September 20, 2017, 04:23:08 PM

Author Topic: Atalanta vs. Everton  (Read 7919 times)

September 10, 2017, 06:21:10 PM
Reply #15

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Obviously not.

The fact that not one of their players is even slightly known suggests that they shouldn't be dominating anything against us.

They finished 4th last season.

They're obviously ok.

I saw them away at Napoli two weeks ago and they played 3 at the back, tended to sit deep, then hit it up to a target man ( :eh: ) and then bring in their wider players.

Didn't come across as a possession team but then that was away at a better side.

They were 0-1 up and could have put the game to bed but ended up losing 3-1.

September 10, 2017, 06:26:42 PM
Reply #16

BlueBeagle

September 10, 2017, 06:34:45 PM
Reply #17

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
How many do you know?

Why does that matter?

I'm not the one who's completely writing them off.

I know they finished 4th last season and heard very positive things.

Just because you don't know much about them (and I'm not professing I know much about them myself here) doesn't mean they should just be written off.

You did the same with split and they troubled us and we ended up buying one of their players.

September 10, 2017, 06:42:06 PM
Reply #18

Ravardo

Atlanta v everton i thought it was a piss take thread...weve sunk that far we're now playing against the city under the sea

September 10, 2017, 06:51:19 PM
Reply #19

Ross

I'd be very surprised if he did

Why? It's pretty common practice from most managers now.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 10, 2017, 07:43:49 PM
Reply #20

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Why? It's pretty common practice from most managers now.

Because RK has said a number of times how important Europe is for us. We have to give it our best shot. We are a team who are needing to gel, both as units and overall. First game in the group stages away to a struggling team. We need to beat them and get some confidence up. You don't do that by playing your reserve keeper. Stek will play against Sunderland.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 10, 2017, 07:57:12 PM
Reply #21

cantoffee

They finished 4th last season.

They're obviously ok.

I saw them away at Napoli two weeks ago and they played 3 at the back, tended to sit deep, then hit it up to a target man ( :eh: ) and then bring in their wider players.

Didn't come across as a possession team but then that was away at a better side.

They were 0-1 up and could have put the game to bed but ended up losing 3-1.
So they play like us but we don't have the target man or wide players?

September 10, 2017, 08:06:24 PM
Reply #22

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Saw this thread and was about to write an angry post asking why we were going on a mid-season break for a friendly in America.

September 10, 2017, 08:19:30 PM
Reply #23

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
No stand out individuals  doesn't mean they aren't good as a team
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

September 10, 2017, 08:28:34 PM
Reply #24

Shogun

Administrator
They're obviously a good team.

Lost Kessie from last season but he wasn't a particularly irreplaceable player despite his talent.

Ilicic is one to watch out for. Lanky talented effective bastard who tends to turn up in some of the big games. Plays behind the striker and a bit like Sigurdsson, actually.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 10, 2017, 09:58:09 PM
Reply #25

SANA_DR0

dreading facing Atlanta, most of the best Italian players along with most of the under 20 upto the under 23s come from Atlantas youth system.

we are going to get royally fucked V Atlanta, Unless we swap the team around and play lots of youth, who show desire, which a lot of our players lacked v spurs.

September 10, 2017, 11:01:04 PM
Reply #26

GrantyBoy78

Why do you think they'll dominate the ball? They look shite
We're shiter? Haha

Italian team at home and amidst all the talk of cohesion, formations and team selections - there have been times this season when we've struggled to string 2 or 3 5 yard passes together.

September 10, 2017, 11:17:04 PM
Reply #27

Ravardo

Its a shame we're not playing the game under the sea as thats just about the pace we could handle at the mo

September 10, 2017, 11:27:14 PM
Reply #28

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
To be fair I can imagine this game will be quite slow paced. Might suit us.

I can see us having lots of the ball and Schneiderlin having it lots. I'd play Tom Davies because he's very positive with the ball and shouldn't have too much defensive responsibility on Thursday. Charged with more the job to receive the ball off Schneiderlin and get it to Rooney / Gylfi's feet in the final third for them to make something happen.

I'd play some combination of rooney, gylfi, Vlasic and Klaassen.

Not 100% on RB, I'd say Martina again and play Holgate v United.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 10, 2017, 11:32:13 PM
Reply #29

SANA_DR0

we should have used the europa games to bed in our foreign players like Sandro and Klaassen, should have used dcl and davies in the high tempo prem league games..

surely Koeman knew this.