November 25, 2017, 06:23:28 AM

Author Topic: Ra(p)tings vs spuds  (Read 1665 times)

September 10, 2017, 01:06:35 AM
Reply #15

bacon sarnie

Pickford - 3 - Thought he had a mare. Poor positioning on the first goal. Parried the second into the middle of the box.

Martina - 2 - can't header a ball. Can't defend. Puts in a few crosses that amount to nothing.

Keane - 4 - No understanding with Williams.

Williams - 3 - Always gets caught.

Baines - 6 - nothing bad, amazing how much better we play when we actually give him the ball.

Schneiderlin - 4 - What was he doing today?

Gana - 5 - didn't really notice him.

Klaassen - 4 - knows he's struggling and it's not helping him.

Sigurdsson - 5 - good when we actually get him in the game.

Rooney - 5 - Lots of hustle, not a lot else.

Sandro - 4 - Shouldn't be starting yet.

Subs:

Davies - 6 - Did Okay.
DCL - 7 - The only player we have that plays like an actual striker. Makes runs, holds it up, attacks crosses.
Vlasic - 6 - Solid cameo

Koeman - 0 - Learned nothing from the Chelsea game.

Glad you can be arsed rating them after that but fair do's - spot on, especially Koeman.

deCoubertin

September 10, 2017, 03:07:56 PM
Reply #16

oztoffee

I agree and disagree with everything said here...except Pickford getting a battering. Honestly we were comprehensively outplayed in every position....they were far ahead of us technically, movement-wise and game plan. If we played that game again straight after, we would have lost by more than 3.
There is definitely something not right about the whole setup. How can the players we have, (arguably far better than last season) be so outplayed?
What would you do if you came home and found Alex Young in bed with your wife?
Cover him up so he won't get cold!

September 10, 2017, 03:25:24 PM
Reply #17

everton1952

Difficult to understand how Koeman should have picked such an imbalanced team. The blame is entirely on him. Having said that the new signings Klassen and Sandro should have been subbed in the first half. They are completely out of their depth. Tine will tell, but I would give them 2 each for turning up. A 6 for Cucina who had a good 1st half raiding effectively down the wing. but with no wide player in front of him he was exposed in the 2nd half. A 5 or 6 from me. Their 1st was a fluke, so harsh on Pickford who had a shambolic defence in front of him. Williams was an awful signing.

September 10, 2017, 04:09:17 PM
Reply #18

april

Just watched the highlights. Spurs are miles ahead of us in every way, but that is not an excuse. Get the fuckers in for extra training this morning - there's a lot of work to do.
Toffeegirls Rule.

September 10, 2017, 04:36:10 PM
Reply #19

Marky Mark and the funky

September 10, 2017, 04:40:45 PM
Reply #20

School of Science

DCL must start when fit, I know it's a big ask, but he is the only striker that is an aerial threat and has surprising pace and work rate. From what I have seen of Sandro, he is a support striker / wide player right now.

When Koeman first came I remember him saying the team was imbalanced, loads of wingers. Now it seems the opposite, loads of central midfielders and number 10's. Fans including myself are blaming Cuco, yes he isn't very good, but the space on our left hand side was unbelievable. Where was the right sided midfielder / winger ? He was fighting a losing battle from the first whistle.

The team was badly set up and imbalanced, the fault of that must lay at the feet of Koeman. We looked a little better when Vlasic came on, a bit of pace and directness, he looks like he can take a man on, something this team us crying out for. Next game drop one of the number tens,play Vlasic wide right, DCL centre forward and give Holgate the right back birth.

Could we try 4 4 2.

Pickford
         Holgate.      Keane.                        Jagielka.      Baines

Vlasic.         Gana.          Schneiderlin.       Sigurdsson

Rooney.           DCL.
 Or Rooney could be played just behind the striker, for me we look unbalanced trying to shoehorn Klassen and Sandro in the same team.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 10, 2017, 07:01:52 PM
Reply #21

Macca77

Pickford - 4 - decentish

Martina - 1 - possibly the worst defender we've had at the club, hes clueless and would struggle to get into a champions team

Keane - 4 - Will improve with Jags along side him

Williams - 2 - just fuck off

Baines - 5 - one of our better performaners

Schneiderlin - 4 - Doesn't look fit to me, slow

Gana - 5 - ran about a lot, thats pretty much it

Klaassen - 4 - struggling with the pace of the premier league, trying to hard to force things

Sigurdsson - 5 - ok

Rooney - 5 - ok, the yellow card shows his frustraton

Sandro - 4 - not happening for him, struggled

Davies - 5 - ok i suppose

DCL - 6 - some good runs, hes gonna be some player

Vlasic - 5 - decent

September 11, 2017, 02:18:35 AM
Reply #22

john e

Utter crap all 4's except for Williams again :headbang: minus for him, for the life of me can't see why he plays! useless Ba**ard

September 11, 2017, 02:37:29 AM
Reply #23

SANA_DR0

only players that where any good where,

keane, pickford, gana, baines who got 5's
Dcl got a 6. no one else did anything of any note.

regarding Martina, ok he cant defend, i know he put in crosses, but they where frucking aimless,, we had no one in the box, 3 number tens outside the box with sandro dropping off too, so wtf is the point of Martina crossing it in? i guess Koeman played him for his attacking/crossing, but whats the point when no one is in the fucking box,

stupid tactics by Koeman. his rating should be lower than Martinas.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

September 11, 2017, 04:31:43 AM
Reply #24

boothill

pickford 5.5 made a couple of good stops
martina  4 surely young johnjo ? should get a chance
keane    4.5 bullied all afternoon
williams  4  what can you say
baines   5 cant see him lasting the season
gana      5 overrun by spurs energy
schneiderlin 5 same as gana, seemed lost
klassen  4 didnt even know he was on pitch,invisible
sigurdsson 5 got in a few decent positions but blew them
rooney     6 our best player on the pitch,feel he is carrying the rest with his desire alone
sandro  5 just not clicking at the moment for him
subs davies, dcl and vlasic get 5.5 each, they did liven things up a bit when they came on
these are rankings imo, we will all have different opinions of saturday, but thats the worst ive seen us play at home for ages
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 04:35:14 AM by boothill »

September 11, 2017, 06:37:01 PM
Reply #25

Django

NSNO Subscriber
It's going to take time for the players to gel together and start understanding each other's game. After the 1-1 at City I was hopeful we could pick up some points in these tough fixtures and cement a place in the top half before knocking the crap teams over with the run up to Christmas.

It's not been that simple.

I think Koeman needs to seriously look at his methods at present. As it's been stated earlier he's not learning from the games we've lost i.e. Chelsea 16 and 17.

3 number tens didn't work for Martinez and it certainly won't work now. It leaves the attack bereft of any pace and makes us to easy to nullify.

I'd be starting Lennon down the right and rotating between Lookman, Vlasic and Mirallas on the left to give us some natural width and give teams more to think about and pray Bolasie still remembers how to play footy.

Everyone who is slating Martina needs to realise that when you play against top teams and give your full backs zero cover - if they're not at the level of Leighton Baines or Seamus Coleman then this will inevitably happen. I actually feel sorry for the lad, the same would of happened to Kenny or DCL if they'd played there. Don't understand the managers approach to games against the bigger teams, it's all very Moyes-esque at times.

September 11, 2017, 06:58:31 PM
Reply #26

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yet in this he was actually too attack minded in his team selection given that he played the more attacking RB and 4 attackers, essentially, in the front positions.

September 11, 2017, 07:08:52 PM
Reply #27

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Yet in this he was actually too attack minded in his team selection given that he played the more attacking RB and 4 attackers, essentially, in the front positions.
Loves reading your posts..... always spot on.......  :thumbsup:

September 11, 2017, 08:07:18 PM
Reply #28

SANA_DR0

i understand what your stating, but those attacking options where wrong, they helped us create nothing attacking wise, even the right back that was played due to being more attacking,, didnt create chances, if he wanted a proper attacking right back he would play kenny... that front 4 cant play together, they all occupy the same spaces, so to me, that is not attacking at all, things can be glossed over, ie playing 4 attackers and an attacking right back, but you have to look at what they have created, not just saturday but previously.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

September 11, 2017, 08:16:56 PM
Reply #29

School of Science

Too many square pegs in round holes for me, DCL has to start, I know he's young but we need a centre forward, tall, quick and athletic, no one fits that bill better than him. Would also like to see Vlasic given a chance on the right, seems to be able to run with the ball and again he seems quick. We just seem to be overloaded in midfield. Fans were having a go at Cuco for having a mare, correct he did but the space in front of him was astonishing, Spurs noticed it and had a field day down their left. We looked disjointed Koeman must sort this out asap and drop one or two of his number tens.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15