December 15, 2017, 10:41:38 AM

Author Topic: Tottenham versus Everton  (Read 29957 times)

October 24, 2010, 02:34:46 AM
Reply #240

Bluenosebolt

If we as evertonians always look to the negatives on our performances I fear for our sanity. Today was a point well deserved, there are now many many better equiped teams in the premier league.
We are no longer a heavy weight in this league and should bask in the glow for any points well earned whether it be one or three. Spurs and other champions league teams should be destroying teams like ours (according to sky et al) but we dug deep with our meagre budgets and bargain basement players (also sky opinion) and grabbed a very nice point. Enjoy it ffs.
I don't believe you could manage all my jelly

October 24, 2010, 04:00:07 AM
Reply #241

johnj

Howard cost us so should be dropped simples. Second time this season. Mucha may not prove to be bettter but we need to stick to simple form principles.

October 24, 2010, 04:11:11 AM
Reply #242

johnj

Jags played brilliant today, Pienaar played great as Arteta's replacement and really tried hard to keep us moving. Yak's first touch was really poor, he didn't kick on from the derby. We didn't do enough to win. Heitinge was poor, kept moving too deep but not picking up his man. We missed Fellaini defending in the centre and left big gaps for Spurs. We were lucky they didn't punish us. Neville did a very good job on Bale though. Saha and Beckford not up with the pace of the game when they came on. But lucky enough to make me think we are now on a run.....

October 24, 2010, 04:44:48 AM
Reply #243

Father Mcnulty

I don't think being positive and applauding a 1-1 is offering a true reflection on todays game. Until we scored, we were playing like Barcelona. We scored, and went to sleep. Howard then had a moment, and the game changed.

We are better than Spurs. It is 2 points dropped. The day I'm thankful for a draw at Whitehart lane will be a sad day indeed.

October 24, 2010, 04:44:51 AM
Reply #244

Tasslehoff

It amazes me how different people can rate the same performance in different ways. Specifically Hetinga, I only saw numerous misplaced passes and cheap fouls. Others saw a better performance. I often wonder do others watch the player off the ball , the positions they take up and see the runs they don't make etc, rather than the ones they do. Can a player have a seeming poor game to the untrained eye yet really add more to the team performance than others with a more obvious impact?

October 24, 2010, 04:49:55 AM
Reply #245

chang

It amazes me how different people can rate the same performance in different ways

Just like the dancing on BBC, how can 3 of them score "7" and that miserable cunt on the end only give a "4"

:bonk:

October 24, 2010, 04:59:39 AM
Reply #246

Father Mcnulty

Just like the dancing on BBC, how can 3 of them score "7" and that miserable cunt on the end only give a "4"

:bonk:

Tell me you don't watch it just to perv at the dancers.  ;D I do.  :whistle:

October 24, 2010, 05:36:08 AM
Reply #247

evertonjoe

It amazes me how different people can rate the same performance in different ways.

You are very easily amazed.

R.A.P Music

October 24, 2010, 03:53:00 PM
Reply #248

Bluenosebolt

I don't think being positive and applauding a 1-1 is offering a true reflection on todays game. Until we scored, we were playing like Barcelona. We scored, and went to sleep. Howard then had a moment, and the game changed.

We are better than Spurs. It is 2 points dropped. The day I'm thankful for a draw at Whitehart lane will be a sad day indeed.

no were not mate, not at the moment....Hence they are playing in the champions league and were not even in the europa,

October 24, 2010, 05:48:24 PM
Reply #249

Father Mcnulty

no were not mate, not at the moment....Hence they are playing in the champions league and were not even in the europa,

Oh yes we are.  ;D

October 24, 2010, 05:53:45 PM
Reply #250

Bluenosebolt

hehe, ok  :cheers:

October 24, 2010, 10:14:07 PM
Reply #251

Jamokachi

Out of all the comments I've had on here directed at me that is by far the worst.

That's quite impressive on my part.