Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 78570 times)

November 20, 2017, 03:25:08 AM
Reply #1920

ally2

Happy with either Silva or Dyche, people seem to think we should be appointing some big name foreign manager but realistically speaking we aren't a big enough draw, there's been everything from Ancellotti to Someone to the Monaco manager mentioned in here, no wonder people turn their nose up at actual obtainable targets.

Got to be a joke in there.  Ironic that we don't have anyone

deCoubertin

November 20, 2017, 03:42:14 AM
Reply #1921

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Happy with either Silva or Dyche, people seem to think we should be appointing some big name foreign manager but realistically speaking we aren't a big enough draw, there's been everything from Ancellotti to Someone to the Monaco manager mentioned in here, no wonder people turn their nose up at actual obtainable targets.

Dyche is in 7th with Burnley, level.on points with Arsenal and only -3 goal difference less than them.  He's done a great job and fully deserves to be considered for a step up like us.

Silva looks the business, but he manages in the Premier League so suddenly he's not exotic enough, if he was managing in Germany everyone would be bigging him up as our saviour.  You want a young forward thinking manager who plays good attacking football? He's as good as we are going to get in that mold.

Hate all the negativity about candidates just because they don't manage in Germany

Out of the two, and if they were the only two available, I think I would feel safer with Dyche. We need stability and solidity. I don't see Silva offering that.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

November 20, 2017, 03:42:33 AM
Reply #1922

boothill

I tell you who I always thought would one day become our manager and sadly never will, and that's the late Gary Speed.
Was moonlighting for kennedys, reinstating outside his mum and dads house the day he signed for us. They were absolutely bouncing. Seen our gang with everton vests and caps on, asking us could we keep a secret. Amazing day that,  mobile phones wernt heard of, so secrets kept till 6pm

November 20, 2017, 03:55:49 AM
Reply #1923

Sixx1402

Silva was asked twice about his future by sky sports and bbc sport journos, he dodged the question both times, its fairly obvious his head has been turned, only a matter of time before we reach an agreement with Watford, he'll be in charge for the Southampton game

Yeah totally sounds like he wants the move but Watford are playing ultra hardball

Just read a report in the Telegraph that Watford would consider putting him on 'gardening leave' until the end of the season rather that release him from his contract?! (if he quits)

What?? Can they even do that? If so we've zero chance of getting him

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/11/19/marco-silva-refuses-end-everton-speculation-watford-consider/
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 03:57:12 AM by Sixx1402 »
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

November 20, 2017, 04:09:20 AM
Reply #1924

ajax_andy

Got to be a joke in there.  Ironic that we don't have anyone

Haha meant Simeone but stupid autocorrect made my point probably better 😂

November 20, 2017, 04:12:55 AM
Reply #1925

Gash

Global Moderator
Yeah totally sounds like he wants the move but Watford are playing ultra hardball

Just read a report in the Telegraph that Watford would consider putting him on 'gardening leave' until the end of the season rather that release him from his contract?! (if he quits)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/11/19/marco-silva-refuses-end-everton-speculation-watford-consider/

They were talking about this on MOTD this morning, saying that even if he resigns it might not be as simple as him do that and coming to us, as Watford would still hold his contract he might not be able to come to us even of he did resign.

Could all get very messy and be more hassle than it's worth.

November 20, 2017, 04:15:04 AM
Reply #1926

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

It's Watford, not much that club does would surprise me. The way they generally deal with managers it's surprising to a degree they're bothered...but maybe they always want things to be on their terms.

November 20, 2017, 04:15:10 AM
Reply #1927

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Everyone loses that way. Watford don't have a manager or any compensation. Silva has no job. And we will have wasted more time.

November 20, 2017, 04:16:43 AM
Reply #1928

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
They were talking about this on MOTD this morning, saying that even if he resigns it might not be as simple as him do that and coming to us, as Watford would still hold his contract he might not be able to come to us even of he did resign.

Could all get very messy and be more hassle than it's worth.

He could well have a period of notice even with a 2 year contract. Could be 6 months, 12 months, who knows. So we'd have to wait for that period to end or do the thing managers do when they've been sent off and give him a walkie talkie and a seat in the stands.

November 20, 2017, 04:19:05 AM
Reply #1929

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He could well have a period of notice even with a 2 year contract. Could be 6 months, 12 months, who knows. So we'd have to wait for that period to end or do the thing managers do when they've been sent off and give him a walkie talkie and a seat in the stands.

We can do better than that. We can set him up with a Skype account and he can manage from the armchair like most of us do.

November 20, 2017, 04:23:33 AM
Reply #1930

GrantyBoy78

If Watford have said a categoric ‘no’ then we need to look elsewhere, fucking sharpish.

November 20, 2017, 04:34:08 AM
Reply #1931

Sixx1402

Everyone loses that way. Watford don't have a manager or any compensation. Silva has no job. And we will have wasted more time.

Which means if true that he definitely won't resign.

Which means we won't be getting him as Watford aren't going to agree to any sort of fee according to Sky.

I hope the board realise this  :Horse:
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

November 20, 2017, 05:56:26 AM
Reply #1932

therealdunc

What are the chances of Moshiri apologising to Allerdyce for being so slow to decide and offering him what he wanted?

I hope this happens as big Sam is very under rated, but not sure moshiri is the type to swallow his pride
Blue

November 20, 2017, 06:27:47 AM
Reply #1933

ally2

Wonder who Watford would go for? I don't really care from our sake but it could be an issue in stalling the deal rather than just cash alone.

November 20, 2017, 08:41:08 AM
Reply #1934

Evertonian in NC

We can do better than that. We can set him up with a Skype account and he can manage from the armchair like most of us do.

He can watch at my house, since I paid the $50 for NBC Gold.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin