December 16, 2017, 05:19:47 PM

Author Topic: Interesting article...is it fair?  (Read 1545 times)

October 29, 2017, 04:07:43 PM
Reply #15

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I understand what you are saying mate but they have a history of winning quite a lot,and the stature of player is a lot different we are thinking about Unsworth Madrid had Zidane I know that's a bit unfair but for me it needs to change.

Not saying that we should or shouldnít have former players as managers. We should always aim for the best.

Some times the best will be external sometimes there will be scenarios where having someone who knows the club means that they will work better than a seemingly better external option.

But I meant that they have former players throughout the club from youth coaches to board members.

Thatís because they recognise the importance of putting across the clubís values, traditions and links to supporter expectations etc.

Fans are obviously the most continuous presence at a club but they very rarely have any say in decision making etc. Former players are the most representative alternative.

deCoubertin

October 29, 2017, 04:52:42 PM
Reply #16

Coyb12

You want Everton to become a standard faceless interchangable with one of 50 teams club? 

Me, I'm made up Everton is a family club who values its history and tries to do what it can for its former players if theyre qualified to do so.

I love what we do through EITC.  I love how well our former players speak of us.  I love how a lot of players and officials not connected to the club speak about us and how they felt when visiting Goodison.

Theres things that we've done that don't befit the clubs history, yes.  Moshiri's relationship with Jim White being one of them.  But to say its small time to potentially promote our U23 title winning coach who's in his third spell with the club, who talks so well and with such enthusiasm, who's done his badges and been away and learned the ropes elsewhere doesnt even get to be considered just because your gobshite mates might make a comment about it being 'small time'?  Fuck off.

You're just a fucking crank who if you won the lottery you'd moan it wasnt a rollover week.
I'm not arsed what you think I am,I am arsed we don't win fuck all and haven't for years,and you seem happy for our owner to go on telly and try to sell a player,fucking jim white how fucking embarrassing,Badges win fuck all niether will Unsworth, Ferguson loves Everton shall we make him boss or Reid or heath or Derek mountfield,have a look at the table have a look 20years back,Franny Jeffers couldn't wait to get out the club shit on us were is he said and then Baxter,fuck off dipshit.

October 29, 2017, 06:22:53 PM
Reply #17

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Just another condescending article,the walkthrough of our history over the last 50 years is nothing any half knowledgeable blue wouldnt know or care about.We as a club have reached the heights being the Merseyside millionaires under the Moores in the 60,s/70,s and a great manager in the 80,s.To get us out of this cosy mediocre media perception,we need a combination of both cash and leader as yet the two havent combined.
It wasn't just written for us. Are you aware of the background issues at Bournemouth over the last few years?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

October 29, 2017, 06:28:00 PM
Reply #18

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not arsed what you think I am,I am arsed we don't win fuck all and haven't for years,and you seem happy for our owner to go on telly and try to sell a player,fucking jim white how fucking embarrassing,Badges win fuck all niether will Unsworth, Ferguson loves Everton shall we make him boss or Reid or heath or Derek mountfield,have a look at the table have a look 20years back,Franny Jeffers couldn't wait to get out the club shit on us were is he said and then Baxter,fuck off dipshit.
It doesn't sound like you 'get' Everton. There is so much more to our club, to any club, than what you believe. It's a shame you can't experience it but when we improve there should be still be enough to keep you going for a while.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

October 29, 2017, 07:25:24 PM
Reply #19

Faceatthefence

It wasn't just written for us. Are you aware of the background issues at Bournemouth over the last few years?
Dont give a fuck about Bournemouth,there are enough issues here to keep me occupied
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

October 29, 2017, 09:23:07 PM
Reply #20

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Exactly my point people at Bournemouth probably don't care about us but the article is written for an audience who know little about other clubs.

October 30, 2017, 02:29:31 AM
Reply #21

Coyb12

It doesn't sound like you 'get' Everton. There is so much more to our club, to any club, than what you believe. It's a shame you can't experience it but when we improve there should be still be enough to keep you going for a while.
,I've been getting everton for over 40 years mate so fuck off with your stupid fucking comment about GETTING our club,I get that they have won fuck all for over 20years and it doesn't look like changing but that alright because we care about the community just fuck off.

October 30, 2017, 06:13:49 AM
Reply #22

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
,I've been getting everton for over 40 years mate so fuck off with your stupid fucking comment about GETTING our club,I get that they have won fuck all for over 20years and it doesn't look like changing but that alright because we care about the community just fuck off.

Touchy aren't you.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 30, 2017, 06:36:44 AM
Reply #23

plowman2

Both interesting and fair whether we like it or not.
He's been devastingly underwhelming at goodison and seems to have developed a belief he can run straight through solid objects.
(Sunderland fan's fume at possible signing of McGeady on loan)

October 30, 2017, 08:36:04 AM
Reply #24

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I'm just stating the obvious. I obviously get much more for my money than you do. Good times - bad times - that's life.  I've seen them all but for me there is something in addition to winning trophies, there is the whole experience of being an Evertonian.  ☺

October 30, 2017, 12:50:58 PM
Reply #25

Coyb12

I'm just stating the obvious. I obviously get much more for my money than you do. Good times - bad times - that's life.  I've seen them all but for me there is something in addition to winning trophies, there is the whole experience of being an Evertonian.  ☺
It's that you Bill,the whole experience of being an Evertonian shut up mate.

October 30, 2017, 06:06:04 PM
Reply #26

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
It's that you Bill,the whole experience of being an Evertonian shut up mate.
Have a nice day.😊

October 30, 2017, 06:33:39 PM
Reply #27

Evertonian in NC

fair, reasonable, makes me want to hang myself all over again.  I spent much of last week down the rabbit hole of old 1980s Everton YouTube videos, it might as well been a funereal montage.

Jesus wept, we need another Trevor Steven (h/t, Blarg)
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 30, 2017, 07:19:16 PM
Reply #28

Gary1878

What words would you use to sum up Everton fans? I think most would say that we are proud, traditional, passionate and loyal.

How would you describe our club? Historic, traditional (again), friendly?

We have a great football club, but we need to decide what direction we want for our football club, and how far we are willing to move away from our past/present values in order to progress onto the next stage.

October 30, 2017, 07:40:55 PM
Reply #29

ally2

School of science? More like school of history I'm afraid to say.