December 16, 2017, 10:46:28 PM

Author Topic: Everton V Hajduk Split  (Read 14502 times)

August 18, 2017, 08:45:49 AM
Reply #675

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Marina and Lookman reminded me of Stevens and Steven...
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

August 18, 2017, 12:53:13 PM
Reply #676

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Was impressed with us getting in a announcer to read out their team.

Normally we go for someone who says their names and translates their numbers in to the appropriate language.

In this case the announcer settled for saying the numbers in English with an Eastern European accent.

August 18, 2017, 01:22:38 PM
Reply #677

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
There was that one from Rooney.
And a great save from Lookman .... allthough he was offside...

August 18, 2017, 01:24:19 PM
Reply #678

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Was a good game to take the grandson and daughter to for a first game and a mate from work who ain't been since he was a kid ....got a bit loud in the Bullens but we gave as good as we got off the Split fans 😅😅...
Great first half ...second was a bit edgy but loads of positives ...Martina was better yet again as was Lookman (although he gave it away a bit) ...great night to be at Goodison.
Happy for you. Great evening and it sounds as though you all escaped from the lunatics near you

August 18, 2017, 01:45:28 PM
Reply #679

Paddockoldie

Good performance I thought. 2 goal lead is minimum what we needed I felt. Would have been nice to have got another but I fancy us to get through as we are a superior side

Michael Keane is the man isn't he. Solid as a rock, a proper fighter, yet good on the ball too

Pickford - Love him

Gana Gueye, everywhere tonight as per usual

Really pleased with Lookman, made up to see him start and he looked good going forward. Has lots to learn but he is such an exciting prospect

Most assured performance I've seen From Cuco Martina, a few good crosses in and seemed much happier receiving the ball

Baines was class as ever

Rooney continues to impress

Squad is looking healthy now too and Gylfi Sigurdssons missus is just lovely

Why when reading that did I hear it like Ron Manager off the Fast Show?

August 18, 2017, 01:46:01 PM
Reply #680

Macca77

Second half was very shit, how many times were we caught offside

August 18, 2017, 01:47:01 PM
Reply #681

Rodenplav64

Decent first half against an average side but far too many missed placed passes . Dropped off the pace second half and faded near the end to the extent were a better team would have got one back . Pickford was excellent and it looks like he may be over his Sunderland nightmare though .

August 18, 2017, 02:08:12 PM
Reply #682

ally2

Really pleased with that and Everton in general.  Can't wait to see what is to come.

August 18, 2017, 02:11:30 PM
Reply #683

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Second half was very shit, how many times were we caught offside
Didnt mean to like . Meant to say that on two occasions at least offside would not have been given by anther Lino.

August 18, 2017, 02:27:56 PM
Reply #684

Lxxx

August 18, 2017, 02:28:52 PM
Reply #685

Macca77

Massive shout out to the police and stewards for sorting this so quickly
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 02:30:02 PM by Macca77 »

August 18, 2017, 02:32:40 PM
Reply #686

Ramjam

Great first half however not putting the tie to bed in the second half I feel that we have given them a wee bit of hope going into the return fixture next week. They had a couple of half chances as well as a passing game
 Happening in the second half so they will have their tails up in hostile surrounding, we need to score first.

By the way has the Hajduk fan been back on to give an explanation about their fans behaviour or perhaps an apology for getting in wrong
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

August 18, 2017, 02:32:58 PM
Reply #687

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
There seems to be a lot of evertonians on my twitter timeline defending Klaassen for all the stick he's getting

...yet no one actually giving him any stick

As a new player to the league I'm quite happy for him to take a little bit of time to settle in and realise that he will gel more with the team as he plays more games

Even then though, he set up DCL's goal against Ruzomberok, made space for Rooney to score against Stoke and had a hand in both goals last night

Well in Davy, regardless of whatever stick you may or may not be getting!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

August 18, 2017, 02:38:50 PM
Reply #688

Macca77

What was the attendance?

August 18, 2017, 03:17:33 PM
Reply #689

TheTone

What was the attendance?

32148 plus one shit singer off x factor