December 17, 2018, 09:42:44 PM

Author Topic: [News]Keane: Belief is there to become a top side  (Read 498 times)

December 14, 2018, 07:18:42 PM
Read 498 times

NewsBot

Global Moderator
Keane: Belief is there to become a top side

ÔĽŅEverton defender Michael Keane says that his side have the belief in themselves that they can become a side challenging at the top of the table.

Source: Keane: Belief is there to become a top side

December 14, 2018, 09:35:16 PM
Reply #1

Bluedylan

Itís not. Until we beat big teams regularly, itís all talk.

Itís well intentioned like, but not true yet.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 14, 2018, 10:48:23 PM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
3-4 very good transfer windows, a homegrown or unearthed superstar or two and absolutely phenomenal performance off the pitch, and we have a chance.

Most of this side will be gone by then though I imagine, and even then thatís a lot of dominos to fall in line.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 15, 2018, 01:29:16 AM
Reply #3

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Does any team beat the big teams on a regular basis though?

December 15, 2018, 02:02:07 AM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

More important to get good enough to beat everyone else regularly which is our problem.

There’s nearly 80 points available in the teams underneath us. Obviously we’d never be getting all them but we could take a bigger slice than we do.

Obviously I would love if we were able to beat some of the big sides home/away, I mean our record is genuinely disgusting, but it’s the side being better which will fix that, not the other way round.

Same goes for things like ‘fans negative attitude’, or ‘small time’ or atmosphere at the ground or the other stuff people get wound up over which is really frustration over us being average.

I also think partly people wanting to beat the big sides is a bit of a vanity thing.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 02:03:40 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 15, 2018, 02:16:06 AM
Reply #5

Bluedylan

The rest of the big teams. If we want to join them, we have to beat some of them occasionally.

December 15, 2018, 03:31:23 AM
Reply #6

blue slug

The rest of the big teams. If we want to join them, we have to beat some of them occasionally.

Exactly right you canít be challenging top 4 without beating them

December 15, 2018, 03:38:16 AM
Reply #7

Evertonian in NC

We are no longer a walkover.  And we went into Anfield with full belief.  That's a necessary first and second step, even if they are only preliminary.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

December 15, 2018, 03:52:10 PM
Reply #8

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Belief if different to actuality.

Unless youíre already there you need the belief in the first place.

Need to stop panicking about away wins at top 6 (ignoring the past 20 years as irrelevant to the current team etc) as whoever finishes 4th will probably win one as season.

More pressing issue is winning say 3 at home.

Games vs whoever is 4/5/6 should be very strong targets for home wins.

Need to then add 3+ away wins at dross.

December 15, 2018, 04:55:40 PM
Reply #9

eyesalwaysblue

More than happy with the improvement this year, especially in the leap in quality of signings, last 3 have been a disappointment but just have to remember this time last year to feel much better, a good striker in Jan and another step forward could be well on the cards..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

December 15, 2018, 04:59:03 PM
Reply #10

fubarruk

Need to worry about beating the likes of Newcastle, Watford and Huddersfield at home before we can daydream about competing with the truely top sides, we're still a long way away yet.

December 16, 2018, 03:41:43 PM
Reply #11

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Heís not saying itís true, heís saying the belief is there, would much rather have that attitude than not having any belief in ever being able to become a top team, presumably by that he means consistent top 6.

December 16, 2018, 06:28:52 PM
Reply #12

BlueMaquis

Your action has nothing to do with your abundance! Your abundance is a response to your vibration. Of course, your belief is part of your vibration. So if you believe that action is part of what brings your abundance, then you've got to unravel that.

Someone asked us recently, "Is there any limitation to the body's ability to heal?" And we said, "None, other than the belief that you hold." And he said, "Then why aren't people growing new limbs?" And we said, "Because no one believes that they can."

You're really not wanting to limit beliefs because belief is just perspective, and the more beliefs or the more perspectives or the more attitudes, the bigger the vibrational kitchen from which you can make your pie. Just get so good at directing your Energy that the belief doesn't dominate.

December 16, 2018, 06:44:55 PM
Reply #13

Bluedylan

Your action has nothing to do with your abundance! Your abundance is a response to your vibration. Of course, your belief is part of your vibration. So if you believe that action is part of what brings your abundance, then you've got to unravel that.

Someone asked us recently, "Is there any limitation to the body's ability to heal?" And we said, "None, other than the belief that you hold." And he said, "Then why aren't people growing new limbs?" And we said, "Because no one believes that they can."

You're really not wanting to limit beliefs because belief is just perspective, and the more beliefs or the more perspectives or the more attitudes, the bigger the vibrational kitchen from which you can make your pie. Just get so good at directing your Energy that the belief doesn't dominate.

Do you write self-help manuals?