June 23, 2018, 11:44:43 AM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
General Football Chat / Re: Russia 2018
« Last post by Cods on 5 hours ago »
Has anyone changed their mind on VAR?

I was always in the give it a go and see how it goes camp, as I was largely in favour of it. Personally, I think it's brought far more positives than negatives.

I'd not say it's a perfect system, but neither was the current way of doing things.
Think mainly it has been good. Can see that it can cut down on mistakes (Neymar pen) but can also provide the ref a chance to make another mistake (Risdon pen) when the decision was correct on the first place.
« Last post by Ross on 6 hours ago »
By whom?

Letís look at this.

Left foot- Messi granted

Right foot- Ronaldo by a mile

Headers- Ronaldo by a mile

Speed- Ronaldo

Goal scoring records- pretty much even although I think Ronaldo shades it.

Honours won- Ronaldo

Can play different positions and systems- Ronaldo

BMT- have to say Ronaldo

Longevity: Ronaldo

Taking a penalty for your life: Ronaldo

Free Kicks: Messi

Two players streets ahead of almost anyone previous to them but Ronaldo wins it. Messi is lovely to watch granted but Ronaldo is the more complete, better player.

Is this all from June 2018 Con or balanced over boths career?

Iíd have Messi as the best Iíve ever seen and Iím sure like yourself weíve both seen Maradona, he couldnít head a ball like Ronaldo and his hounours list ainít great either, but he was awesome.
The Everton Forum / Re: Lozano
« Last post by Waltzer on 7 hours ago »
Maybe Barca want to buy him and sell him to us like they did Deulofeu.
Can't see it,  Deulofeu was a youth team product that had potential,  they loaned him to us originally and he showed glimpses, not much else,   Lozano is a regular in a top European team, not really comparable
The Everton Forum / Re: Lozano
« Last post by Confucius on 8 hours ago »
If BarÁa are really in for him then staying at PSV isn't an option (as was stated in that interview).

They may have made tentative enquiries as I'm sure they do for lots of players. Even if it's just to register an interest in case the player really blossoms and they face competition from Madrid etc.

Maybe Barca want to buy him and sell him to us like they did Deulofeu.
The Everton Forum / Re: Summer signings
« Last post by Shogun on 8 hours ago »
Milinkovic Savic is Serbian anyway. The Croatian replacement for Modric is probably Kovacic, who's already at Real Madrid, as a replacement for Modric.

Not sure Kovacic will stick around there that long.
The Everton Forum / Re: Summer signings
Someone you've never seen or heard of just because he's the best Croatia have got to replace modric? He could be crap! Most likely he is compared to modric.
Who replaced George best in the NI team? Who replaced Southall in the wales goal?

It want anything more than a who is the guy. Not anything else...  BD answered the question though.

Thanks BD. Thatís who I was thinking about.
The Everton Forum / Re: Funes Mori gone
................ @Brownie20 has already posted that Williams has got problems and won't play for anyone anytime soon. He's got a punctuated lung apparently. Sorry Brownie  :snigger:

Yeah not playing anytime soon, full stop
« Last post by blueToffee on 8 hours ago »
Has anyone changed their mind on VAR?

I was always in the give it a go and see how it goes camp, as I was largely in favour of it. Personally, I think it's brought far more positives than negatives.

I'd not say it's a perfect system, but neither was the current way of doing things.
The Everton Forum / Re: Funes Mori gone
« Last post by velimski on 8 hours ago »
According to the echo the fee is 9.5 million,  which considering he's an Argentinean international with 2 years left on his contract is pretty s**t imo, but it's done now I suppose!

£9.5m is more than enough for a player that can't get into the worst Argentinian defence in living memory.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10