September 25, 2017, 03:04:18 PM

Author Topic: Is Koeman the right man for the job?  (Read 7905 times)

September 10, 2017, 08:45:02 PM
Reply #390

Marky Mark and the funky

It's easy to point at someone and say it's their job to make something happen. However, if the task is 'make pigs fly' and you then berate them for not immediately succeeding, you probably aren't being very realistic with your expectations.

Making pigs fly isn't that unreasonable a request if you were allowed the necessary tools to achieve it. Koeman has loaded the piggies onto a plane and even taken off, the problem is his plane is missing a landing gear and doesn't seem to know which direction to fly in order to reach a useful destination anyway.

deCoubertin

September 10, 2017, 09:18:29 PM
Reply #391

Rodenplav64

Great players , Van Basten , Gullitt , Koeman and Ronald De Boer . Shite managers .......................and in answer to the question I don't think so .

September 10, 2017, 10:34:54 PM
Reply #392

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Making pigs fly isn't that unreasonable a request if you were allowed the necessary tools to achieve it. Koeman has loaded the piggies onto a plane and even taken off, the problem is his plane is missing a landing gear and doesn't seem to know which direction to fly in order to reach a useful destination anyway.

The destination should be my dinner plate via the butchers.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

September 10, 2017, 10:39:17 PM
Reply #393

eyesalwaysblue

Great players , Van Basten , Gullitt , Koeman and Ronald De Boer . Shite managers .......................and in answer to the question I don't think so .
Koeman is similar to Souness..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 11, 2017, 04:13:09 AM
Reply #394

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Think you've missed the metaphor there mate. Flying pigs as in pigs with wings who can control their flight, not pigs as air freight. The point being the board and Mosh can't hold guns to players heads to make them come to us, they can offer money (allowing for FFP) but players can still say "no" which is beyond their control. I was countering the idea that having more money means all the board need do is pop down to the footballing equivalent of Tesco and buy from their finest range. The suggestion they should have some sort of ultimate control of all the worlds best players just because Mosh has a few quid is laughable.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 04:19:15 AM by MrWhite »

September 11, 2017, 04:17:25 AM
Reply #395

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Could we tempt Potch from Spurs with that sort of money?
Unlikely. He and Spurs lucked into Harry Kane. Without him, their last few years (and Poch's enhanced rep) would have been quite different.

September 11, 2017, 04:14:33 PM
Reply #396

Marky Mark and the funky

Think you've missed the metaphor there mate. Flying pigs as in pigs with wings who can control their flight, not pigs as air freight. The point being the board and Mosh can't hold guns to players heads to make them come to us, they can offer money (allowing for FFP) but players can still say "no" which is beyond their control. I was countering the idea that having more money means all the board need do is pop down to the footballing equivalent of Tesco and buy from their finest range. The suggestion they should have some sort of ultimate control of all the worlds best players just because Mosh has a few quid is laughable.

Yeah I twisted what you said as an excuse to make a lame joke to be honest :P