August 20, 2017, 08:27:10 PM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
The Everton Forum / Re: Players on loan 17/18
« Last post by MmmBlueRamirez on 1 minute ago »
Has the word panache ever been used before to describe a Warburton side?

Warburtons Panache.

The finest Artisan Loaf.
The Everton Forum / Re: Ross Barkley
« Last post by Tinga on 13 minutes ago »
Jews are a race now?
General Football Chat / Re: 2017-18 Today's football
« Last post by Shogun on 16 minutes ago »
Fingers crossed!

Hope they both go down in this first half, Jesus Christ.
The Everton Forum / Re: Players on loan 17/18
« Last post by Jimmywhack on 19 minutes ago »
Has the word panache ever been used before to describe a Warburton side?
« Last post by Lincs Toffee on 27 minutes ago »
So Ross Barkley ???
« Last post by TheRam on 32 minutes ago »
Wow.

People are desperate to shoehorn race debates into anything these days.

« Last post by mikey_blue on 33 minutes ago »
I'm not doing a line by line of every chairman in the league. Obviously some are cunts and have treated their clubs terribly. Though I do wish you were right and that was what BK was known for.

Look I'm not accusing anyone on here of racism. This idea that Levy is tight with money is one that's taken hold across the nation, and people here are just parroting it without thinking about its roots. My view is that it’s a lazy view that’s been applied because of a couple of key events and then stuck because it conforms to a longstanding stereotype of Jews being tight or good with money… And Daniel Levy sounds Jewish and is Chairman of the “Jewish” club. So after a couple of deals like the Bale one, he developed a reputation as a hard negotiator and then the stereotype has stuck.

But the reality is he’s no more “tight” or a “harder negotiator” than most other Chairmen, except those ones in possession of ridiculous levels of wealth. Levy’s just not that rich. You know how it goes, people have massive confirmation bias and ignore facts that don’t align to their view of reality. So Levy spunks £32m on Sissoko, a ludicrously shite player at a ludicrously high price, negotiated horribly on the last day of the season, yet people still think Levy is tight and some master negotiator. He could even go do something idiotic like spend £40m on Ross Barkley with 12 months to go on his contract, and in 2 months there’d still be posts on here about him describing him as tight.

Frankly I’m surprised you don’t see it. It’s not like we live in some post-racist society where some people don’t hold negative views or stereotypes about Jews.

I'm out. I've got a Klan meeting to attend anyway.
General Football Chat / Re: 2017-18 Today's football
« Last post by Goaljira on 35 minutes ago »
Can see Newcastle really struggling this year.

Championship team with an ultra negative cheque-book manager.

Fingers crossed!
The Everton Forum / Re: What to do with Besic?
« Last post by Bob Sacamano on 41 minutes ago »
I'd sooner have a proper defender as defensive cover and a proper midfielder as midfield cover. It's been 4 years now, we can do better.
« Last post by Bob Sacamano on 43 minutes ago »
I'm not doing a line by line of every chairman in the league. Obviously some are cunts and have treated their clubs terribly. Though I do wish you were right and that was what BK was known for.

Look I'm not accusing anyone on here of racism. This idea that Levy is tight with money is one that's taken hold across the nation, and people here are just parroting it without thinking about its roots. My view is that it’s a lazy view that’s been applied because of a couple of key events and then stuck because it conforms to a longstanding stereotype of Jews being tight or good with money… And Daniel Levy sounds Jewish and is Chairman of the “Jewish” club. So after a couple of deals like the Bale one, he developed a reputation as a hard negotiator and then the stereotype has stuck.

But the reality is he’s no more “tight” or a “harder negotiator” than most other Chairmen, except those ones in possession of ridiculous levels of wealth. Levy’s just not that rich. You know how it goes, people have massive confirmation bias and ignore facts that don’t align to their view of reality. So Levy spunks £32m on Sissoko, a ludicrously shite player at a ludicrously high price, negotiated horribly on the last day of the season, yet people still think Levy is tight and some master negotiator. He could even go do something idiotic like spend £40m on Ross Barkley with 12 months to go on his contract, and in 2 months there’d still be posts on here about him describing him as tight.

Frankly I’m surprised you don’t see it. It’s not like we live in some post-racist society where some people don’t hold negative views or stereotypes about Jews.

No mate. You asked for another chairman know for being a tight arse so I gave you four. Whether you've enlightened me and brought my confirmation bias to my attention is beside the point.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10