September 25, 2017, 03:00:34 PM

Author Topic: Is the squad better than last season?  (Read 6465 times)

July 27, 2017, 04:35:34 PM
Read 6465 times

Realist

Right now I'm saying no, until we replace Lukaku's goals
Even if it's on par, we've got more risks with unproven players
Barkley gone without a replacement
I'm not massively optimistic about next season, everybody around us is also spending money too & making good signings
Now to top it off we're on the hunt for James Collins!
Same old Everton?

deCoubertin

July 27, 2017, 04:39:12 PM
Reply #1

Jamokachi

I was going to type a proper reply, then thought...

July 27, 2017, 04:40:29 PM
Reply #2

Cereal Killer

Not yet, but there's still plenty of time left in the transfer window.... ask the same question again once it's closed

July 27, 2017, 04:41:31 PM
Reply #3

Realist

I was going to type a proper reply, then thought...

I'm not being miserable I'm being a realist

July 27, 2017, 04:41:41 PM
Reply #4

Macca77

Yes it is.

Next question..

July 27, 2017, 04:42:06 PM
Reply #5

Realist

Not yet, but there's still plenty of time left in the transfer window.... ask the same question again once it's closed

Doesn't look very promising tho does it?

July 27, 2017, 04:42:42 PM
Reply #6

Jamokachi

no, you're being a miserable cunt

July 27, 2017, 04:44:22 PM
Reply #7

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
End of the day we're still going to see plenty of Barry, mirallas, DCL and Stek so it can't be the light years ahead some think.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 27, 2017, 04:44:36 PM
Reply #8

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

HAHAHAHAHAH
I have to return some videotapes.

July 27, 2017, 04:45:46 PM
Reply #9

Realist

no, you're being a miserable cunt

Nothing miserable about it, misery is an emotion, this doesn't involve emotion, it involves opinions, and that's mine. Sorry you don't like it and thanks for your input

July 27, 2017, 04:47:49 PM
Reply #10

Ross

Not yet no.

We've done some decent business in the back line and it should help shore up the 6th tightest defence of last season but we still look a defender short. But the gaping hole left by Lukaku up front and as far total neglect of any creative input is a big worry.

If the two big targets arrive, Sigurdsson and Giroud, I'd say at best we've stood still because they're clearly lesser players to the two they'll have replaced.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 05:03:09 PM by Ross »
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 27, 2017, 04:50:11 PM
Reply #11

Realist

Not yet no.

We've done some decent business in the back line and it should help sure up the 6th tightest defence of last season but we still look a defender short. But the gapping hole left by Lukaku up front and as far total neglect of any creative input is a big worry.

If the two big targets arrive, Sigurdsson and Giroud, I'd say at best we've stood still because they're clearly lesser players to the two they'll have replaced.

I agree but think Sigurdsson is better than Barkley, Giroud is a terrible replacement for one of the best strikers in the Prem

July 27, 2017, 04:51:28 PM
Reply #12

Jamokachi

Nothing miserable about it, misery is an emotion, this doesn't involve emotion, it involves opinions, and that's mine. Sorry you don't like it and thanks for your input

any time

July 27, 2017, 05:03:53 PM
Reply #13

Gash

Global Moderator
Doesn't look very promising tho does it?

You do realise it's the 27th of July today, not the 27th of August?

July 27, 2017, 05:19:15 PM
Reply #14

Bluedylan

Yep, can't be assessed til the end of the window. Pointless thread at this stage.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.