September 25, 2017, 12:57:48 PM

Author Topic: All-Time EPL XI  (Read 859 times)

August 18, 2017, 04:31:21 PM
Reply #15

74Blue

Lampard for Viera and Henry for bergkamp and I'd be happy enough with that
Not too sure about that to be honest. Henry was brilliant, but Bergkamp was even better I think. Bergkamp made magical things happen.

August 18, 2017, 06:15:13 PM
Reply #16

Bluedylan

Bergkamp's a must. Genius with a football, no hyperbole.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

August 18, 2017, 11:31:35 PM
Reply #17

mikey_blue

I'm genuinely annoyed that Baines isn't in there as a full back.

August 19, 2017, 01:39:20 AM
Reply #18

Heisenberg

Peak Gerrard was much better than all the other center mids comfortably in my opinion

August 19, 2017, 06:53:34 AM
Reply #19

Jamokachi

Peak Gerrard was much better than all the other center mids comfortably in my opinion

Scholes > Gerrard, every single day of the week and twice on Sundays.

August 19, 2017, 04:03:20 PM
Reply #20

mikey_blue

Scholes > Gerrard, every single day of the week and twice on Sundays.

It's a tough one that. I think if you put Gerrard into a proper side, like the one Scholes was in, he would of been one of the best ever.

August 19, 2017, 05:17:47 PM
Reply #21

Heisenberg

Okay. I honestly think scholes is the most overrated player in history. Nowhere near Gerrard or Lampard

August 19, 2017, 06:12:15 PM
Reply #22

Bluedylan

Scholes was a brilliant player. Often cited as the English player that foreign players liked the most (people like Xavi and Iniesta).
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

August 19, 2017, 07:42:51 PM
Reply #23

ally2

I felt sorry for Scholes as he was treated appallingly for England. However I cannot indulge in the romance about him often handed out by ex pros and the like. He was a little shithouse who put in some horrendous tackles in his career which should never have been laughed off by many as they were. He could have easily ended numerous fellow professionals' careers. I also can't take to him because he doesn't have integrity. He shunned the media for his entire career then went beck cap in hand because he didn't want to pursue a hand-on role in football. I know he did a bit of coaching but it wasn't much.

Having said that I still think he was better than Gerrard - the archetypal all action brainless English midfielder.

August 19, 2017, 08:29:42 PM
Reply #24

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
It's an impossible selection, isn't it?

Shearer and Bergkamp are musts, but Rooney has to be in there, as does Ronaldo.

Even Beckham has to be in with a shout. Wow, what a ton of options.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

August 19, 2017, 08:37:42 PM
Reply #25

velimski

You could pick your 1st team, then your 2nd, then your 3rd, and make a case for your 3rd team being just as good as your 1st.

August 19, 2017, 08:43:13 PM
Reply #26

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Ended up with
Schmeichel
Neville Adams ferdinand Cole
Keane Vieira
Ronaldo Cantona bale
Shearer

August 19, 2017, 09:27:52 PM
Reply #27

velimski

Ended up with
Schmeichel
Neville Adams ferdinand Cole
Keane Vieira
Ronaldo Cantona bale
Shearer

Mines almost the same, only I have Terry not Adams, and Henry instead of Cantona.

Henry is the best player to play in the premier league imo.

August 19, 2017, 09:59:24 PM
Reply #28

Bob Sacamano

Honestly think Bergkamp should be in all of these sides. The defence is probably the hardest pick. Desailly is one of the finest defenders I've seen. I kinda think him and Stam would possibly be the best combo? Or could you have MD and Rio in the same side? I guess Ferdinand was that good he could be paired with anyone.

I think I'd have Neville RB with Baines LB. David Seaman was unbelievably consistent but I seem to remember him falling off a cliff toward the end. I also think Tim Flowers was a damn fine goalkeeper.

I'll try to put a side together, but I really struggle spelling their names.

August 20, 2017, 11:49:46 AM
Reply #29

Jamokachi

Okay. I honestly think scholes is the most overrated player in history. Nowhere near Gerrard or Lampard

Close the door on your way out.