June 25, 2017, 07:07:47 PM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
The Everton Forum / Ross Barkley
« Last post by MrWhite on 2 minutes ago »
I read one article that he;s handed a transfer request in. Probably not true, but the sooner he and Lukaku are done and out the club, the better.

I think this is more press imagining. The only article I've seen saying that was the Metro, listed as Arsenal News, claiming the shitbag reported it. But the shitbag article, while usual bollocks assertions, contained no mention of any actual request, just statements about what Barkley supposedly wants.

Personally I'm not sure Ross knows what he wants. Except possibly to be the focus of less speculation by a rag that called him a stupid ape and yet still sparks debate about him in his home town?
The Everton Forum / Re: Ross Barkley
« Last post by Alanvideo on 15 minutes ago »
Still believe he's than sigurdsson.
..............better ? so do I.
The Everton Forum / Re: Gylfi Sigurdsson
« Last post by brap2 on 19 minutes ago »
I don't think he's the playmaker you all think he is.

He's certainly not a pass master.

He'll whip a good cross into the back post but that's it.
« Last post by brap2 on 20 minutes ago »
Still believe he's better than sigurdsson.
« Last post by plumber on 28 minutes ago »
Barkley not playing for a flashy club surely is not the reason England managers don't rate him.
Redmond, Antonio, Bertrand, Livermore, Ward-Prowse, Keane, 50 year old Defoe... Should I continue?

And sitting on the Tottenham's bench definitely won't increase his chances.
I remember watching him play for France years ago, maybe in some qualifiers as the games were pretty close together. He was awful, couldn't finish and was easily the worst player on the pitch. It's taken a long time for him to change my opinion of him, and he has become a more reliable and consistent goal scorer. Last season he scored 16 goals I think it was despite not featuring much, and has a decent ratio of goals to games.

It does make sense to get him if we can. I think 20 million would be a fair price and one we can easily absorb. Arsenal did it with us buying Arteta for 10 million, I think we'd get a few good seasons out of him.

As others have said, he will bring others into the game more and help our goal scoring exploits elsewhere in the team. Klaassen could be one player who will specially benefit from him being in the team.
« Last post by Shropshire Blue on 36 minutes ago »
It's a bit ironic that Ross seemed to be leading all this and many were really worried about his loss to us.  3 months on and Ross is being left behind and becoming an irrelevance. I can't see a 'better' move for him career wise (excluding financial as he should be rich enough by now to have trophies as his priority not money) as apart from half hearted interest from Spurs there's barely been even media speculation about where he might go in terms of a 'big' club. He'd walk into any side below us but for him that's likely to be just deja vu.
His most immediate risk is suffering serious injury to his ego.
I wasn't that excited about the link to Giroud at first, but thinking about it, it makes sense.
Giroud is one of the best forwards at holding up the ball and playing in his teammates. We've now got players who will be bursting into the box from midfield (Klaassen, Davies) and Giroud will be able to link up with them. He should help us get more goals from the rest of the team which is what Koeman has asked for. Plus he scores goals. 100 minutes per goal this season is pretty impressive for a player who was in and out of the team.
People have mentioned that he will have no resale value, but if he can help Klaassen, Davies, Sandro get 10 goals a piece this season he will help their value skyrocket.
« Last post by Alanvideo on 51 minutes ago »
Just taking this a step further...

Do people think that if he does stay - could the improved quality of the team around him be the missing ingredient he's needed to fulfill this potential so many of us believe he has?

Personally - I think it could.

..........I really want him to stay ,settle his differences with Koeman and compete for a place.
« Last post by blargins on 1 hour ago »
Just taking this a step further...

Do people think that if he does stay - could the improved quality of the team around him be the missing ingredient he's needed to fulfill this potential so many of us believe he has?

Personally - I think it could.

I don't think so. He had quality players around him for England, but rarely shone. Granted he's not had a run in the team. I think we both need to part ways. He's gone stale here.

I read one article that he;s handed a transfer request in. Probably not true, but the sooner he and Lukaku are done and out the club, the better.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10