December 15, 2017, 06:50:56 AM

Author Topic: Aaron Lennon  (Read 6586 times)

May 03, 2017, 03:55:08 PM
Reply #30

Cozzie

Couldn't believe when I read this.

Hope everything works out for him.

deCoubertin

May 03, 2017, 03:57:38 PM
Reply #31

Lxxx

What I'm thinking is: is this something we should know about?

Sure, we want to know about it, but does it help him that his problems have just been published?

Having a possible breakdown on the side of a busy M602 is pretty public enough. Gossip would have spread regardless, an official statement gets what needs to be said out in a proper manner.

May 03, 2017, 03:59:46 PM
Reply #32

dazfrancis

Get well soon Aaron.

May 03, 2017, 04:12:18 PM
Reply #33

Major Clanger

Having a possible breakdown on the side of a busy M602 is pretty public enough. Gossip would have spread regardless, an official statement gets what needs to be said out in a proper manner.

Yeah, you're probably right. I genuinely don't know the answer, it wasn't a rhetorical question.

But you know what I mean, this sort of thing is one of the most sensitive types of personal information, and it's protected for a reason.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

May 03, 2017, 04:12:35 PM
Reply #34

everton1952

Inevitable that it should go public for a well known footballer playing for a well known club. He just seemed to disappear from Everton news and not mentioned by Koeman when asked for news of players sidelined. Very sad indeed, I have first hand experience of breakdowns friend and family. It is horrible. He will get the best of attention and hopefully will recover.

May 03, 2017, 04:18:47 PM
Reply #35

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, you're probably right. I genuinely don't know the answer, it wasn't a rhetorical question.

But you know what I mean, this sort of thing is one of the most sensitive types of personal information, and it's protected for a reason.

I suspect it's an ongoing issue we've kept private for a while now.

Hasn't been in the squad for a while with an undiagnosed injury and when Koeman was asked he simply said he wasn't in a physical shape to play.

Once he has a police incident reported then I don't think we have a choice but to make it public through the media.

Now it's been made public and he's getting messages of support from everywhere it might help him move forward?

Hopefully anyway.

May 03, 2017, 04:41:26 PM
Reply #36

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He probably isn't even aware it's made the news. It's likely the last thing on his mind.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

May 03, 2017, 05:00:42 PM
Reply #37

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Also it's something we should talk about. Keeping mental health issues secret is what makes people feel worse when it happens to them. You never know, this being made public may help a struggling Everton fan go and get help.
I have to return some videotapes.

May 03, 2017, 05:13:13 PM
Reply #38

Bally

Administrator
hate to say it but the article makes you wonder if it was substance abuse cited as a mental illness out of kindness. either way its bad news, hope he's better soon
How in the screaming blue fuck did you jump to that conclusion.

Fuck me
It's the roll I way

May 03, 2017, 05:13:38 PM
Reply #39

Bally

Administrator
It's the roll I way

May 03, 2017, 05:16:52 PM
Reply #40

Bally

Administrator

Also it's something we should talk about. Keeping mental health issues secret is what makes people feel worse when it happens to them. You never know, this being made public may help a struggling Everton fan go and get help.

It should be talked about all the time, it should be approached all the time, if you even think that someone is suffering go and ask, I do, I know first hand how bad it can get.
It's the roll I way

May 03, 2017, 05:32:30 PM
Reply #41

bluestevie

Daily Mail mentioning his salary. *sigh*

Not just that but his partying in his Spurs days with reality TV bints and his past incidents with police. Whoever felt the need to bring that up needs sacking, has absolutely no relation to what Aaron is going through right now. Quite rightly they are getting pelters for it left right and centre from not just the general public but fans of other clubs as well as the likes of Phil Neville and Robbie Fowler too
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

May 03, 2017, 05:36:54 PM
Reply #42

Faceatthefence

Get well soon Aaron
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

May 03, 2017, 06:25:11 PM
Reply #43

Jamokachi

Disgraceful reporting of the incident, thankfully widely condemned.

http://www.football365.com/news/mediawatch-aaron-lennon-daily-mail-and-daily-mirror

May 03, 2017, 06:43:21 PM
Reply #44

formerKHL

some people just think footballers because they earn good money have the life of riley....and to be fair most of them do..

However, this is becoming a growing problem within the game, particularly as players reach their "latter" years of their careers..

good luck and best wishes fastman.....