November 14, 2018, 08:20:54 PM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
General Football Chat / Re: Post-Brexit Football
« Last post by Shropshire Blue on 18 minutes ago »
Because there are no restrictions on eu players at the moment.

There are work permit restrictions for non eu players.

Therefore, and immigration was an issue with eu, post brexit its likely that all players will be subject to the current, non eu work permit rules.

Would be more limiting for English clubs vs eu clubs and youd also be left with bias issues with more prominent clubs gaining favour.
I understand what you mean but any criteria/restrictions on foreign players will be down totally to the UK. Perhaps more complicated for EU players than now but simpler for the rest? Who knows what will emerge out of the Brexit chaos?
Things will be different but not necessarily will everything be worse. The world wasn't going to end whatever the Brexit vote.
As stated elsewhere it's the FA who are pushing for change at the moment.
The Everton Forum / Re: Michael Keane
« Last post by Evertonian in NC on 20 minutes ago »
That is remarkable quality and depth, fixed within such a short time period.  Build the foundation first.
« Last post by Redartin on 33 minutes ago »
I don't think it would be a bad thing really. It would mean clubs have to promote and develop more home grown players which could only be good at international level.
Not so good at international level for Republic of Ireland. League of Ireland clubs have been suppling English/Scottish clubs with players for years, most who go on to play at international level (Seamus being prime example). Can see that supply drying up eventually. RoI teams in the future could be made up from just League of Ireland players.

There is a possible strange scenario within Ireland itself.
Players from RoI may need a work permit to play for Irish League teams in the North.
Whereas NI players just need an Irish passport to play for League of Ireland teams in the South.
Yeah me and my mate said the same. Hes eclipse Kante if he could pass better. Needs to take a shot more often too.

He really is, in many ways, the budget/poor(ish) man's version of Kante.
« Last post by GLewis on 1 hour ago »
Why? What will the EU have to do with it? We'll have Brexited.  That's assuming the politicians can agree on anything!!!! Things will be different,  yes, but how much it will be more or less complicated is anyone's guess although I have heard it's right at the front of Jacob Grease-Bogs mind.

Because there are no restrictions on eu players at the moment.

There are work permit restrictions for non eu players.

Therefore, and immigration was an issue with eu, post brexit its likely that all players will be subject to the current, non eu work permit rules.

Would be more limiting for English clubs vs eu clubs and youd also be left with bias issues with more prominent clubs gaining favour.
General Football Chat / Re: Scudamore whip round
« Last post by Bluedylan on 1 hour ago »
Be nice if we made a big thing of writing a cheque out for 250k for some homeless organisations or something of that ilk. Maybe a publicity stunt with Scudamore's name crossed out on the cheque.
« Last post by Bluedylan on 1 hour ago »
Mina, Zouma and Keane. Holgate and Jags barely even getting a lookin.

We had fucking Ashley Williams earlier this year! What a nightmare that was and thank fuck it's over.
« Last post by Silas on 1 hour ago »
I think we need to credit a more settled backline as well. A big signing will struggle for good form in an erratic lineup. Particularly in defence. We've even seen it in midfield with Sigurdsson and his form this season being much better.
The Everton Forum / Re: Next 4
« Last post by Lxxx on 2 hours ago »
Huddersfield and West Ham were games we expected a lot more than one point from too. We're not yet at a level like the top 6 can where they target games on the presumption they will be easier.

One positive is we look more solid at the back now so we're less likely to go a goal down before we get going at home.
« Last post by Lxxx on 2 hours ago »
He doesn't get caught out of position as much I've noticed. He was always scrambling last year, even when we were playing in a much more defensive setup. We can credit Silva but I think we need to credit the lad for getting his head right too, he looks to be concentrating better.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10