December 15, 2017, 06:48:14 AM

Author Topic: Tottenham versus Everton  (Read 29954 times)

October 23, 2010, 09:23:46 PM
Reply #225

Father Mcnulty

Over the 90 minutes, 1-1 was a perfectly fair result. I'd have taken it before kickoff, so alls good.

With regards to Howards mistake, any goalkeeper error gets highlighted a million times more than an outfield player. It's easy to forget how  many times he's kept us in games, and only focus on the negatives. He's a great keeper who made one misjudgement. I don't see that error as him losing us 2 points though, if Spurs didn't score then I think they'd have pulled one back at some point.

At what point does Mucha get a go though?
That's not the first massive howler Howard has made this season. It will be on Moyes' mind.

October 23, 2010, 09:32:45 PM
Reply #226

Tinga

solid defensive display again, bar howards error. great free kick from baines. good shift by yak though judging by the ice pack, he must have taken a knock to the ankle. would have taken a point at the start of play considering our record there, so pretty satisfied.

We where very dodgy at times.

October 23, 2010, 09:34:28 PM
Reply #227

Blueney-tunes

Starting with 1 striker is fucking gutless and getting boooring.

The Yak (God bless him) running about like a chicken needs a give an go partner not wait for a cross from Baines or a hoof from Neville.
We play dreadful football.

As for Mucha getting a match you can do one! Howard has a clanger whooptee doo!? we should have more goals to compensate those unfortunate mistakes.

October 23, 2010, 09:35:27 PM
Reply #228

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Thats a good point for us. Had very little going forward and they were hardly troubled. jags was great today as was Distin.
Not sure what the Heitinga complaints are about. he cut out so many attacks, won lots of headers. kept vd Vaart quiet all game
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 23, 2010, 10:22:19 PM
Reply #229

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
I view you as points dropped.

Out of all the comments I've had on here directed at me that is by far the worst.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

October 23, 2010, 10:25:05 PM
Reply #230

Bluenosebolt

pound for pound, It was a great result today, If Howard hadnt gifted the goal away it may have been far worse for us, Tottenham have had an incredible 2 seasons and have punished far better teams than us, Say they went in at second half being a goal down, they have the players to destroy defences and the shaved guinea pig would have had them literally playing us off the park, Luckily enough they went for the long ball to crouch every single time and our defences were fantastic today and stopped the very direct threat. I am very drank right now and am very very pleased with the result, cant really see how anyone can complain...it could have been far worse. I for one will now enjoy the rest of the weekend.
I don't believe you could manage all my jelly

October 23, 2010, 10:32:01 PM
Reply #231

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure why Im seeing so many people giving credit to Yak. I thought he was bloody awful today.Heitinga, Distin and Billy were too. With that many players out of sorts, and key players like Arteta missing I think it was a good point for us today.  When you see the number of chances Spurs created, with players running thru midfield to attack with the ball, and the movement of it, you see the gulf in class between the two teams in an attacking sense.

Shame about Howards clanger but hey ho, steady point won.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

October 23, 2010, 10:35:23 PM
Reply #232

Bluenosebolt

Not sure why Im seeing so many people giving credit to Yak. I thought he was bloody awful today.Heitinga, Distin and Billy were too. With that many players out of sorts, and key players like Arteta missing I think it was a good point for us today.  When you see the number of chances Spurs created, with players running thru midfield to attack with the ball, and the movement of it, you see the gulf in class between the two teams in an attacking sense.Shame about Howards clanger but hey ho, steady point won.

A gulf in class in the monetory sense too though, We are more Stoke than Spurs in that department these days.

October 23, 2010, 10:38:46 PM
Reply #233

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber

A gulf in class in the monetory sense too though, We are more Stoke than Spurs in that department these days.

True, but money doesnt always equal a gulf in quality visible on the pitch - take MC for instance, theyve outbought us for years now and Newcastle have in past years, but there hasnt been a noticeable gulf in quality. Spurs have a very nice attacking team brewing imo. Even though Bale looks like Pug from the Beano.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

October 23, 2010, 10:43:37 PM
Reply #234

Bluenosebolt

True, but money doesnt always equal a gulf in quality visible on the pitch - take MC for instance, theyve outbought us for years now and Newcastle have in past years, but there hasnt been a noticeable gulf in quality. Spurs have a very nice attacking team brewing imo. Even though Bale looks like Pug from the Beano.
[/b]

LOL
fair enough but we havnt played citeh yet and Newky beat us, Look Im all for HOPING we do well against the so called money teams but I am also realistic, as I said Pound fer Pound, we looked good today, yeah mistakes were made but to get a point at white heart lane is, On any day a great point.
IMIKT
*in moyes i kinda trust

October 23, 2010, 10:43:56 PM
Reply #235

Derek

dunno what most of this chat is about. did we all watch the same game?
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

October 23, 2010, 10:50:15 PM
Reply #236

RICH

How do you feel about Howards clanger?

Do you think he needs to be dropped?

He's too old to learn new tricks so to speak, so I don't think dropping him is going to cut out the sloppiness really, but Mucha is a very experienced keeper and highly capable. Do we go with Howard because he's a fans favourite or do we punish him for making too many errors?

Last year, Howard was pretty poor, and we conceded far too many goals. This year, he is costing us points through school boy errors. Yes, he is popular, but Mucha will also be popular given the chance to shine.

Is this too many mistakes for Moyes to ignore? Mucha must be thinking his chance has come now.

one mistake in 4 games and you want him dropped why and defo not for mucha he has very poor the times i have seen him play for slovakia

October 23, 2010, 10:57:45 PM
Reply #237

evertonjoe

From what I've seen Mucha is a top shot stopper but is very erratic. If we're trying to avoid conceding goals from keepr errors I don't really think he's the way to go.

R.A.P Music

October 23, 2010, 11:30:31 PM
Reply #238

Alan Harper

I for one will now enjoy the rest of the weekend.

This
Zico

October 24, 2010, 12:12:36 AM
Reply #239

bluestevie

We where very dodgy at times.

dodgy? how? apart from distins slip and howards error i can't think of any other occasion where we were dodgy . care to enlighten?
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson