April 27, 2018, 08:06:16 AM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
I actually think everything he says and does implies he does want to be here

It's contractual. Nothing he has done suggests growth, development or planning for next season.

Nobody wants to be in a job where they aren't well liked, not if they can get nearly the same money for not doing it.
Anyone have unsworths ppg? Wonder where wed have finished under him.
Hes not doing anything to get sacked during the season though.

The results have been sufficient to see out the season and (hopefully) part ways as were after someone more progressive.

We really would look a bit daft to most people in the game if we sacked him now for doing an ok job.

A DoF is more important to get in first and most managerial options will be still in their current job anyway.

Yeah I was thinking this, cant realistically sack him on the basis of uninspiring home wins and being a generally dislikable tit.

If at the end of the season we part ways and say we want to go in a new direction Im sure few would argue.
That is just so not true. Our deserved draws feel like loses and our close wins against shitty teams feel like draws b/c we have high expectations. But we are a full 16 points above the relegation zone now -- and the gap is likely to get larger by season's end as we will play some pretty bad teams over the next three weeks. We were never in danger of being relegated, and pretending like we were now, when we are fully 16 points above the relegation zone, typifies the sort of irrational fear that led to the hiring of Allardyce in the first place.

Holding Everton to a higher standard is right and good; but making overly dramatic assessments of the team that are, frankly, untethered from reality is entirely counterproductive.

Our performances have been dreadful. Hammered by Watford and palace under unsworth and we got 4 points. Didnt deserve more than a draw on the opening day either. In fact we were shit every single game under Koeman.

I struggle to think of many games where we deserved more than we got. Feel free to enlighten me though
If you tallied our deserved points up wed probably be relegated

I do also question how great that West Ham performance was. A few big moments went for us otherwise I think we might even have managed to throw that away from 2 nil. We were all over the place second half they missed a pen and we scored from our own half. Think we were in trouble had either of them not happened

Weve not been in full control of a game all season. Weve been utterly dreadful. Hence Im not overly confident it wouldnt take much to get us 7th

That is just so not true. Our deserved draws feel like loses and our close wins against shitty teams feel like draws b/c we have high expectations. But we are a full 16 points above the relegation zone now -- and the gap is likely to get larger by season's end as we will play some pretty bad teams over the next three weeks. We were never in danger of being relegated, and pretending like we were now, when we are fully 16 points above the relegation zone, typifies the sort of irrational fear that led to the hiring of Allardyce in the first place.

Holding Everton to a higher standard is right and good; but making overly dramatic assessments of the team that are, frankly, untethered from reality is entirely counterproductive.
Quite agree. The game has changed. Tactics from the 80's and 90's like fat face uses have had there day. The Guardiolas, kloppe's  and pochettino's of the world can easily overcome old school methods. Get with the program.
General Football Chat / Re: 2017-18 Today's football
« Last post by Shogun on 2 hours ago »
Absolute shite Koscielny
Hopefully moshiri baited him with a few home truths and Sam being Sam didn't take it too well and spewed out all the rancid bullshit that comes out from him when he gets challenged. With any luck that made moshiris mind up that he has to go.
Just to clear everything up could you possibly post the minuets of the meeting so that we can debate all points discussed?
..................I don't think there was any dancing mate   :snigger:
Our next manager has to be younger than Wenger and LVG with fresh ideas as the game has progressed, those two have been fantastic in their day but now we need the next Pep or Potch to ignite the new generation over four or five years. Time to move on, off with the old, on with the new.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10