August 17, 2018, 02:19:15 AM

Author Topic: Niasse  (Read 38586 times)

December 31, 2017, 05:28:14 PM
Reply #645

KoemansNumberTens

Absolutely not having that DCL is better than Niasse. Niasse should be starting games

December 31, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
Reply #646

bogie

Absolutely not having that DCL is better than Niasse. Niasse should be starting games

hmm there is not much between them BUT

DCL will get better and will be here next season the other is at his best and will not be here next season

December 31, 2017, 05:50:51 PM
Reply #647

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think Niasse is as bad as he's been made out at times. He knew what he was doing with the assist yesterday. And if his through ball to Siggy was played by Rooney people would have given it more praise.

I think his role as impact sub, running at a tired defence, is the best use of him in our side.

December 31, 2017, 05:57:31 PM
Reply #648

KoemansNumberTens

hmm there is not much between them BUT

DCL will get better and will be here next season the other is at his best and will not be here next season

Obviously I'm the only 1 but I see absolutely nothing in DCL.

December 31, 2017, 06:09:41 PM
Reply #649

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

DCL is very average with an extremely poor strike rate, but has ploughed on as the loan striker for much of the season. Niasse's strength is coming off the bench though and shouldn't be starting. Ideally, neither should be starting but I'd sooner have Niasse coming off the bench than DCL.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

December 31, 2017, 06:13:02 PM
Reply #650

keverton1971

dcl offers absolutely nothing imo, niasse should be starting until tosun arrives

December 31, 2017, 06:25:21 PM
Reply #651

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

You're not the only 1.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

December 31, 2017, 06:46:35 PM
Reply #652

therealdunc

Potential and he puts himself about well for his age

Got a long way to go but letís be honest, neither DCL or Niasse should be anywhere near a premier league starting 11.
Blue

December 31, 2017, 07:05:49 PM
Reply #653

mikey_blue

Two different strikers too be honest. I'd agree with Niasse starting If we were getting the ball into the box more. The fact is, we're lumping the ball up to a striker to win something in the air, and our "attackers" are supposed to be contesting the second ball. Niasse won't be able to win half the aerial duals that DCL does. For that reason alone, it justifies his selection. If we somehow managed to play forward pass for a striker to run onto, or a low driven cross, then Niasse is the boy. Until then, DCL has the most thankless task in football.

Not a knock on him either. He's done a great job this season.

December 31, 2017, 07:19:31 PM
Reply #654

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
My theory is if you don’t think DCL has done a good job in a bad situation then you are very bad at understanding the footballs.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 31, 2017, 07:24:25 PM
Reply #655

KoemansNumberTens

My theory is if you donít think DCL has done a good job in a bad situation then you are very bad at understanding the footballs.

You might very well be right. I think he's been consistently our biggest problem and often our worst player in a very bad situation

I do accept there's a fair chance I'm stupid though.

December 31, 2017, 07:37:33 PM
Reply #656

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
You might very well be right. I think he's been consistently our biggest problem and often our worst player in a very bad situation

I do accept there's a fair chance I'm stupid though.

I donít think your stupid I think youíre right that the lack of an elite level striker in the prem will cause a team problems, especially when they play football like ours that revolves around hitting a big man and stretching defences.

I just donít think itís DCLís fault. In a better world he would have played half a dozen games or come off the bench, or in an even better world weíd have a team capable of giving this young man some chances at goal rather than lumping airballs at his neck with 3 defenders on his arse and no midfielders anywhere near him and expecting miracles.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 31, 2017, 07:38:36 PM
Reply #657

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
My theory is if you donít think DCL has done a good job in a bad situation then you are very bad at understanding the footballs.

He's done well, I don't think anyone's knocking the effort he's put in given the circumstances and his inexperience. In the long run, it will have helped him.

We just need someone who knows what the hell to do up there and to bring others into the game more.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

December 31, 2017, 07:43:48 PM
Reply #658

KoemansNumberTens

I donít think your stupid I think youíre right that the lack of an elite level striker in the prem will cause a team problems, especially when they play football like ours that revolves around hitting a big man and stretching defences.

I just donít think itís DCLís fault. In a better world he would have played half a dozen games or come off the bench, or in an even better world weíd have a team capable of giving this young man some chances at goal rather than lumping airballs at his neck with 3 defenders on his arse and no midfielders anywhere near him and expecting miracles.

I don't think it's his fault. He's worked hard and done his best. Just think he's well short of being a top flight striker at this time. He has moments. A great touch here and there but generally he doesn't do enough and his finishing is pretty inconsistent too. He should be out on loan in the championship rather than playing 40 games for us

December 31, 2017, 09:02:56 PM
Reply #659

Faceatthefence

I don't think it's his fault. He's worked hard and done his best. Just think he's well short of being a top flight striker at this time. He has moments. A great touch here and there but generally he doesn't do enough and his finishing is pretty inconsistent too. He should be out on loan in the championship rather than playing 40 games for us
If koeman and co would have taken care of business,DCL,Davies and Kenny would be part of a very strong bench
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.