November 21, 2017, 07:04:04 AM

Author Topic: You think our deadline day was bad... Spare a thought for Leicester  (Read 531 times)

September 06, 2017, 04:32:58 PM
Read 531 times

Robioto

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41118927

OUT: Danny Drinkwater
IN: Nobody... deadline missed by 14 seconds  :snigger:

Pretty harsh, I bet it wouldn't be so harsh if it was one of the so called big teams. But also quite amusing.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 04:34:03 PM by Robioto »

September 06, 2017, 05:26:02 PM
Reply #1

Ramjam

That could hurt their push to catch up to the magnificent  7
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

September 06, 2017, 05:57:24 PM
Reply #2

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Simply simply lovely

September 07, 2017, 01:49:53 AM
Reply #3

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
He'll sign

He already has, they're paying his wages. He just can't play until January.

September 07, 2017, 02:07:46 AM
Reply #4

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
He already has, they're paying his wages. He just can't play until January.
There you go then :)

Simply simply lovely

September 07, 2017, 03:34:20 AM
Reply #5

Ridge

It's a horrendous situation for the player and I hope that a decent resolution is found.

If transfer didn't go through, then clubs may well fight over the registration, in a who loves Homer more kind of way, could get ugly quickly. Leicester are going to be left in limbo without cover for Drinkwater for 6 months and the only courses of action will be to try and return him to Sporting to get money back or sit and wait it out.

As far as I'm aware, I would imagine transfers to be dependent on registering for the new club, so Sporting may have little choice than to accept him back and return money. I have the feeling if this was a Mbappe, Neymar, Messi type name, authorities would probably find a way to compromise.

September 08, 2017, 04:31:24 PM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Be a real jobsworth to stop him playing. I get there's rules in place but ffs they can be bent once in a while.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney