Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 79761 times)

November 18, 2017, 11:04:18 PM
Reply #1860

Bluedylan

Not convinced by Dyche. We'll soon be bored by his limitations.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

deCoubertin

November 18, 2017, 11:05:00 PM
Reply #1861

everton1952

Going by the match thread comments Unsie has no chance at all, so get on with getting "someone" as manager. There are loads to pick from Dyche won again, the lad at Bournemouth won again, Silva, anyone but Unsworth from the match report. Shame really for him.

November 18, 2017, 11:06:36 PM
Reply #1862

KoemansNumberTens

We've bottled making decisions at all the right times, no decision is often the worse decision.

I think we bottled allardyce. Rightly or wrongly I think they wanted him short term and then shit it and backed away from it. There's no clear plan. Fucking and farting about giroud/Sigurdsson style. Will we overpay for shite or just not bother with a manager?

November 18, 2017, 11:06:52 PM
Reply #1863

Shogun

Administrator
Is it acceptable to want Howe now Bournemouth have turned things around?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 18, 2017, 11:13:13 PM
Reply #1864

Bluedylan

Is it acceptable to want Howe now Bournemouth have turned things around?

Bit flavour of the monthy. Two bad results and everyone would be saying 'Howe's teams are too open'.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 11:20:10 PM by Bluedylan »

November 18, 2017, 11:19:37 PM
Reply #1865

ally2

I'd be happy with Howe or Silva. I don't like Dyche. He's a spoiler, and I'm just about positive enough to think we have moved on from that sort.

November 19, 2017, 02:41:06 AM
Reply #1866

Lxxx

My money would be on Allardyce taking over from Pulis soon. I canít see them taking 5 games to sort out a new manager if they decide to give him the boot.

November 19, 2017, 02:57:27 AM
Reply #1867

everton1952

I wanted Rafa until Man Utd scored 4.

November 19, 2017, 04:15:44 AM
Reply #1868

therealdunc

Need to get someone in ASAP, Unsworth tactically clueless again today and is clearly learning on the job.

We can do so much better
Blue

November 19, 2017, 04:20:22 AM
Reply #1869

AllyBlue14

Bit flavour of the monthy. Two bad results and everyone would be saying 'Howe's teams are too open'.

He's achieved more in this league than Silva has, though.

November 19, 2017, 04:29:44 AM
Reply #1870

Bluedylan

He's achieved more in this league than Silva has, though.

He's been here longer like, if that's what you mean. I'm not really into the 'in this league' argument personally. Almost all the best players and managers in the Prem are foreign, and had no experience 'in this league' before they came here. Steve Bruce and Alan Pardew have loads of experience 'in this league' and both are garbage. Prem experience is wildly overrated. Talent and ability at your role should be the criteria.

November 19, 2017, 04:33:08 AM
Reply #1871

therealdunc

Premier league experience isnít important.

But managing a menís first 11 team is, which is why itís never been clearer Unsworth is out of his depth.

Describing the result today as Ďa great pointí a new low.

I thought he was suppose to be an evertonian who understood us? Since when did Everton consider a point against the team bottom of the league a great point?

Back to managing kids for Unsy
Blue

November 19, 2017, 05:05:15 AM
Reply #1872

Bluedylan

November 19, 2017, 05:27:36 AM
Reply #1873

AllyBlue14

He's been here longer like, if that's what you mean. I'm not really into the 'in this league' argument personally. Almost all the best players and managers in the Prem are foreign, and had no experience 'in this league' before they came here. Steve Bruce and Alan Pardew have loads of experience 'in this league' and both are garbage. Prem experience is wildly overrated. Talent and ability at your role should be the criteria.

Almost all the best players and managers are in the upper echelons, so would likely succeed wherever they are in the world. Often because they're afforded enormous budgets and very good squads. At the moment, we're nowhere near that market.

For every Steve Bruce and Alan Pardew, there's a Pepe Mel, Felix Magathe or Juande Ramos. Talent and ability are obviously the criteria, but when you're languishing at the wrong end of the table, you need someone who knows what it takes to win 'in this league'. I couldn't care less if they've done it in Italy or Spain, they're completely different propositions.

My first choice would be Tuchel, because I feel he's as close as we could get to that top rank. In his absence, I think we need someone proven. With that in mind, I don't think you can champion Marco Silva and then in the same breath call Eddie Howe a flavour of the month, who has played a decent brand of football and kept Bournemouth comfortably in the league for the last 2 or 3 years.

November 19, 2017, 05:49:12 AM
Reply #1874

Bluedylan

Almost all the best players and managers are in the upper echelons, so would likely succeed wherever they are in the world. Often because they're afforded enormous budgets and very good squads. At the moment, we're nowhere near that market.

For every Steve Bruce and Alan Pardew, there's a Pepe Mel, Felix Magathe or Juande Ramos. Talent and ability are obviously the criteria, but when you're languishing at the wrong end of the table, you need someone who knows what it takes to win 'in this league'. I couldn't care less if they've done it in Italy or Spain, they're completely different propositions.

My first choice would be Tuchel, because I feel he's as close as we could get to that top rank. In his absence, I think we need someone proven. With that in mind, I don't think you can champion Marco Silva and then in the same breath call Eddie Howe a flavour of the month, who has played a decent brand of football and kept Bournemouth comfortably in the league for the last 2 or 3 years.

Fair enough, we'll have to agree to disagree but you argued your case well.