cm.

Awful, awful, player. Can't wait til he's sold at a dramatic loss.

Moyes will play him all the time.
Henry David Thoreau

December 05, 2019, 08:38:26 PM
Reply #3175

Lxxx

Realistically Gylfi isn't sellable. No-one will want to take on board that salary and he's a few years past his peak.

December 05, 2019, 08:50:41 PM
Reply #3176

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Realistically Gylfi isn't sellable. No-one will want to take on board that salary and he's a few years past his peak.

This is what I've been saying. Our options with him are limited.

1) sell/loan him for pennies on the dollar and surely still continue to have to pay most of his weekly wages, or

2) keep him for - fucking hell - 30 June 2022 when his contract expires, not getting a penny (pence?) for him but having all his wages come off the books.

😭😭😭

December 05, 2019, 08:54:12 PM
Reply #3177

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Moyes will play him all the time.

Why do people keep saying this?

He’s the complete opposite of a moyes type player imo.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

December 05, 2019, 08:55:41 PM
Reply #3178

sam of the south

Why do people keep saying this?

He’s the complete opposite of a moyes type player imo.

You reckon?
Henry David Thoreau

December 05, 2019, 10:56:29 PM
Reply #3179

Ross

Can’t even sack a manager properly now.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.