December 16, 2017, 01:51:16 AM

Author Topic: Aaron Lennon  (Read 6594 times)

May 04, 2017, 09:30:30 PM
Reply #75

Rodenplav64

The human mind is a fragile thing . Being alone but surrounded by people is a strange way to feel and then your bubble bursts . Money , wife , kids and friends somehow fail to make a dent in your mood . Hope he gets well soon .

deCoubertin

May 04, 2017, 11:21:49 PM
Reply #76

blue1948

I watched the Koeman interview on the club channel today ,other than once again being absolutely pissed off with the first guy ,who tries "ad infinitum" to trip the manager up ,I was shocked that despite Koeman saying they have people in place to face this ,it has happened .I have not heard many details but it seems that everyone around him has a question to answer. No more until I know more but I am not impressed

May 04, 2017, 11:35:51 PM
Reply #77

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I watched the Koeman interview on the club channel today ,other than once again being absolutely pissed off with the first guy ,who tries "ad infinitum" to trip the manager up ,I was shocked that despite Koeman saying they have people in place to face this ,it has happened .I have not heard many details but it seems that everyone around him has a question to answer. No more until I know more but I am not impressed

What aren't you impressed about?

No one knows what happened so it's unfair to cast any kind of judgement.

May 04, 2017, 11:38:34 PM
Reply #78

Bluedylan

I think you might have misinterpreted the inferences from the press conference there. Mental health problems can and will happen regardless of the things a club or any organisation has in place. Koeman said that both Everton and Southampton have a lot of things in place to help players in such situations. That doesn't mean you can prevent it from happening, because no one can do that, it's about the level of support, treatment and guidance that you can offer, once it has come to light.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 04, 2017, 11:48:52 PM
Reply #79

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

What would that question be ?

May 04, 2017, 11:57:21 PM
Reply #80

Lxxx

didn't jump to any conclusion at all, sounds awful whatever the issue is.

guess it just seems so hard to take that a professional footballer at the top level of physical fitness and conditioning with money and access to whatever help and care he needs could suffer from something like this. maybe that's naive by me I don't know. at the time I posted very little was known about what happened. still think thats the case

I would imagine it's equally as lonely sat in a large mansion on your own feeling depressed as it is in a one bedroom flat.

May 05, 2017, 12:03:38 AM
Reply #81

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I think you might have misinterpreted the inferences from the press conference there. Mental health problems can and will happen regardless of the things a club or any organisation has in place. Koeman said that both Everton and Southampton have a lot of things in place to help players in such situations. That doesn't mean you can prevent it from happening, because no one can do that, it's about the level of support, treatment and guidance that you can offer, once it has come to light.

Added to that, unless someone wants help, there isn't much you can do until they become a danger to themselves or others.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 05, 2017, 02:16:16 AM
Reply #82

BlueForYou

You can feel lonely surrounded by loved ones; once a dark cloud invades your space, it can start to suffocate you until you reach hell - then just try and keep walking...................... ...

And never judge anybody else until you've tried walking in their shoes

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

May 05, 2017, 02:21:36 AM
Reply #83

BlueBeagle

Fat Brazil mentioned something on his breakfast show yesterday about Everton being the ones that raised the alarm to the Police prior to them detaining him.

May 05, 2017, 03:01:12 AM
Reply #84

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Whenever any of us experience something for the first time we have to learn how to deal with it, from the most trivial to the most serious.
Sometimes we can learn quickly and sometimes it can take years. With mental illness you have to allow for the person's personality, life experience, social values and pressures from other significant adults to name but a few.
If it develops slowly then it's hard to see one day as better or worse than the day before. This month compared to last month - maybe, this year compared to last year- probably. Others may see it before you do, hide it well and they may notice little things but overall won't identify it.
Sometimes you have to hit the crisis before it can be dealt with. It is such a personal thing that you can't generalise and with Aaron, whist others will have experienced similar events, no one will have experienced it exactly like him.
Don't try to attach blame or responsibility to him, the club or anyone else. All we know are a few facts about the crisis point and that is probably one per cent of the overall picture. The rest is private and personal and should be kept that way.
If Aaron chooses to talk publicly in the future that's fine and I think we would all respect that because that takes real bottle.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

May 05, 2017, 02:41:42 PM
Reply #85

blue1948

What aren't you impressed about?

No one knows what happened so it's unfair to cast any kind of judgement.

The gist of my comment was based on a quote from the prematch interview a few weeks ago ,where Koeman said that Aaron was not ready to play for the team ,not he was not fit ,not he was injured but he was not ready .So my thoughts on that are that the club was aware something was wrong and yet still we have gotten to this point and if indeed the club notified the police then why was Aaron near a main road needing help

May 05, 2017, 04:08:08 PM
Reply #86

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
The gist of my comment was based on a quote from the prematch interview a few weeks ago ,where Koeman said that Aaron was not ready to play for the team ,not he was not fit ,not he was injured but he was not ready .So my thoughts on that are that the club was aware something was wrong and yet still we have gotten to this point and if indeed the club notified the police then why was Aaron near a main road needing help

You ever had mental health issues? For one, you tend to keep how you really feel, totally secret. You dont go shouting about that you may feel suicidal or want to harm yourself. Sure, the people closest to you may know you are depressed, but i doubt they know the intensity of it.
I have to return some videotapes.

May 05, 2017, 05:09:59 PM
Reply #87

Gash

Global Moderator

Something preople with mental health issues are very good at (mainly due to the stigma) is hiding the issue or playing it down.

May 05, 2017, 05:21:15 PM
Reply #88

Major Clanger

That bit is easy to answer: would you like to live in a country where the police can lock you up because someone claims you're suicidal?

Under section 136 they can only act if they are convinced you are a danger to yourself or others. Which is what they've done. (And well done to them too, I can't imagine it's one of the easier assignments for coppers.)
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

May 05, 2017, 05:26:27 PM
Reply #89

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Reading posts on here it's obvious people care. It's also obvious that whilst the understanding and profile of mental llness is improving overall people are not aware of how help is or can be offered. Talking to people and trying to understand their situation should be taken for granted but it might help people understand better if you consider how help is offered when it becomes more critical. Aaron was detained under the MH Act to enable a full assessment to be done but what about those more seriously ill but not sectionable? 
How would you deal with that?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.