December 14, 2017, 08:31:27 AM

Author Topic: Cuco Martina  (Read 2908 times)

September 24, 2017, 10:28:44 PM
Reply #30

Faceatthefence

Agree with all the comments regarding cuco,but the fact is koeman had a dilemma in Seamus,s injury an unproven kenny and holgate.With the qualifiers,pre season and tough league fixtures he had a decision to make.Knowing seamus would be back at some stage you needed a fall guy as cover and cheap,and that gentlemen is exactly what we got.
I also think holgate would have started at right back yesterday,if it wasnt for injurys to the centre backs.When everything is back to normal,an under contract cuco will bring in a few bob in the transfer market.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

deCoubertin

September 24, 2017, 10:31:00 PM
Reply #31

SANA_DR0

Yes he's shit. First he was shit, then he was good, now he's shit again. That was all in the last month I think.

i've never said Martina was any good, always seen him as championship player.

Kennys been ready fro a while, many knew this but they get shitted on, as Koeman knows best.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 24, 2017, 10:42:47 PM
Reply #32

Martip

Let's call a spade a spade. He's shit. What concerns  me more is that koeman managed him before so must have seen him play.

September 24, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
Reply #33

Realist

Agree with all the comments regarding cuco,but the fact is koeman had a dilemma in Seamus,s injury an unproven kenny and holgate.With the qualifiers,pre season and tough league fixtures he had a decision to make.Knowing seamus would be back at some stage you needed a fall guy as cover and cheap,and that gentlemen is exactly what we got.
I also think holgate would have started at right back yesterday,if it wasnt for injurys to the centre backs.When everything is back to normal,an under contract cuco will bring in a few bob in the transfer market.

September 24, 2017, 11:19:23 PM
Reply #34

Lxxx

I can see why he was bought, you can't go into a new season with two young lads at full back, one who had never played a first team game and the other who hasn't played that much more either and doesn't look comfortable there. It was a sensible signing for no money and probably very average wages. If Kenny forces him out of the side it's no biggie, just an experiment that didn't really work.

September 25, 2017, 07:36:27 AM
Reply #35

Jamokachi

imany knew this but they get shitted on, as Koeman knows best.

You have a real chip on your shoulder over this, don't you? No one has shitted on anyone for saying Kenny should get a shot. Some have aired on the side of caution, which is completley logical. Let's not forget that Galloway was "better than Baines" only a couple of years ago.

September 25, 2017, 08:05:47 AM
Reply #36

blueski

this might be unfashionable to say on here but after the last few games I don't think hes shit/wank or whatever you want to say about him

could you use some sort of extreme positive adjective? no. but shit? no.
Nil Satis

September 25, 2017, 08:19:53 AM
Reply #37

Jamokachi

I think he'd be more suited to playing as an actual right winger. We don't set up like that, so he wont.

September 25, 2017, 08:22:13 AM
Reply #38

bogie

You have a real chip on your shoulder over this, don't you? No one has shitted on anyone for saying Kenny should get a shot. Some have aired on the side of caution, which is completley logical. Let's not forget that Galloway was "better than Baines" only a couple of years ago.

the Galloway at left back shit most likely lost us a good young left back getting game time

look get it out of you head that Galloway is a left back he is not

and out of the 2 defenders we sent to sunderland the other lad is doing way better

September 25, 2017, 08:23:38 AM
Reply #39

Jamokachi

the Galloway at left back shit most likely lost us a good young left back getting game time

look get it out of you head that Galloway is a left back he is not

and out of the 2 defenders we sent to sunderland the other lad is doing way better

I'm not sure what your point is?

September 25, 2017, 08:24:34 AM
Reply #40

bogie

I'm not sure what your point is?

Galloway was never better than Baines at left back

September 25, 2017, 08:26:19 AM
Reply #41

Jamokachi

Galloway was never better than Baines at left back

I know... my point was a lot of fans got over excited by a couple of good performances at LB and proceeded to claim he should dispose Baines for good, which was a mad shout.

September 25, 2017, 08:28:11 AM
Reply #42

bogie

I know... my point was a lot of fans got over excited by a couple of good performances at LB and proceeded to claim he should dispose Baines for good, which was a mad shout.

lol yeah but they were on the roberto coolaid

September 25, 2017, 10:31:19 AM
Reply #43

bluenuck

this might be unfashionable to say on here but after the last few games I don't think hes shit/wank or whatever you want to say about him

could you use some sort of extreme positive adjective? no. but shit? no.

I agree totally. He is what he is. It's not shit and it's not great. He was free, and probably getting paid an average wage. And he's not the reason we can't create anything or the sole reason we leak goals at the back.

He's much better when we have 3 at the back because defence is probably his biggest weakness and going forward he's average. Which is exactly what we bought. No good right back would have signed for us and we needed one because no one really knew if Kenny was ready. If koeman didn't buy martina and threw in Kenny and He didn't work out the fans would have koemans head on a platter.

Koeman can't win with some people.

September 25, 2017, 12:13:58 PM
Reply #44

BlueBeagle

Kennys been ready fro a while, many knew this but they get shitted on

Many knew it how?

I guarantee at least half of those calling for him to play have never even seen the kid kick a ball.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 12:20:51 PM by BlueBeagle »