March 25, 2017, 03:41:25 PM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
The Everton Forum / Re: Coleman badly injured
« Last post by eyesalwaysblue on 1 minute ago »

A credit to the club and the game get well soon lad....
« Last post by Bluebridge on 2 minutes ago »
So because of one very nasty, isolated incident you are comparing the Welsh football team to the clogging that went on in the 80s. I've just been on the BBC have your say page on this and some of the comments by the English and Irish are frankly ridiculous - calling for a life time ban for Taylor, a prison sentence. I'm as fucked off as anyone that one of our best players has been injured like this. Itnwasnt like Eoy Keane on Inge Haaland where he admitted he went out to end his career.
LOL, i need glasses, I read that as dogging  lolol
« Last post by Polledreng on 8 minutes ago »
Yes. Don't ask me how but he did.
He was a british citizen so he could have played for any of the home nations, but choose Wales (probably because of the Everton links in that team). Hope there is a few talents among the houndreds of brits who has taken up a Danish citizenship to avoid the problems brexit will give them on the continent
« Last post by pjk on 9 minutes ago »
Pat Van den Hauwe and how he played for Wales.

International career[edit]
As a player with British citizenship born outside the UK, eligibility rules of the time meant that Van Den Hauwe qualified to play for the national football team of any of the four Home Nations—England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. Van Den Hauwe spurned offers from England under Bobby Robson and Belgium under Guy Thys to represent Wales, having been recommended to Mike England by Everton team-mates Kevin Ratcliffe and Neville Southall. It was often speculated in the press that Van Den Hauwe had made this decision because he had Welsh ancestry, but according to his autobiography this was not the case. "No parent or grandparent—or even great grandparents—of mine were Welsh", he wrote.[6]

Van Den Hauwe made his international début for Wales in a 1986 FIFA World Cup qualification – UEFA Group 7 game versus Spain which ended with a 3-0 victory at the Racecourse Ground on 30 April 1985.[6]

His last game for Wales came on 26 April 1989 in a friendly 2-0 loss against Sweden, also at the Racecourse Ground.[7]
« Last post by Bluedylan on 13 minutes ago »
I remember seeing us lose Southall to a bad injury in a Rep of Ireland vs Wales game in March '86 (ish) at the same venue.

Gutted for our Seamus but he will come back stronger

It's a bit different with a keeper, and an all action fullback whose entire game relies on running and whose best attribute is his ability to get up and down the line relentlessly. Can't believe what's happened to us this season with Bolasie and Seamus. Everything else is going so positively, but those two events have cast a shadow over things.
« Last post by TheRam on 14 minutes ago »
Yes. Don't ask me how but he did.

So they had half of our title winning backline and Ian Rush up top.

Some team that
« Last post by Goaljira on 15 minutes ago »
So because of one very nasty, isolated incident you are comparing the Welsh football team to the clogging that went on in the 80s. I've just been on the BBC have your say page on this and some of the comments by the English and Irish are frankly ridiculous - calling for a life time ban for Taylor, a prison sentence. I'm as fucked off as anyone that one of our best players has been injured like this. Itnwasnt like Eoy Keane on Inge Haaland where he admitted he went out to end his career.

Exactly.  It was a bad tackle, but no more.  The one from Huddlestone last weekend could have been as bad if Gueye's leg had been positioned differently or had a different weight balance on it.  As could Ross' tackle in the derby this season.

Bad tackles can be accidental, they can also be meant.  Some players go in to some challenges with the intention of roughing up a player, as looks the case here, but I don't believe for a second Taylor made the challenge with the intention of seriously injuring Coleman.
« Last post by TheRam on 15 minutes ago »
Struggling to think of a way to blame Martinez for this, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Get better Seamus. We love you.

Did Martinez bring Taylor through at Swansea?

There's your starting point
« Last post by griff969 on 17 minutes ago »
I remember seeing us lose Southall to a bad injury in a Rep of Ireland vs Wales game in March '86 (ish) at the same venue.

Gutted for our Seamus but he will come back stronger
« Last post by Ell Capitan on 17 minutes ago »
Struggling to think of a way to blame Martinez for this, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Get better Seamus. We love you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10