April 30, 2017, 11:43:13 PM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
The Everton Forum / Re: Everton v Chelsea
« Last post by Shogun on 2 seconds ago »
Barkley and Lukaku, as usual, every time we don't win 4-0. They're definitely the problem.

It's kind of weird isn't it.

You'd think the reaction would be "Imagine how good these would be if they had players better than Enner Valencia, DCL and Kone around them"
« Last post by eyesalwaysblue on 3 seconds ago »
Different player to Alli, playing in a weaker team. He hasn't gone backwards. People asked him to be more consistent, he has been. People asked for him to run and tackle more, he has done. Now he needs to add a few more goals and assists, but that can still come. He's not just going to perfect his entire game in one go.
with Alli i meant in rating as far as England team selection sorry missed that out, i love the lad and hope he stays
and boss's it
« Last post by Bluedylan on 2 minutes ago »
Yay
Barkley Arguments again

Barkley and Lukaku, as usual, every time we don't win 4-0. They're definitely the problem.
« Last post by Jimmywhack on 2 minutes ago »
Yay
Barkley Arguments again
The Everton Forum / Re: Besic
« Last post by Silas on 6 minutes ago »
Good opportunity for him to play in the last few matches, especially if Morgs is out.

His aggression would be good to see when the rest of the team may well be apathetic.
« Last post by Bluedylan on 7 minutes ago »
i know what you mean but he was up there with Alli but has gone backwards, we blamed Marttinez understandably
so he's got fit under Koeman and got back to where he was before but not kicked on yet, hope he does but he may just not be
top drawer

Different player to Alli, playing in a weaker team. He hasn't gone backwards. People asked him to be more consistent, he has been. People asked for him to run and tackle more, he has done. Now he needs to add a few more goals and assists, but that can still come. He's not just going to perfect his entire game in one go.
« Last post by dazfrancis on 9 minutes ago »
He's not and never will be the creative hub of the team but this season and past few years he's had to be.

It's one of Davies or Barkley for me, with a genuine creative player alongside and pace on the other forward.

I'm not sure sure what kind of player you see Barkley as?

Creating chances is one of his strengths.

He definitely isn't a box-to-box player like Davies
« Last post by eyesalwaysblue on 10 minutes ago »
Wouldn't you say that putting a number of months of good form together and being our most consistent player since the start of the year, bar a couple of games, counts as an improvement? Prior to that, he was getting benched or taken off, so it's palpably not true to say that there's no improvement. There's a marked improvement.
i know what you mean but he was up there with Alli but has gone backwards, we blamed Marttinez understandably
so he's got fit under Koeman and got back to where he was before but not kicked on yet, hope he does but he may just not be
top drawer
« Last post by Ridge on 11 minutes ago »
We had a few promising opportunities early on but nothing to get them worried.

It's the type of game we need a Mata or Sigurdsson to play that defence splitting pass or produce a bit of magic. Barkley for all his industry doesn't have that in his locker very often, if at all. I'd take either of those in replacement if he decides to go. It's what we desperately need.

They were playing for title, sphincters were on high alert.

Both would improve us, but on another day Barkley would have done better than both. I don't think Mata would have got much of a look in today, he's much more useful in possession and further forward than we had possession. I know Sigurdsson's stats suggest otherwise, but I don't really think of him as a creative player, he's more a second striker like Cahill or Lampard with late runs into box. But he's on set pieces and puts in some crosses. Good big fish in a smaller pond.

Think it's arguably the most important role in the PL, players like Hazard, Eriksen, Silva, Ozil are the level we should be aiming for in terms of creativity.
The Everton Forum / Re: Kingsley Coman
« Last post by Mayor Farnum on 12 minutes ago »
Kingsley Coman? Used to go dogging there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10