August 22, 2018, 06:47:42 AM

Poll

Koeman in?

Yes
24 (23.1%)
No
80 (76.9%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Should we have kept Koeman?  (Read 3849 times)

January 14, 2018, 11:58:41 PM
Read 3849 times

Shogun

Administrator
No doubt that we were a mess under him this season, conceding a ridiculous amount of goals but when you look at where we've ended up since sacking him, would you rather we'd have just kept with him until he got his striker in January or are we definitely doing better now?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 15, 2018, 12:02:41 AM
Reply #1

fubarruk

I'd argue we'd be no better or worse off than we are now, he needed a striker.

At least with Koeman in charge I'd have a slice of optimism, Allardyce in charge offers absolutely nothing but mediocrity and boredom.

January 15, 2018, 12:06:05 AM
Reply #2

Simon Paul

Administrator
Can't wait to see how this one goes

I'm a no by the way

January 15, 2018, 12:06:42 AM
Reply #3

gizzblue

As much as I hate to say it ......frying pan to fire ...is us.

January 15, 2018, 12:06:51 AM
Reply #4

sam of the south

My god, no.

We would be sunk without trace by now, in my opinion.

He had no hold over those players whatsover.

And our players aren't that good to begin with anyway, so if they are also unorganised and unmotivated (like they were under Koeman) they were getting relegated.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 15, 2018, 12:10:26 AM
Reply #5

Mac934

:smug:cDefinitely not, we were going down and quickly under him. Don't know if it's a big improvement with who we have.
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!

January 15, 2018, 12:12:24 AM
Reply #6

everton1952

There was bound to be some "joker" no doubt tongue in cheek to ask this. We should have done everything to keep Moyes. That was the start of our downfall. Look at Moyes now. That is ridiculous I know, but in tune with the question, why not reply with something stupid? On the other hand Roberto was harshly dealt with, and the treatment of the fabulous Unsie was a disgrace.

January 15, 2018, 12:12:43 AM
Reply #7

Shogun

Administrator
Think about it though... all that's happened since is that we've continued to be shite away from home and continued to be shite against the top teams.

Pretty similar to Koeman. Granted we lost at home to Burnley but they are 7th this season and were flying at that point.

January 15, 2018, 12:13:20 AM
Reply #8

eyesalwaysblue

Yes without a doubt...genius.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 15, 2018, 12:13:32 AM
Reply #9

Shogun

Administrator
There was bound to be some "joker" no doubt tongue in cheek to ask this. We should have done everything to keep Moyes. That was the start of our downfall. Look at Moyes now. That is ridiculous I know, but in tune with the question, why not reply with something stupid? On the other hand Roberto was harshly dealt with, and the treatment of the fabulous Unsie was a disgrace.

Did Sam at least take you to dinner first this time?

January 15, 2018, 12:17:39 AM
Reply #10

everton1952

Not yet. I am waiting for when he wins us the PL and then what a feast that will be.

January 15, 2018, 12:17:58 AM
Reply #11

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I voted yes because we are about where I think we’d have been anyway, so this would be less upheaval.

I still want someone new in the summer like.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 15, 2018, 12:18:19 AM
Reply #12

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I'd argue we were never as bad under Martinez as we have been under our either Koeman, Unsworth or Allardyce, but that's another story.

Whilst the sacking was probably a bit premature for Koeman, he would have always been just a couple of losses away from the sack, he just wasn't the right fit and I'm glad we got rid, I do however think we should have binned Walsh off at the same time and stayed a million miles away from Allardyce.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 15, 2018, 12:27:16 AM
Reply #13

everton1952

I like Sam, there something about him.

January 15, 2018, 12:30:45 AM
Reply #14

School of Science

Moyes isn't doing bad at West Ham is he  ? Said at the time I would rather of had Moyes. One thing is for sure Koeman had to go and maybe Walsh right with him.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15