June 27, 2017, 08:59:13 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Tottenham  (Read 18672 times)

May 25, 2015, 12:21:14 AM
Reply #255

Cuttyblue

They would only ever do that in line with FFP though, Cutty.

After all, the plan in football is to protect and reinforce the monopoly, not disrupt it

(Preemptive apology for going off forum topic)

UK and Europe surprises me in that there are large social welfare states, yet in sport, exploitative monopolies masquerading as "big clubs" as you referred to.  Seems strange to a Yank.

May 25, 2015, 12:27:44 AM
Reply #256

Cuttyblue

Bobby Martinez: "Of course it's been a very tough season but we have learned invaluable lessons that we will use in a good effect to start building towards where we want to be again."

Grrr... so vanilla.

May 25, 2015, 12:30:16 AM
Reply #257

Major Clanger

(Preemptive apology for going off forum topic)

UK and Europe surprises me in that there are large social welfare states, yet in sport, exploitative monopolies masquerading as "big clubs" as you referred to.  Seems strange to a Yank.

Same for the US, for a country that bangs on so much about the free market, idolises the self-made man and cares so little about those who fall by the wayside, their sporting competitions look like pure communism.

For example, did you know that footballers in the MLS aren't actually employed by their clubs? Their contract is centrally managed.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 12:31:31 AM by Major Clanger »
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

May 25, 2015, 12:36:26 AM
Reply #258

Cuttyblue

Same for the US, for a country that bangs on so much about the free market, idolises the self-made man and cares so little about those who fall by the wayside, their sporting competitions look like pure communism.

I agree.  I am saying I like the competitive market wherein the NFL and NBA clubs compete.  Money is minimized somewhat, transfer strategy, team synergy and managerial ability maximized.  Unfortunately, I'm just not interested in either sport.

Well-supported but cash-poor clubs like ours would do well.

Edit: no, I did not know that.  I have no interest in the MLS.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 12:37:12 AM by Cuttyblue »

May 25, 2015, 01:18:19 AM
Reply #259

ForzaItalia

Just can't accept Baines has had a poor season. That stats speak for themselves.

Me either. But to be fair, he hasn't reached the very high standards he has set himself over the past few seasons. We all know his game has suffered due to not having a fit Pienaar playing in front of him
il Vesuvio e la terra che amo

May 25, 2015, 01:32:15 AM
Reply #260

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Me either. But to be fair, he hasn't reached the very high standards he has set himself over the past few seasons. We all know his game has suffered due to not having a fit Pienaar playing in front of him
Or anyone, anyone at all in front of him.

We have had no left midfielder nearly all season.
Heisenberg thoughts on Lukaku :
If he was English his value would be 10-15.

May 25, 2015, 01:34:14 AM
Reply #261

ForzaItalia

Or anyone, anyone at all in front of him.

We have had no left midfielder nearly all season.

Yeah, good point.
il Vesuvio e la terra che amo

May 25, 2015, 02:08:42 AM
Reply #262

Thom

Administrator

That and the fact he's had a sore ankle for nigh on 3 years.

May 25, 2015, 04:47:34 AM
Reply #263

bacon sarnie

Missed it. Internet went down on me about an hour before kick-off. Fuckin knackered!