September 19, 2017, 08:39:02 PM

Author Topic: Sunderton /Everland  (Read 1788 times)

August 14, 2017, 09:20:39 PM
Reply #45

Macca77

He was clearly not good enough but if what he said in his interview was true, Martinez also fucked him over big time. He did well at Preston too.

What did he say / do ?

August 14, 2017, 09:26:25 PM
Reply #46

Major Clanger

What did he say / do ?

"From that point on to the end of the season Martinez kept saying 'This six months is just to get you acclimatised to the Premier League' and I was kind of OK with it. I only started two games but I'd be coming off the bench. But that summer I went away and came back in really good nick, flying.

"I had a really good pre-season and then scored in the first game against Leicester and then the next game I was on the bench.

"That was the story of Everton for me. I just couldn't get going. I had the odd good game, I had the odd bad game when I was starting but I could never get a run of games.

"I was kind of always on the bench. I used to go in and see him and ask what was going on. I would rather he had just told me, 'I'm not having you'. But he would say 'Aiden you can be this, you can be that'. You'd go in thinking 'I will go in and say this' and he would absolutely Jedi mind-trick you. I'd come out and think, 'I didn't say the things I wanted to say'.

"He'd come and say 'How are you Aiden? How's things?"

"I just couldn't get going. It's a big club but I just couldn't get going. You're trying to impress but I only started three games in a row once.

And also:

"He would encourage me when I saw him but I said to him 'I need to be playing because I've got the Euros. I can't be not playing or I'll lose my place in the Ireland team'.

"But he'd said: "Aiden the last few weeks in training you've been unbelievable" and I'd say: "That's good am I going to get a chance?" and he'd say: "Keep doing it, keep doing it".
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

August 14, 2017, 09:42:18 PM
Reply #47

Macca77

Martinez mind tricks..

August 14, 2017, 09:43:29 PM
Reply #48

MmmBlueRamirez

He was clearly not good enough but if what he said in his interview was true, Martinez also fucked him over big time. He did well at Preston too.

That man oozed bullshit for a living didn't he.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 09:45:27 PM by MmmBlueRamirez »
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 14, 2017, 09:49:14 PM
Reply #49

Gash

Global Moderator
Typical Martinez, serial liar and bullshitter.

August 19, 2017, 08:30:28 PM
Reply #50

Alanvideo

A chance to see our reserves and ex-players in action tonight v. Leeds on Sky. Rodwell ,Gibson and Oviedo back in contention for the Mackems . Matty Pennington injured.
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 19, 2017, 11:50:20 PM
Reply #51

Major Clanger

A chance to see our reserves and ex-players in action tonight v. Leeds on Sky. Rodwell ,Gibson and Oviedo back in contention for the Mackems . Matty Pennington injured.

And Eunan O'Kane.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

August 23, 2017, 06:59:48 PM
Reply #52

Marky Mark and the funky

I'm hoping our lads were just resting for their EFL cup tie against Carlisle. Not even on the bench.

Oviedo is back fit now so that might leave Galloway struggling for a place again...

Goals from a couple of very average players in Donald Love and Lyndon Gooch got them through btw, Carlisle had a lot of chances but the difference in quality was clearly visible.