December 12, 2017, 06:56:54 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Arsenal  (Read 10777 times)

October 22, 2017, 02:09:24 AM
Reply #90

Heisenberg

Rooney has been one of our better players don't you know. We seem to struggle to know how to utilise him but he's not a major weakness or anything.

This is correct. But he makes us worse as a unit

October 22, 2017, 02:11:42 AM
Reply #91

gizzblue

Really don't get the lookman love in
He does well for five mins then disappears
Mirallas plays in fits and starts
Dcl isn't the answer, he Should be brought through over time rather than every game
Does sigurdsson want the ball? He want set pieces but he's hardly showing all game
Thing is given any amount time both those you mentioned would improve our shape as they did Thursday, Lookman and mirallas have largely been left out by Koeman while he opts for no width or pace ,while three players falling over each other as AMC ...as for Sig remove the Rooney wall and he will thrive ...as we have seen on the rare occasion he's been aloud the space as a ten .imho.

October 22, 2017, 02:12:35 AM
Reply #92

Martip

Team for me...pickford, Kenny, keane, jags, Baines, gueye, McCarthy, sig, vlasic, kev, Rooney.

Not the best but we don't have much to work with and holgate, Williams, Morgan, dcl need to sit this out as they have been dreadful for a while now.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 02:14:08 AM by Martip »

October 22, 2017, 02:16:02 AM
Reply #93

Martip

This is correct. But he makes us worse as a unit
He's terrible but better than dcl who brings nowt to the table yet at this level.

October 22, 2017, 02:16:21 AM
Reply #94

American Evertonian

McCarthy fit, worth a start?

It would give us a new formation....

Pickford
Holgate     Keane      Jags     Baines
            Gana      Schneiderlin
            McCarthy    Davies           
                    Rooney 
                      DCL

Would be the narrowest team we have ever put out.

Note - This is in no way the team I want.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

October 22, 2017, 02:20:18 AM
Reply #95

Evertonian in NC

It would give us a new formation....

Pickford
Holgate     Keane      Jags     Baines
            Gana      Schneiderlin
            McCarthy    Davies           
                    Rooney 
                      DCL

Would be the narrowest team we have ever put out.

Note - This is in no way the team I want.

Trying our hardest for a scoreless draw, that!  I wouldn't be surprised.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 22, 2017, 02:46:35 AM
Reply #96

Tony Clifton

Pickford
Holgate Keane Williams Baines
Gana
Lennon Davies Mirallas
Sigurdsson
DCL

Just throw this at the pitch, see if it sticks.  Doing that anyway isn't he?  Lennon is capable defensively in support of Holgate, as well as offering a bit of spark going forward.  If we're chasing it late on, then get Lookman on.  Or vice versa. 

October 22, 2017, 04:14:08 AM
Reply #97

eyesalwaysblue

Looking at the underwhelming options after the dosh spent it's fucking criminal.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 22, 2017, 04:47:03 AM
Reply #98

TSGun

Strangely confident of a good result in this game.

Arsenal are hardly setting the world on fire and have their own issues to contend with.

Despite the gloom surrounding us at the moment if we can muster an ounce of belief it's not beyond us.

October 22, 2017, 06:41:52 AM
Reply #99

gizzblue

Actually looking forward to this still, despite the shit webe been served up...I will be in the park end tomoz shouting blue murder ...as is the norm
COYB.

October 22, 2017, 09:58:23 AM
Reply #100

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Basically it's grim as Fuck isn't it?

We're not 1 or 2 players from sorting things out, we are miles off

It's sad like but I'm 34 years old. When I'm 68, which is double my age. Everton football club will have the same amount of honours, the only difference is that we might be a division or 2 lower

We're not winning fuck all again in the rest of my life. There's literally no reason to stick around, but I will do, like a Fucking mug with no light at the end of the tunnel to look forward to

It's basically totally shite being an Evertonian, they owe us all so fucking much but they never deliver
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 22, 2017, 10:00:10 AM
Reply #101

Cuttyblue

Expecting him to drop DCL after his lack of goals. Schneiderlin won't be playing, not will Kenny.

Pickford
Holgate Keane Jagielka Baines
Vlasic Gana Davies Sigurdsson
Niasse Rooney

I would absolutely love to see this type of lineup. NO SCHNEIDERLIN

October 22, 2017, 11:28:35 AM
Reply #102

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber

It's sad like but I'm 34 years old. When I'm 68, which is double my age. Everton football club will have the same amount of honours, the only difference is that we might be a division or 2 lower

We're not winning fuck all again in the rest of my life. There's literally no reason to stick around, but I will do, like a Fucking mug with no light at the end of the tunnel to look forward to

It's basically totally shite being an Evertonian, they owe us all so fucking much but they never deliver

FFS mate. Did you just find out you support Everton?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 22, 2017, 11:29:26 AM
Reply #103

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Seriously tho. Hope we playing 3 at the back. Let's get solid, let's get difficult to break down and let's hope we can score from a set piece.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 22, 2017, 11:40:15 AM
Reply #104

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

You had a drink Stealth? haha
I have to return some videotapes.