November 25, 2017, 06:24:17 AM

Author Topic: [News]Moshiri: We will look to add more in January  (Read 7142 times)

September 01, 2017, 02:47:01 PM
Reply #45

Martip

No but I never thought we would be top 4 this season. You have to remember where we are coming from compared to the top 4/6. Never played in the Champions League, small stadium we did not have a pot to piss in 18 months ago. It will take time.
[/quote
I understand what you are saying but we have an opportunity now surely ? With a proper top quality striker and a bit of pace  we could have had a go....by not we 've almost accepted that's it's not possible. Agree 18 months ago we had nowt but in reality the recruitment hasn't changed in that it's sell to buy with minimal net spend which is contry to what we were told about there being significant funds available. Let's not forget that if barkley had gone through we d have been in profit again. Same old same old for the last 18 months I'm afraid.

deCoubertin

September 01, 2017, 02:53:04 PM
Reply #46

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
You also have to consider the time a poster joins  the forum surely ? Inbetween a very poor Chelsea loss where we didn't look in the same league and a terrible end to a transfer window where we did not complete the most glaring of objectives. In the period I've been on this forum there has been no realpositives to write about however ill be happy to jump on the happy bandwagon when theres something to smile about  :)

Well if you had joined when we had Richard Wright in goal, Per Kroldrup at CB,Hottinger at RB, Nyarko as midfield dynamo (when he wasn't telling the fans to fuck off) and goal ace Brett Angell up top you would be doing cartwheels right now. nod

September 01, 2017, 02:56:00 PM
Reply #47

Martip

Not really.... some people have unrealistic expectations and I have no problem with those people being told that is the case....
People have opinions and sometimes they are uninformed or just flat out wrong. The fact that you believe it doesn’t make it any more valid or worthwhile, and nobody owes your viewpoint any respect simply because it is yours.
I don't think anyone gives a monkey's about other posters respect do they ? Surely all about debate.

Let's bring this back a little....the major point raised by the 'wums' is that we have failed to land a striker when needed..... for me this is not debatable and I would be more concerned that fans are accepting of this rather than questioning it.

September 01, 2017, 03:00:31 PM
Reply #48

Martip

Well if you had joined when we had Richard Wright in goal, Per Kroldrup at CB,Hottinger at RB, Nyarko as midfield dynamo (when he wasn't telling the fans to fuck off) and goal ace Brett Angell up top you would be doing cartwheels right now. nod
Bloody right.

The point I am making is that people questioning the hierarchy of the club dordnt make them any less of a supporter. For example i bet when Martinez was here some were probably supporting him and some were probably slagging him off....neither were more or less supporters but the negative posters would have been correct on that occasion however I assume they were called wums and kopites etc ?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 03:01:39 PM by Martip »

September 01, 2017, 03:03:49 PM
Reply #49

dangermouse

I don't think anyone gives a monkey's about other posters respect do they ? Surely all about debate.

Let's bring this back a little....the major point raised by the 'wums' is that we have failed to land a striker when needed..... for me this is not debatable and I would be more concerned that fans are accepting of this rather than questioning it.

Well a debate this isnt. You dont win a debate by repeating yourself over and over. If you offer no additional information or basis for your argument the debate is over. At this point you just start pissing people off and you will quite rightly be called out for it.
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

September 01, 2017, 03:04:02 PM
Reply #50

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Bloody right.

The point I am making is that people questioning the hierarchy of the club dordnt make them any less of a supporter. For example i bet when Martinez was here some were probably supporting him and some were probably slagging him off....neither were more or less supporters but the negative posters would have been correct on that occasion however I assume they were called wums and kopites etc ?

Like I said , open season on the Hierarchy and management if we are failing miserably in January but not after two games regardless of whether we have signed a striker or not.

September 01, 2017, 03:06:31 PM
Reply #51

Martip

Like I said , open season on the Hierarchy and management if we are failing miserably in January but not after two games regardless of whether we have signed a striker or not.
Your opinion which is fair enough. Ill agree to disagree.

September 01, 2017, 03:07:25 PM
Reply #52

oscar

How fucked would we be without him now

September 01, 2017, 03:08:16 PM
Reply #53

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
You can't "agree to disagree" unless the other party also does so  :snigger:

September 01, 2017, 03:09:41 PM
Reply #54

Lincs Toffee

I may be guessing here, but I think we may have actually had strikers lined up to replace Rom, now for one reason or not they have decided not to join us, how can that be the fault of Moshiri/Walsh/Koeman or Kenwright. We can't force people to come here, we can offer them what appears to be an attractive future with a club that is only going in one direction and a decent salary too and that's about it.
I am sure if we wanted a 'striker' we could have easily gotten one, but why waste money on an ill fitting piece of an almost complete jigsaw?
We have 4 months now to try and find those few remaining pieces and I'm sure that enquiries will be made sooner rather than later...I am more than happy we haven't spunked away millions on a Troy Deeney type player, although also gutted we didn't find our Giroud, but I am sure we will and until then I will get behind whatever 11 is on the pitch.
“I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.” - Dixie Dean

September 01, 2017, 03:10:26 PM
Reply #55

Martip

You can't "agree to disagree" unless the other party also does so  :snigger:
Not saying you can but I'm judtvsaying I'm prepared to  ;D

September 01, 2017, 03:10:45 PM
Reply #56

sam of the south

That's a very good point.

Probably still with Martinez at the helm, no money, mid to lower half of table, no Lukaku or Stones, but maybe still Barkley and Deulofeu.

Awww, a happy Barkley and a loveable but unproductive Deulofeu  :hug:
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 01, 2017, 03:22:37 PM
Reply #57

Waltzer

I find this difficult to answer as there are pros and cons. He has had an influence on the club but im yet to see anywhere were his contributions havent directly benefited him as much as the club. To summarise:

Hes cleared off our debt, but thats with a personal loan to himself, so he hasnt really cleared the debt
Hes secured a new ground, with no funding from himself, he just has the collateral and contacts to make this happen
He bought the Liverbird building, then filled it with the new sponsor that he got for the club

Dont get me wrong I think the above is great for the club and will help us in the long run immensely and without him we wouldnt be in such a good position, but I think we need to accept he isnt as rich as we hoped, he isnt going to plough millions of his own wealth into us, as indicated in the transfer market as our net spend (and yes I know that annoys people) isnt any bigger than under Kenwright, who by his own admission doesnt really have any money.

Moshiri is first and foremost a business man and we are very much being ran like a business which is great for stability, but I was hoping for a big fat oligarch to propel us to the next level and im unsure if we will get there with him as the majority shareholder?

September 01, 2017, 03:25:35 PM
Reply #58

Martip

I find this difficult to answer as there are pros and cons. He has had an influence on the club but im yet to see anywhere were his contributions havent directly benefited him as much as the club. To summarise:

Hes cleared off our debt, but thats with a personal loan to himself, so he hasnt really cleared the debt
Hes secured a new ground, with no funding from himself, he just has the collateral and contacts to make this happen
He bought the Liverbird building, then filled it with the new sponsor that he got for the club

Dont get me wrong I think the above is great for the club and will help us in the long run immensely and without him we wouldnt be in such a good position, but I think we need to accept he isnt as rich as we hoped, he isnt going to plough millions of his own wealth into us, as indicated in the transfer market as our net spend (and yes I know that annoys people) isnt any bigger than under Kenwright, who by his own admission doesnt really have any money.

Moshiri is first and foremost a business man and we are very much being ran like a business which is great for stability, but I was hoping for a big fat oligarch to propel us to the next level and im unsure if we will get there with him as the majority shareholder?
Spot on imo

September 01, 2017, 05:01:59 PM
Reply #59

TheTone

Embarrassing going on the telly like that, twice now

Fucking celebrity owner