December 03, 2020, 01:28:54 AM

Poll

Should Everton sack Marco Silva?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Silva Out  (Read 139349 times)

July 12, 2019, 10:20:30 PM
Reply #2100

Gary1878

The main thing that managers need to continue to prove is that they are making rational decisions, and that more often than not, they are the right decisions. This shows that they are level headed, and have the knowledge to run a team at the highest level.

It always worries me when we see an Everton team chopping and changing every week, with different formations and personnel. There is no doubt that our best run of form last season was down to sticking with what worked well, which was the same way of playing, same formation, and nearly the same starting XI. Koeman lost the job because he did the exact opposite. It seems Martinez didn't know how to turn things around, which ultimately came down to poor decisions in terms of tactics and personnel.

Silva looks like he is a man that will adapt to any given situation, which is a fantastic attribute to have, and one which his predecessors lacked. No matter how this season turns out, I think he deserves huge credit for turning it around the way he did, and it bodes well for him in the future.

July 12, 2019, 11:19:23 PM
Reply #2101

stirlingblue

To be fair, you wanted him sacked six months into the gig, and the general response was give him time and take stock at the end of the season.

Don't think anyone has made any sort of long term prediction about him, so conversely, if things do go wrong don't be giving it the "I Told you so'

I honestly wouldnít, all I wanted was to be optimistic and excited about Everton again and the dross we were serving up at that point looked like a grim future.

Itís summer time, we ended the season looked much better and I can dream about signings so the optimism is back

July 14, 2019, 05:47:58 AM
Reply #2102

Dr. Sponge

I'm just relieved the title of this thread is more daft than my Playbook one.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 24, 2019, 03:57:49 AM
Reply #2103

stirlingblue

....bump

August 24, 2019, 03:59:27 AM
Reply #2104

Shogun

Administrator
Werenít you embarrassed enough the first time?

Thatís a flippant comment but itís one match in three where weíve picked up four points and barely played any new players.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

August 24, 2019, 04:01:11 AM
Reply #2105

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
....bump
The words knee jerk and fickle come to mind.

August 24, 2019, 04:01:56 AM
Reply #2106

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Kill them all
Simply simply lovely

August 24, 2019, 04:02:02 AM
Reply #2107

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
....bump

Couldnít fucking wait to start your shit thread again could you.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

August 24, 2019, 04:02:07 AM
Reply #2108

bluenuck

Today was pretty bad. but At least see how he rebounds from this.

August 24, 2019, 04:03:42 AM
Reply #2109

Gary Todd

Today was utter utter shite not one player stepped up tonight and what the fuck did Walcott miss that? So pissed off with that performance same old shit

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 24, 2019, 04:04:30 AM
Reply #2110

stirlingblue

Ah come on lads, Iím only messing around with this, itíd be crazy to go for him now as heís sorted our defence out.

That being said, I still get the feeling that we win games in spite of Silva rather than because of.

August 24, 2019, 04:06:32 AM
Reply #2111

KoemansNumberTens

Be nice for him to put something on the pitch that looks a good unit though

Be nice for him to realise that the only way gomes and sigurdsson works is with a defensive player as good as gueye which we don't have

August 24, 2019, 04:11:13 AM
Reply #2112

Cozzie

I don't want him out but I am angry with him tonight.

If he doesn't start Iwobi and Kean next game I am personally gonna run to his house and kick him in his stupid little willy.

August 24, 2019, 04:13:44 AM
Reply #2113

Gash

Global Moderator
I don't want him out but I am angry with him tonight.

If he doesn't start Iwobi and Kean next game I am personally gonna run to his house and kick him in his stupid little willy.

He said before the match that Kean's not ready to start games. Iwobi has only just joined us and hasn't had a pre season, there's every chance they will start next week but it's not that daft an idea that they haven't started games yet.

August 24, 2019, 04:14:40 AM
Reply #2114

BlueNoseMike

Fuck me do we need this?