August 16, 2018, 05:16:56 AM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 76919 times)

January 30, 2018, 02:53:00 PM
Reply #1260

Ramjam

Fiminho dressing up again
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 30, 2018, 02:59:42 PM
Reply #1261

Lincs Toffee

Fiminho dressing up again
Nah his teeth aren't white enough
“I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.” - Dixie Dean

January 30, 2018, 03:31:56 PM
Reply #1262

Ramjam

Nah his teeth aren't white enough
He’s taken his caps off
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 30, 2018, 03:51:42 PM
Reply #1263

MmmblueBernard

He’s taken his caps off

OHHH NO HE HASN’T....
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

January 30, 2018, 03:56:14 PM
Reply #1264

GrantyBoy78

I heard a rumour WHU wanted £28m for Creswell. If that’s true then I can see why we’ve not pushed for a LB. We reek of desperation and teams want to bum us.

January 30, 2018, 04:09:11 PM
Reply #1265

Lincs Toffee

I heard a rumour WHU wanted £28m for Creswell. If that’s true then I can see why we’ve not pushed for a LB. We reek of desperation and teams want to bum us.
Swap for Schneirdelin ... now I'm not sure if that's a good deal or not actually
“I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.” - Dixie Dean

January 30, 2018, 04:16:39 PM
Reply #1266

Macca77

January 30, 2018, 04:35:07 PM
Reply #1267

dunkster

Yeah just read about west ham cooling interest. Still can't believe we have/may lose. Klaasen, Ramirez, Lookman mirallas and Lennon and only get tusan and Walcott in. If theo gets injured (which isnt unlikely) we've  lost virtually all attacking threat out wide.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

January 30, 2018, 04:35:52 PM
Reply #1268

Macca77

Silly season has started early, some twitter pleb claims that we're looking for a swap deal with Palace, Niasse for Benteke

January 30, 2018, 04:38:37 PM
Reply #1269

Waltzer

Silly season has started early, some twitter pleb claims that we're looking for a swap deal with Palace, Niasse for Benteke

Id be happy with that, why dont we ask for Zaha too!!? :)

January 30, 2018, 05:14:06 PM
Reply #1270

Lxxx

Id be happy with that, why dont we ask for Zaha too!!? :)

I'd even take Hodgson for Allardyce.

January 30, 2018, 05:50:32 PM
Reply #1271

hackersunite

For many years the club fought a hard fight each season. Little or no transfer budget to speak of but we still had class about us.
Now the club has a Billionaire backer and we have literally fallen apart. No consistency. A manager who stops the rot but only to prevent relegation. Players leaving either sold or on loan but little in the way of the required positions coming in. This transfer window like the summer has been terrible.
We need to get back to grassroots and play players where they are most threatening and a play that looks solid and not on the ragged edge, a manager that the fans can trust and have faith that the club will rise again. I can see this season being a mid-table finish which will be a miracle considering the start of the season.

Each time the Sky sports page pops up another player has been bought by another premier league team. What is Steve Walsh doing? Seems he like to go out on Jollys on the company and get nothing in return. Anderlecht’s Leander Dendoncker under consideration by Watford??? Thought he was an interest to us. I would have even had Deulofeu back just to add something to the squad. Koeman just didn't like him just like Barkley.

Preparing to get slated.............. 8)
it takes a second to make a friend, but a lifetime to keep one!!!

January 30, 2018, 05:58:42 PM
Reply #1272

KoemansNumberTens

Yeah just read about west ham cooling interest. Still can't believe we have/may lose. Klaasen, Ramirez, Lookman mirallas and Lennon and only get tusan and Walcott in. If theo gets injured (which isnt unlikely) we've  lost virtually all attacking threat out wide.

Lookman?? Where to?

January 30, 2018, 06:09:09 PM
Reply #1273

Macca77

Middlesbrough want Besic

January 30, 2018, 06:12:27 PM
Reply #1274

Glory

The summer window was horrible because we spent fuckloads on players we didn't exactly need. There was no consideration given to the wider picture, that being a squad/team rather than a bunch of individuals.

I am glad we haven't raced away and bought players (like Deondecker) without having a longer-term vision. For that to occur we need to bin Walsh and Allardyce, neither will provide the platform we need.

The January window is always a difficult time to buy and unless the right player comes along then we should just stick with what we have got. This season is effectively over, barring falling back into that relegation scrap (which we shouldn't).

I can understand your view and in part I agree. However I honestly feel we need a clean slate and therefore chasing bodies for rhe sake of it will not achieve anything.