0 (0%)
Barkley (Sub)
6 (12.2%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
2 (4.1%)
Jelavic (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Everton v Tottenham  (Read 51656 times)

November 03, 2013, 10:37:41 PM
Reply #690

Major Clanger

What about his inconsistency, McCarthy booked for a tug but Dawson gets away with his? Or the fact that even though he got the Coleman penalty completely wrong he never awarded us a clear corner?

I don't remember Dawson getting away with anything as blatant as McCarthy's.

The referee was shite but apart from the penalties, which have gone in our favour, his mistakes weren't anything worse than the average. Which says a lot about how dire referees are nowadays.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

November 03, 2013, 10:38:19 PM
Reply #691

Major Clanger

Townsend called the ref a fucking wanker.

Did he? Fair enough then.

November 03, 2013, 10:39:08 PM
Reply #692

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Starting Osman was a mistake.

It was but I could see why he did it. Didn't think Barkley was game changing when he game on though.

November 03, 2013, 10:40:00 PM
Reply #693

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Do you know what our players said and what theirs said? If so, please share. I don't so I can't judge those.

MC in I can't judge those shocker

November 03, 2013, 10:41:59 PM
Reply #694

steve81

It was but I could see why he did it. Didn't think Barkley was game changing when he game on though.
i thought he kept hold of possession where as osman kept losing it

November 03, 2013, 10:42:39 PM
Reply #695

Major Clanger

MC in I can't judge those shocker

Well, can you hear what the players are saying?

Either way, there isn't much to complain about, the referee was very far from costing us the game. We could throw our toys out of our pram about corners not given and Townsend not booked for dissent but we'd only look like kopites, and when the referee truly fucks us up, like they have done in the past, everybody will just shrug and say that we always moan about decisions anyway.

November 03, 2013, 10:43:11 PM
Reply #696

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
not game changing but pushes us further up the pitch
Simply simply lovely

November 03, 2013, 10:43:28 PM
Reply #697

Ross

I don't remember Dawson getting away with anything as blatant as McCarthy's.

The referee was shite but apart from the penalties, which have gone in our favour, his mistakes weren't anything worse than the average. Which says a lot about how dire referees are nowadays.

How about the booking for then Lukaku? The balls there to be won, there's nothing sinister or intentional from Lakuku all he's thinking about is getting  to the ball first and scoring, why did he book him?

As opposed to Solgado who clearly decided he's had enough of Jags being so close he decides he will intentionally hurt him, yet nothing happens even though the ref had a clear view of the incident.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 03, 2013, 10:43:54 PM
Reply #698

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
i thought he kept hold of possession where as osman kept losing it

Initially he did yes but I don't think he did much.  He had one decent shot, as did Osman and that was the summary of his contribution.

November 03, 2013, 10:44:19 PM
Reply #699

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Well, can you hear what the players are saying?

Either way, there isn't much to complain about, the referee was very far from costing us the game. We could throw our toys out of our pram about corners not given and Townsend not booked for dissent but we'd only look like kopites, and when the referee truly fucks us up, like they have done in the past, everybody will just shrug and say that we always moan about decisions anyway.

He was shocking tho mate. Yeah the pens evened out, but he seemed to book our players for not a lot whilst their players were getting away with murder.

November 03, 2013, 10:44:38 PM
Reply #700

Major Clanger

How about the booking for then Lukaku? The balls there to be won, there's nothing sinister or intentional from Lakuku all he's thinking about is getting  to the ball first and scoring, why did he book him?

No-one said there was anything sinister or intentional. It was simply dangerous play and it was reckless, which is an indirect free kick and a booking.

November 03, 2013, 10:45:33 PM
Reply #701

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
No-one said there was anything sinister or intentional. It was simply dangerous play and it was reckless, which is an indirect free kick and a booking.

Running isnt dangerous play.

November 03, 2013, 10:45:40 PM
Reply #702

Major Clanger

He was shocking tho mate. Yeah the pens evened out, but he seemed to book our players for not a lot whilst their players were getting away with murder.

He was crap but I've seen refs costing us games, luckily he didn't. Although it wasn't for lack of effort.

November 03, 2013, 10:47:13 PM
Reply #703

Major Clanger

Running isnt dangerous play.

Barging into someone when you have no chance of getting to the ball is though. And in general, anything that knocks a player out cold has to be dangerous play. If it isn't, what do we consider dangerous then?

November 03, 2013, 10:48:25 PM
Reply #704

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

While I agree overall the ref didn't cost us the game. There is no way you can call that dangerous play. Lloris slid into his path claiming the ball.