September 22, 2018, 05:10:30 AM

Author Topic: Got this off of Flap Central (Toffeeweb)  (Read 1280 times)

August 14, 2018, 08:17:59 PM
Reply #30

fubarruk

Stopped reading after Witsel is ours
Haha, brilliant. He went down fighting bless him, with the rock solid 'he changed his mind' excuse...

What he essentially has is no inside information, no documented information, no confirmed figures, basing the entire piece on his assumptions and expert interpretation.

The fraud knows as much as the square root of fuck all.

August 14, 2018, 08:39:37 PM
Reply #31

Robioto

................he's got two twitter accounts now ,one specifically about B-M Dock . He seems to put a lot of work into it but he goes on a bit as you say.

Yeah, I actually have a lot of respect for him, he puts a lot of work into what he does. He just goes into the sort of detail that as a fan I'm just not really that interested in. I'm a football fan after all, what's on the pitch is the best bit about being a fan and as excited as I am about the stadium and the investment, I'm not arsed about the detail.

August 14, 2018, 09:50:28 PM
Reply #32

Dr. Sponge

Just a theory by a man of the Internet with a lot of spare time.

August 14, 2018, 10:04:28 PM
Reply #33

blueski

he's just looking at Everton as a business. Which is all nice but pretty much any football club is going to have some issues if you look very closely. football clubs which are successful on the pitch at the highest levels and successful in generating a steady stream of cash are very rare indeed.
Nil Satis

August 14, 2018, 10:56:55 PM
Reply #34

D15TIN

Stopped reading/listening to anything he had to say when he started bagging out our commercial performance in comparison to Utd's. Ridiculous barometer that only serves as a stick with which to beat the club. He then uses the fume it creates to suck up likes on Twitter. No time for all that self important shite. His little band of followers are all fucking cranks too, it seems.
Not just that, he claimed Axel Witsel had signed in 2016 - full of shit

August 15, 2018, 05:51:02 AM
Reply #35

bluestevie

Fair enough, I try and avoid most of what he writes so maybe don't have a broader view, but what I have seen is that he thinks we are constantly run by frauds who use dodgy finance deals and are taking us for a ride and we'll be bankrupt before we know it

And then he can finally sit back smugly and say 'I told you so'

Sure you aren't confusing Esk for Davek on Grand Old Team?
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

August 15, 2018, 05:58:14 AM
Reply #36

Tinga

Still waiting on Mata signing.

August 15, 2018, 01:50:57 PM
Reply #37

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Shared this before but it really is the best thread on our finances if you want to understand them at all without bombastic conspiracy theories etc.

https://twitter.com/swissramble/status/948132849936404480?s=21

From the previous period :

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2017/01/everton-pressure-drop.html?m=1
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 15, 2018, 03:07:13 PM
Reply #38

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Highlights the importance of European competition. Should aim to get to Europa every year and to go as deep as possible. Spurs got £20m for reaching the same stage as we reached the year after us due to the lift in tv rev. We got £7m.

Itís a revenue stream a finite number of clubs can achieve every year. Every year we miss out is a year we get closer to West Ham etc. And the big boys pull away.

We are very reliant on TV, but generally so is everyone.

Commercial and sponsorshop need to improve but thereís no way we can do that without dragging ourselves forward on the pitch first. Become a winning side and you will attract better opportunities.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.